Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 6: May 27-31st Sleevers

Picture Time! (wow this site makes it a little hard to share pictures but I hope this works!)

BEFORE

319599 737761398157 8341528 N

479769 10100219386564435 1453411017 N

1083964 10100392669888265 1506284936 O

AFTER

906413 10100787355510115 5179285419025436925 O

10431525 10154785570830298 3122750470563796352 N

63400 10154786252170298 4917240196160770778 N

Went horseback riding this weekend for the first time in my life cause I'm not too fat to be on a horse now! SO much fun, sore knees though. Need practice :)

Humm spent 2 days in luxerious hotel, with lots of food and drinks, and all the good stuff you can think of, and well this stomack of mine is very hungry right now, so i did indulge...and scary part i did gain about a pound, but even scarier is that i cant seem to stop wanting to eat now

At the same time i found an old excel sheet that is over 10 yrs old on which i keep records of my weight lost every time i do a new diet...well it just seem every time i start giving up it's exactly when i am around my current weight .... Am i sabotaging myself? Makes me wonder

Hey everyone! Thought I'd drop in and say hi. We still have a Facebook group going so if anyone would like to join in there, we chat and do weekly weigh ins and share pics and stuff in our private, secret group.

As far as me, well I'm looking ok. Seems like I have a few weeks where I lose 2-4lbs then a week or two of nothing. But overall I seem to be on point with most people at 67lbs down since surgery - and I don't count carbs, ever. I think its an interesting experiment to see how much everyone looses when some are so strict. My sleeve seems just about as tight as ever! Most days I try to get in a Protein Shake and a few Snacks between clients, but I'd say I probably range 500-800cal a day. I can get almost a taco in, and about 3/4 a lean cuisine. Those are the easist ways for me to gague how much I can eat.

On the weekends I try to force myself to eat more, and eat often, so my body doesnt get used to 500cal thing and stop losing. I dont gain on the weekends when I do this and certainly notice weight drops those first few days back to work so the cycle seems to work ok.

Still want to get out an excercise but I just haven't had the desire to give up sleep yet and it will have to be a trade off. Hopefully Ill get the bug soon since I know it will help with the jiggly feeling :)

I get a lot of comments about how small I am and how skinny etc. But I'm not excited yet because I've been re-losing weight I lost over and over before. But 5 more lbs and I'll be in NEW territory. I feel like THEN I might be more excited. Anyone else have that feeling?

And I find it fascinating that weight loss effected your eyes and ears!!! I had no clue!

I think I might be getting tired of every one I know telling me great job

When I am out and about. I just look at them and say thank you but they just keep saying it like a broken record over and over. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the complments but over and over from the same people .

@@boccob81 I hear from some vets that that dies down in a few more months but there will always be that person who hasn't seen you in forever and make a big deal about it. BUT good news is now, all the new people you meet from now forward will never know the "BIG" you, never "remember what you were like before." So that's a positive way to look at things, it's like a fresh start.

I think I might be getting tired of every one I know telling me great job

When I am out and about. I just look at them and say thank you but they just keep saying it like a broken record over and over. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the complments but over and over from the same people .

Although i have lost 87lbs, i dont see it...do you know what i mean? I know my clothes are bigger and had to change them all, i know that i look better, but yet in my head somehow i havent really changed, so to get a compliment for something you dont feel has really change is weird...i guess i am waiting for that moment where my head is going to click, that i did achieve something here. So far i have erase 10 yrs off, but 10 yrs ago i was fat too

Hope everyone is doing well! Sitting here eating dinner and I can still barely get through half a lean cuisine. Love the sleeve!!

What's the Facebook group? How do you join?

So I thought I was starting to lose again BUT alas I gained back the 3 lbs I lost. I think the problem is just because I am so close to goal. At some point my stubborn body will have no choice but to lose cuz I am not over eating and I am exercising.

As far as getting tired of people complimenting you. I haven't experienced that yet. But I am getting tired of the "how did you do it comments". That's kinda annoying to me.

What's the Facebook group? How do you join?

So I thought I was starting to lose again BUT alas I gained back the 3 lbs I lost. I think the problem is just because I am so close to goal. At some point my stubborn body will have no choice but to lose cuz I am not over eating and I am exercising.

As far as getting tired of people complimenting you. I haven't experienced that yet. But I am getting tired of the "how did you do it comments". That's kinda annoying to me.

Oh I hear it every day . Over and over . I am not done losing when I see my self with out the fat rolls I will look good . Yes I lost a lot of weight but not there yet . That's how I think when I hear it . And woman day it I am thinking great want to go out yet ? Oh just being nice I see lol .

Oh well I let them complments me it makes them feel good . One time I told some one when they asked how I did it , I found a bag of meth . The look they all have me was priceless lmao

My favorite is how's your health quiestions . Over and over

I've been in a stall for about 2 weeks now, and halloween cheating hasn't helped my morale about it. But luckily the issues with my eyes and ears have eased up a little bit. One thing I ran into this weekend is that I was doing some shopping cause my pants are literally falling off my rear... I had bought a 1x shirt and sz 18 pants at lane bryant so I thought that would be my size everywhere. WRONG! I bought three pairs of pants and three sweaters at "normal size stores" that look like I'm stuffing myself into a sausage casing when I put them on. :( I just put them in the back of the closet and God willing I'll be able to wear them in a month or so.

It's so weird to know in my head that I am doing ok, not awesome, but good in losing 90lbs from high but I still feel really fat when stuff like that happens, and without clothes on my general shape/rolls are the same but just "deflated" It's both a blessing and a curse when my husband says, WOW You look so slim... when you're wearing your shaper. Even people who go the plastics route (probably not me, money is better spent elsewhere) end up having scars like frankenstein. I'm struggling to balance positive and realistic outlooks lately.

I hope you all are doing well.

Edited by devint

What's really weird to me is how different I feel just those 3 little pounds of weight gain. I feel fat again. :( I know its completly mental cuz I couldn't possibly look any different but I can't shake the feeling.

So I have cut more calories and exercised harder. Any other ideas to get over this now over 2 month stahl? I knew stahls were going to happen but everything I read said it would last a week or two weeks. Not only has mine lasted this long but it happened only 3 months out. Am I alone in thinking there must be something wrong? I go for my 6 month check up on the 21st. It will be sad if I weight the same that I did at my 3 month check up.

Well 3 pounds could be muscle you might be gaining . Stop weighing you're selfs I wait for the dr visit to . Yes some times I will cheat and get on the scale at the gym but I don't log it as official tell I step on the dr scale . So don't beat your self up . I stay around 400-1000 cals a day for me I am a 44 year old male .

@@4andcounting , Are you measuring inches or some other form of body composition? I took measurements before my surgery but haven't since. If you have any idea where you were before surgery, maybe it'd be worth it to measure now and use that as a judge of success. If you are heavily using weights it is conceivable that you could be losing fat and gaining muscle mass at an almost equal rate, if you were eating Protein like a maniac.

Don't fret what you'll weigh at your checkin, focus on what you're going to bring (food and exercise logs) and what questions you're going to ask to help your doctor get to the bottom of whats going on. *hugs*

In Canada if i could have waited for the surgery in the public system for over 2 yrs and the surgery would hsve been free. But when i madee my decision i did not want to wait 2 yrs to get the surgery, than another year to lose the weight. So i went private and it cost me out of pocket 22000$, altough i have insurance it doesnt pay for one penny. Anyhow all that to say, that in this private package i have access to 10 counseling with a nutrionist. I think you need to go to a nutritionist for sleeve and seek from expert advice, i dont think its normal that you had a stall for this long, maybe you are not eating enough...i dont know, but it just weird, unless you had very littel to lose...becaus my cousin went public and she had the surgery about the same time i did, i have lost 90 lbs, she has lost 40 lbs...so it depends on your starting point, i was 303, she was 200 lbs.