Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh.. need a shoulder. Long post

I gotta get this off my chest and this is the only place I think will understand. So about 3 weeks ago I got my first fill. Doc gave me 1cc. I was tight but not too tight doc said "see ya in two months but come back if you think something is up". Ok, So about two weeks into it I notice I can get down about 1.5 to 2 cups of food at a sitting. Humm. I decided to head into the office to get a fill. The doc added .75 cc's on thursday week 2. I lept off the table and headed back to work not stopping drink some Water before leaving. I pick up a cold slimfast on the way back to the office had a sip and it felt it gurgle through. Took another sip and it got stuck. Humm. Ok, give it some time I said, toughed it out for an hour at work pb'ing and sliming the entire time. Apparently, I was so tight I couldn't swallow my own spit. Literally. BUT, I had to go home to meet the moving estimator as I'm going through the nightmare that is selling and purchasing a new home in a different state. The entire time the estimator is there I'm pb'ing and sliming into a cup. I felt so bad for the guy, he was genuinely concerned about me because was I was really writhing in pain but I had to get this estimate done. I called the office and headed back to my doctors for a unfill writhing in pain as I drove the 45 minutes to get there in rush hour traffic. He unfilled me completely and said come back in a week after things settle down. Soo.. I got a week of shore leave with no restriction. Yes. I indulged a little.

Ok, fast forward to this past thursday, I go in for a fill, he adds 1.5 cc's. This time I sit in the office and drink some Water. I can tell almost immediately it's too tight but thankfully I was still there. So he takes out another .5cc's. Now I'm back to where I was. The then asks me how much do I chew my food? I say as much as possible so it's a sorta a chewey slurry before I swallow. He tells me I'm chewing to much which is why I can eat more than a cup.:phanvan :phanvan Huh?

Ok fine. I head out the door. The next morning I try some scrambled eggs. I don't chew as much. Some of it gets stuck. I pb for 3 hours before I say phuck it, leave work and start heading for the emergency room because he is in surgery. I'm writhing around in pain on the baltimore beltway when I cough real real hard from deep within my abdomen, all of the sudden up comes a chunk of egg and all is better. I swallow my spit again. I get to the er, cry on my wifes shoulder who met me there and go back to work without a unfill.

I was able to get through this past weekend. Things definately feel tight, I can only eat about 2-3 bites at a sitting but then 2 hours later and I feel like I can gobble food down without issue. Feel like I'm back to mourning the loss of food again because I had a week of shore leave and I haven't been feeling satisfied.

:faint: is exactly how I feel.

Also, does anyone else notice jaw pain when they pb or grinding of teeth during the day? Is that a ex smoker thing? d@mn I'm tired.

Why in the world did your doctor do a complete unfill. All you needed was a small unfill and you would have been fine. Maybe you could be like me and a few others I know just get small fills at a time.I am right at a year and am right at my goal by just getting little fills at a time. When I first started or a few months down the road I realized I could not handle big fills and had to have small unfills twice. Good luck to you and talk to your doctor, you can have good restriction by working your way up to it.:)

That's so odd that you mention teeth grinding. I've having a horrible time with that. I mean I'm actually grinding my front teeth down. I had no clue anyone else was experiencing it, I just thought I was losing it.

Do you get fills with flouroscopy? If your insurance will cover it, and it's an option, you should request it. The doc can do a much more accurate fill that way.

Does your doctor let you eat right after getting a fill? I ask because I notice you said "the next morning" after your fill you tried scrambled eggs. I know I am on liquids for 24 hours after a fill, then mushies for the next 24 hours, as I believe most bandsters are. Your stomach is irritated after a fill and needs time to recover. Add to that, what you have been through and it almost sounds like you need to go back to liquids for a few days to give your tummy time to heal. Not what you want to hear, I am sure, but just my own personal opinion. Whatever happens, I hope you get to feeling better fast!

One thing I noticed is I always get stuck the first few bites, especially in the morning and early afternoon. So if I eat 2 bites then wait 15 minutes or so I can eat more. I would start chewing really well again. Then I can eat about 1/2 cup and then I am done. In the morning I am very very tight and I can only do liquids, or yorgurt very slowly. I would try taking 2 bites chewed well then get up and do something for 15 minutes (exercise) then go back and try again slowly see if you cant eat more. I bet it will work for ya! Good luck! Jill