Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in 10 days cannot sleep

I am so afraid of this surgery. The number one fear is dying and leaving my 7 year old behind. I guess that is exactly why I am so scared. My doctor seems to think I am a good candidate and have no other issues other than my weight. I want the surgery but wish I wasn't losing sleep over it. Any words of advice or encouragement would be appreciated.

The gastric sleeve is recognized as being a safe surgery. You, being a good parent, know that you

need this help to make sure you will be there for your son LONG TERM. You've make a fantastic

effective choice to be healthier-- rest easy!

I am so afraid of this surgery. The number one fear is dying and leaving my 7 year old behind. I guess that is exactly why I am so scared. My doctor seems to think I am a good candidate and have no other issues other than my weight. I want the surgery but wish I wasn't losing sleep over it. Any words of advice or encouragement would be appreciated.

Hey there ... i have surgery also in 10 days, same emotions for me ( i try to encourage u ...but i am more scarred than u are :)))... over all think about logically that you are trying to do sokething about it. Think that is more dangerous to stay like this... i also have 2 kids and i want to be there for them

Beagleover, My surgeon said there are more complications from having your gall bladder out. I had that out years ago with no issues at all. I will try to hold on to that. I want to stay as positive as possible since I know that can make a difference.

Beagleover, My surgeon said there are more complications from having your gall bladder out. I had that out years ago with no issues at all. I will try to hold on to that. I want to stay as positive as possible since I know that can make a difference.

I've had my gall bladder out too, didn't feel any pain and had no problems at all. You go to sleep for while, wake up, and you are on the "other side" as they say here.

I am getting sleeved on 7/14. It will be my 6th surgery in 5 years, and I can't sleep. It is natural to be nervous, but you will get through it. Try to plan fun activities or time with friends to keep busy.

Based on what everyone is saying about being nervous and having trouble getting sleep, I think I will take my beagle, Lemon Drop, out for a VERY loooong walk. At least ONE of us will sleep well!