Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 20 months out from my surgery. I cannot tolerate the whey Protein so I've been eating a lot of soy Protein, including a 35 gram shake every day plus a soy Protein Bar. For the past year I have been suffering from yeast infections, 3 different kinds and some very painful. I've seen 2 different doctors, had many different kinds of ointments and creams, oral meds, and various other treatments. A friend asked me if I had had these infections before the surgery and that maybe it was what I was eating differently now. That's when I realized my increased intake of soy. When I googled soy, I found several articles which stated that excess soy can weaken the immune system causing yeast infections and a whole lot of other problems.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this type of problem? And if so, what is the solution?

I'm on a cleanout called candistroyer which will be followed by a rebuilder of Probiotics (I'm also taking Probiotics regularly now).

Great post!! 7months po and find that I have been using products for itching and yeast. A friend suggest I take probiotics OTC and eat more yogurt and it's helped. Stay away from sugars and carbs, yeast infection triggers!

I haven't gone to my yearly OBGYN appointment yet, but will inquire if my WLS may be causing these symptoms. I drink the premier Protein ready to drink, so not sure if it's just to much Protein or maybe my body is not producing enough of something. I will let you know what I learn.

I'm somewhat excited to share with my doctor since she doesn't know I had my wls and she's one of the OBGYN lady doctors on the "The Doctor Show" maybe they can discuss this topic in there, since they have been discussing the Sleeve WLS is successful for those who are obese with hbp and diabetes, that would be me, no longer on any meds other than my Endricologist just diagnosed me with hypothyroidism and on Meds for 2 weeks. I did lose 7 lbs since on the hypothyroid meds.

Hello, hope all find you well

Sorry for delayed reply.

How are you doing? Did you get any resolution or suggestion from your dr?

I saw my Obgyn in Jan 2015, I was still experiencing yeast infection/itching like crazy. She explain it was a due to my hormones and body chemistry change with my WLS.

So she recommended to put me on super low dose of birth control to help stabilize my hormones, also strongly suggested to drink or take take Probiotics, which helps with yeast/stomach issues.

Well I went on the low dose birth control although I really didn't want too as I'm 48yrs old and was really concerned about high risk of heart attack, HBP as I used to have to take meds for prior to surgery but stopped the HBP meds since my WLS.

4 to 5 months later the brith control pills really did help stop the yeast and itching situation, however I caused HBP to come back and super high, worse than prior to surgery so my pcp took me off them and prescribed 25mlg once a day for HBP.

Now I'm off the HBP Meds but have found the itching starting to come back. I'm eating lots of probiotic food, yogurt, cottage cheese, otc pills and it helps, but itching is still there

I forgot to mention that I also at beginning of all the yeast infection and itchiness, I was also developing these itchy spots in between private part/leg, buttocks and under beast that itch really bad, I'd scratch Til raw/painful and eventual dry up but come back randomly, my pcp prescribe anti-fungal ointment like which helps a bit and they go away, my Obgyn just said to drink benedryl for itching but it knocks me out.

So 1 1/2 yrs out and itchiness is sill there, not as bad but wish it would completely go away as I never had this issue prior to my WLS. Control it by using ointment or otc yeast creams.

I know this sounds silly but a nurse friend suggested that I go to the Dollar Store and get the athletes foot cream and use it every day as a preventative. I've had yeast infections under my breasts for years, and wow, it really works. Worth a try and you can only lose a dollar if it doesn't work.

Thank you Cat268

I'm going to try it!! Most definitely worth the cost. Also read another post in here there's a monistat itching relieve powder and several ppl have used for yeast under beast or under tummy as our skin loosens up more and more with the weight loss. Willing to try all suggestions, than you for yours. ????