Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is my 48th birthday and I'm in the middle of the 2 week pre-op diet. I've been doing pretty good on the diet so far.

My birthday gift to myself will be 100% adherence to the diet today. My surgery is August 4th. Good luck to all my fellow August Sleevers. We got this!

Edited by orlando

Today is my 48th birthday and I'm in the middle of the 2 week pre-op diet. I've been doing pretty good on the diet so far.<br><br> My birthday gift to myself will be 100% adherence to the diet today. My surgery is August 4th. Good luck to all my fellow August Sleevers. We got this!

Happy Birthday!!! What a great gift to give yourself, a new sleeve.

August 1 skylark Coffeebeanz swifty3565

August 2

August 3

August 4 Margaret Sue Boeve SwanRose Orlando NoDramaLlama LisaELasVegas Rhonda Mendola qtpatootie2681 sachsegirl ? Murphy'sMama Ymartell08 Tanglesia

August 5 chevygirrrl phatdad bebop812 Tracis weight loss journey HotMessNurrrrrse

Alex C jenjenriley Photo925 Sweet Pea STL  TWO50

Sleever enlightened1 aidansmom jennyweber MarylandMom bebop812

August 6 JennOnHerWay celisa23 agirlnamedfrankie [the balloon girl] jmariez Mangold33 taylorj7

Hungry Caterpillar LaceGirl BrownEyedGirly

August 7 Miaoreo SleevyD GREATFUL leelee2728 cynk Murphy'sMama Allen_316

August 8 Tilds38

August 9

August 10

August11 krissi11 gettingittogether83 Maggs Bobby46 Dawnyell76 dreamgirl45 ayscott74

KristinJ keish_lorraine barriej9

August 12 alamergrl amorga Missbaisah ? johnsydney Crippen chasingpolaris321 mentalistfan

August 13 HighHeelShoes geelynn

August 14amazon

August 15 jdillon onmyway15 [on her birthday]

August 16

August 17

August 18 Urbanlamb CrystalJae Amarie812 kgunchic CaroJoy

New nana billw0917 lmscls VSGAnn2014 MzGee TatroBenay jamesd22 ChristyD818

August 19 KayKayGirl BGLady Summertime friend Tgrace

August 20 tynoodles11 AngelaMoniq southern_sweetie goodgirl5957

Karen Scott

August 21 Rainbow1958 BarntruckCutie

August 22 cutterrn

August 23

August 24

August 25 mommal mskiesha29 snowkitten Micky71 shellief mhenne97

August 26 5BeautifulDays smallermekerrivsg truthinhiding Sandi in FL

August 27 papoose humpty ade7870

August 28 auntmixie Adrianneval

August 29 Tinita

Edited by Urbanlamb

I am Aug 11th. Today was my first day of the pre-op liquid diet. i am excited and a little nervous. My dr's office is slow so I only have a week before I got back to work. I was hoping for an earlier date. It is just a relief to have a date that is so clase after 6 month of hard work.

Today is my 48th birthday and I'm in the middle of the 2 week pre-op diet. I've been doing pretty good on the diet so far.

My birthday gift to myself will be 100% adherence to the diet today. My surgery is August 4th. Good luck to all my fellow August Sleevers. We got this!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Orlando!!! Very excited for you, what a great gift to give to yourself.

My Surgery is Aug 7th, I turn 51 on Aug 25th. Somewhat like you, but my gift to myself will be to stick to the post opt diet.

Day 5 for me on the pre op..... feel like I have turned a corner.

Take care all,

Laura

Day 5 of the pre op diet and I am starting to feel better .. Yesterday was a little hard I was so tired and emotional but I got a lot of sleep last night and I am feeling better .. Schedule for August 7 and I can't wait !! :)

Hi Everyone !! Getting Sleeved August 4th.

Day 7 of my Pre-op.. Doing Protein Shakes for 2-3 meals.. I have eaten three times this week, but the meals have consisted of Protein, low fat , minimum carbs. ( no funerals :) )

as a snack, I have eaten Non fat cottage cheese with a hand full of blueberries or a non fat greek yogurt if I feel I have to "eat" something.

7 days left.. Loser's Bench... I'm on my way..

Hi Everyone! Just got back from my pre-op. No big deal- Drew blood and did an EKG and sent me in my way. To be honest, when I got my date, I was sooo excited.

Now, after having walked through the hospital, I'm getting nervous. I'm a walking Murphy's Law. In that if anything can go wrong, it will with me or worse, I'll be the lone statistic of this not working.

Don't get me wrong, I'm Not regretting my decision but walking the hospital halls made reality hit me hard and I almost had a second thought of , "is this really necessary?"

But then, as I walked out and caught a glimpse of myself in the window glass, I'm like, "yep- really necessary".

August 12 here

Whew...I suck to my pre-op diet and made it through my birthday without eating cake or drinking alcohol. It was hard. I haven't told anyone besides my wife about my upcoming surgery. So my friends and family put a lot of pressure on me to day. They all meant well.

I made a promise to myself and stuck to it. Good luck to everybody.

Orlando!

That was awesome.

I just heard from Cigna I was denied. As I sit here in tears, I was told last Friday that everything was going thru, that I should start the preop diet. Well here I am on day 2 of this DAMN liquid diet and have been told that the doc needs to resubmit paperwork and have a peer to peer review, why do I even try!!!!

Orlando! Way to go! You should be proud of yourself! I know that had to be hard for you!!

Kristigo I am so sorry this has happened to you. I hope it doesn't take long to get you rescheduled!