Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having my nails dine,,

I wonder if I can have my nails done .. Acrylic and all.. I know i can have my hair done

Do you mean pre surgery? As long as they can see your nail beds, then you should be ok. They use the color of the nail beds to help indicate blood flow has been restricted.

You should be ok with the clear/white french manicure.

<p>You should be ok with the clear/white french manicure.</p>

What about acrylic ??

<p>You should be ok with the clear/white french manicure.</p>

What about acrylic ??

As long as it is the clear acrylic with clear polish, you should be fine. The white tips on a french manicure won't interfere with them seeing the color of your nail beds.

Any colored acrylic will interfere with them seeing the color of your nail beds.

Edited by Writerjennifer

You should be ok with the clear/white french manicure.

What about acrylic ??

As long as it is the clear acrylic with clear polish, you should be fine. The white tips on a french manicure won't interfere with them seeing the color of your nail beds.

Any colored acrylic will interfere with them seeing the color of your nail beds.

Ok thank you. I'll ask my surgeon either way to be sure

I was told no acrylic nails. They hide the true color of the nail bed. I settled for an awesome pedicure and just had the nail tech do a manicure without polish. LOL and several of the nurses complimented me on my choice of color for my pedicure..

Edited by Mayaresearchmom

I was told no acrylic nails. They hide the true color of the nail bed. I settled for an awesome pedicure and just had the nail tech do a manicure without polish. LOL and several of the nurses complimented me on my choice of color for my pedicure..

Lol. Oh dear. My toe nail broke I banged it but I don't know if they can do something because it's like still there it's like cracked lol and I don't wanna take it off because then my toes will look so retarded. Can I put color on my feet ? I'll go for like a marshmallow

Yes, I actually asked specifically about color on toes at my pre-op when they told me no polish. LOL my toes have not been bare in years, and didn't want to start now. Was sooo happy when they told me toes were ok. They give you those hospital sock things anyway when they give you your gown and stuff.

The reason you can't have any acrylic nails is because they put a sensor on your finger that detects the oxygen in your blood. It's called a pulse ox.

The reason you can't have any acrylic nails is because they put a sensor on your finger that detects the oxygen in your blood. It's called a pulse ox.

Ok thank you so much. I'll just wait til after surgery to do my girl duties lol I must always have them done. I took the off a week ago so I can start I guess feeling use to not having them.. But are my toes ok ?

I had RNY 4/8 and had both my toes and nails done before my surgery with approval from my nurse during my pre op physical... I even have acrylic nails and all went fine