Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 6: May 27-31st Sleevers

How many calories are you taking in?

I am taking in between 500 and 800 calories a day. Still stuck on the same number I have been at for 5 weeks now :( I am happy to have lost what I have lost and could not have done it without the surgery but I am just ready for this stall to be over!

Has anyone else has a stall that lasted this long?

I had a 3 week stall that I just broke here late last week. I had lost 68 lbs and then i actually gained about 2 or 3 back (panic!), it was weird. And fluctuated within a 3 lb mark for 3 weeks.

I wish there was a magic trick that I knew would work to tell you, but I wouldn't recommend doing what I did... catching a nasty head cold/flu that had me losing fluids! So I lost some just from being sick, but I took a day off work, rested and kept drinking over 100 oz of fluids a day (I wasn't eating anything solid except bananas per doc) and that "rebooted" me.

Some veterans swear by the "sleeve test" which is to go back to through each stage of post op diet over a week. I still think it's way to early for anyone to have to resort to this in my personal opinion. I am encouraged by thinking 1) I still have lost more weight this way than ever before and I'm at my lowest adult weight of my life (sad that it's not even in onederland!) and 2) our bodies are losing weight so fast that it's literally traumatic to our overall system (thats why i'm going bald! but its ok) so cut your body a break and try to limit expectations and just enjoy the journey for what it is.

My hair is falling out really badly also. When I take a shower I pull clumps of hair out of my head. It is so bad that my 9 year old asked me if I am sick. I have been taking Biotin but it doesn't seem to help.

I agree that its probably to early to do that sleeve test thing but thank you for explaining what it is! Maybe I will try it if I don't start moving again here in a week or so. I was hoping to make it 6 months before I had to do anything drastic.

Yea I am trying to be patient LOL. I was the few weeks cuz I knew I would hit a stall eventually since I hadn't yet but these last 2 weeks have driven me crazy.

You are correct there is no way I could have lost the 58 I have lost on my own and I am so thankful for that loss! :) The downside for me is that I only weighed 103 lbs until about 8 years ago so I am no where close to my lowest adult weight. I don't want to be at that weight anyways but if I could lose another 30 I would be very satisfied!

At this point, I sort of think macro nutrient ratios and exercise have more to do with it than calorie intake (up to a certain extent anyway). I mean, it's different for everyone of course, but I think what people say about about Protein, Water, watching carbs, and exercising (especially weight training) is really all golden advice.

I usually get about 800-1000 calories a day. I stalled around the 5 week mark for about 3 weeks. I upped my calorie intake and that seemed to help. I was only getting about 500-600 calories at that time.

Two nights ago, I ended up in the emergency room with shallow breath, cold sweats and pain in my stomach worse than when I came out of surgery. I thought I was having a heart attack or that i blew a hole in my stomach somehow. It was terrifying. I had felt off the whole day and only had 2 tbsp of canned green Beans for dinner, so it wasn't a "stuck" situation. Turns out after EKG and Cat Scan, and despite me being on protonix daily, it was an "acid attack." Now I'm on low acid liquids only for a week to see if that helps me even out.

I wanted to let you all know in case you (heaven forbid) experience something like that. No shame in getting to the doc to get medicine to help. Also they ran me through a bunch of bloodwork to check my overall health, and it's good to know that all came back normal and healthy (except Vitamin D but everyones low on D.)

Despite this and my previous gallbladder complication, I'm still really glad that I got sleeved. I'm ready to feel well again, for sure. But still no regrets on choosing this path to get healthy.

I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you are feeling better now!

Well my dr appointment is oct 7 my birthday is the 5 so I am hoping for good news . Keep you all posted on it bad or good .

Now I do feel I am eating way to much so I am scared from that . I found my self eating oatmeal with brown sugar sigh ! I also eat watermelon like crazy and popcorn plus shredded chicken or turkey . But I am also eating one egg white with Swiss cheese and onion bell pepper and mushroom.so we will see how I do ! Just worried

@@boccob81 I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It sounds like all your food choices, even the ones that have you worried, are still way different than the food choices you used to make. And I saw the last round of pics you posted, you're seeing big time results. I hope you can stay positive and present and focus on each moment, for me that's a big struggle but when I do well with that the food things fall into place.

@@4andcounting thanks i am feeling better but using antispasmodic and pain meds intermittently. Good news is being on the Fluid diet again really helps shedding weight like crazy and I know it's not dehydration. But I am not even close on my Protein goals, but i'm not gonna beat myself up over it.

I'm trying to focus on doing small things for myself to keep spirits up (like even painting my nails-small), and also focusing on some new hobbies/projects a little more (like decorating the house and preparing crafts for girl scouts.) I'm done feeling like weight loss and my surgery/health deserves center stage in my attention at all times. While still trying to take care of myself obviously in that arena, its nice to invest in other things too as a mood pick-me-up.

@@boccob81 I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It sounds like all your food choices, even the ones that have you worried, are still way different than the food choices you used to make. And I saw the last round of pics you posted, you're seeing big time results. I hope you can stay positive and present and focus on each moment, for me that's a big struggle but when I do well with that the food things fall into place.

@@4andcounting thanks i am feeling better but using antispasmodic and pain meds intermittently. Good news is being on the Fluid diet again really helps shedding weight like crazy and I know it's not dehydration. But I am not even close on my Protein goals, but i'm not gonna beat myself up over it.

I'm trying to focus on doing small things for myself to keep spirits up (like even painting my nails-small), and also focusing on some new hobbies/projects a little more (like decorating the house and preparing crafts for girl scouts.) I'm done feeling like weight loss and my surgery/health deserves center stage in my attention at all times. While still trying to take care of myself obviously in that arena, its nice to invest in other things too as a mood pick-me-up.

Thank you . They are much different then what I use to eat that's for sure . But I seem to get hungry after I eat to a hour and half .

Hi devint, I hope you are feeling better!! What a stressful situation! At least you got your levels checked and all is good. I really need to find a doc to do a blood panel and test me. :)

Hope everyone else is doing good! I've been stalled a few weeks but it looks like 60lbs is average at this poing +- 10ish. So I'm glad where I'm at.

Everyone want to check in and let us know how you are doing if you still get notifications from this post?

Still get notifications from these posts.

Still moving right along 47 lbs gone!

Just checked latest BP and it was 116/66. May need to back off my last BP med I am on.

Remember it's a life long journey we are on.. With the some ups and downs!

Still getting notifications.

I am 58 lbs down been here for about 6 weeks now.

Does anyone care to list a "typical" food day for you? I am looking for new ideas. Getting tired of the same things all the time.

Also what is everyone doing for exercise these days?

I was doing 800-1000

Calories and stalled. Dietitian told me 1,000-1,200 and broke the stall. Averaging 3 lbs a week. Try upping your calories and see if that helps