Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for 7/22/14 surgery buddy

Hello! Things are going okay for me. Really looking forward to starting the puree stage on Tuesday. But other than that, can't really complain right now.

Hello my name is Jessica and I had my sleeve surgery on 7/22/14 as we'll! Would luv to chat and see how things r going with u!

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA for the past week and a half. I am doing better with the Protein, I'm getting about 60g and still getting all of my fluids. So far so good! I have lost 14lbs since surgery. I have been walking 30-45 minutes a day at a slow pace, and I have a good amount of energy. I was so worried that I was going to have problems, but I haven't had any. I love my new tiny tummy!!!

Hi everyone! I'm a 7/22 sleeved too!

Loving the stories.... Was worried about stuff but it's all exactly like everyone else!!!

So glad to be here!!

What are all my fellow 7/22 sleeves eating these days?

My Dr. let me start purée a week early. I am able to do 1/4 cup of eggbeaters with some cheese mixed in.

I ate 2tbsp of Smuckers reduced fat natural peanut butter...very good.

I made turkey chili (cooked the ground turkey breast & then zapped it to dust in a blender)...sits well & turned out great. Perfect consistency & make me feel like I'm eating "normal". 1/4-1/2 cup of that.

I also can do 1/4-1/2 cup of retried Beans mixed with cheese & the ground turkey "dust". I also mixed a little taco seasoning with Fage Greek yogurt to dip the beans in. (Hot sauce still isn't sitting well).

Hubby crab cakes. I was nervous about this, but he made with ground up almonds(dust) as the bread crumbs...very little just to hold them together. Once cooked, I was able to mash up real good with a fork & had no problems going down.

Today I will be making the Ricotta Bake from the World According to Eggface blog. If you haven't been on it, do yourself a huge favor & get on her blog now! Every post surgery recipe you can imagine!!! She is 8 years post op. So there is a ton of info!

I also has a large hernia/hole in diaphragm repair. Other than the awful gurgling sound that come from my esophagus up my throat...I feel fantastic. Down 30 lbs. (only 5 lbs away from "Onederland")

I'm so glad to hear everyone is progressing well! I can't imagine doing this without this site. What a wonderful support system!!! Love reading how we are all doing! Keep it up!

Hey yall, how do yall eat/ prepare your re fried Beans?

I have had a really bad burning feeling in my abdominal wall just to the side of my largest cut. I was really worried I had a hernia or something, so I had called the dr. office and was asked to come in. Fortunately, it is just a tear from the internal stitch. Good news it's no problem, and I have been cleared for all activity (yippee, here I come pool!) bad news, it still hurts... Lol!

Hi, everyone. I've totally flaked the past week or so because I'm a little bummed about an apparent second stall. I feel like I'm stalling more than I'm losing. I stopped the purees and went back to liquids and Soups, and I'm doing my walking, but I even gained a pound over the last week. I know this is part of the process, or so I've read, and I know it hasn't even been a month, but it's just a little frustrating not to see better results. But there's only moving forward from here.

Sounds like many of you are doing really well with the diet. How is the exercising going?

@tfowler- hi I'm a 7/22 as well. And I'm experiencing the same-

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I had my sleeve surgery Aug 22nd 2014 and i'm now doing the full liquid diet. I am SO HUNGRY. Can someone tell me what they do to starve off the hunger ? I know i need to get use to this feeling but I can barely keep down Water and Soup, why can't I stop craving the foods I used to have? I'm dying for some chipotle but I know I can't even eat solids right now.

Hope you guys can help, I really want to get through this part!

Hey, Kadirkara! You might try posting to a thread for those who had surgery this month. Most of us in this thread are moving into our second month post-surgery.

In the meantime, how are you doing with your Protein Drinks or powders? The more Protein you can get in, the fuller you'll feel. But really try to drink as much Water as you can, even by flavoring the water with something sugar free. If you get dehydrated, you'll just feel that much more blah. But, unfortunately, most of us still will deal with head hunger or something similar. Oh, did your doctor put you on Pepsid or something similar? That will help control the stomach acid anger, which we can mistake for real hunger.

Yea sorry I'm new to the forum but as far as Protein, I've been trying to have whey protein with some nonfat organic milk. I think my body is maybe in shock? I didn't get any pepto but I don't feel heartburn. I just feel the hunger feeling, like i'm not full. I've been forcing myself to drink Water as my doc said that was crucial at these stages of my surgery.

I'm just frustrated =( and hungry =((

You need Pepcid ac to control the acid. Some of the hunger you feel is acid going bonkers in your stomach. It takes a while to tell the difference between those two feelings.

You might ask your doctor about taking Pepsid. I never had/have heart burn or acid reflux either, but the Pepsid does work to control the acid in the stomach. My doctor actually prescribed Pepsid 20 MG twice daily for six months to help with the acid. The acid will make your stomach grumble and feel like it's hungry when it actually isn't. I read somewhere that our stomachs are pretty much in shock for the six months, and they don't know NOT to produce as much acid as they did before. So, we have stomachs that are half the size as before, but they're still producing the same amount of acid. The Pepsid actually helps control that, and I really can tell a difference. So, bottom line, I'd ask your doctor about his or her opinion on it.

Have you considered SF popsicles or the like to change things up? Or different Protein Shakes? I can't do the same Protein drinks as I did before surgery, so I've tried different ones with a little thinner consistency. Try the Unjury brand. Their stuff is pretty good.

I understand your frustration. It doesn't help to say that everyone is different. At three or four days out, I was hardly eating because I wasn't hungry at all. It's a completely different story now. But keep reaching out to people on here. We may not have the answers, but we're pretty good with support.