Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op day 3-HEADACHE day 3!

I'm starting day 3 of pre-op diet and have had a headache since day 1. I was down to 1 coke zero/day before quitting in day 1? Is this caffeine withdrawal??? I'm drinking lots of Water, 2 Protein Shakes a day, and broth. Sometimes sf Jello or popscicles. Anyone else have this? Tylenol (only thing I can take now) is not helping! Any suggestions???

I didn't have a pre-op diet but after surgery I had terrible headaches, I was told it was a caffeine and sugar withdraw.

Mine went away after about 4 days.

I'm starting day 3 of pre-op diet and have had a headache since day 1. I was down to 1 coke zero/day before quitting in day 1? Is this caffeine withdrawal??? I'm drinking lots of Water, 2 Protein Shakes a day, and broth. Sometimes sf Jello or popscicles. Anyone else have this? Tylenol (only thing I can take now) is not helping! Any suggestions???

Yes it is caffeine withdrawals!! I had a Migraine the first 3 days. Day 4 I felt so much better and no headache. I am 6 weeks post ops and still have not had caffeine. Doing great!

Yes it is caffeine and sugar withdrawal. I felt much better on day 5 of my preop diet. Tylenol/Advil do not help my headache either.

I am on day 10 of my pre-op liquid diet. Day 3 was the absolute worst for me. I felt terrible. I had a headache, felt weak, cranky, and just wanted to sleep. I woke up on day 4 and felt SO much better! It will get better and you CAN do this! Hang in there!

I'm starting day 3 of pre-op diet and have had a headache since day 1. I was down to 1 coke zero/day before quitting in day 1? Is this caffeine withdrawal??? I'm drinking lots of Water, 2 Protein shakes a day, and broth. Sometimes sf Jello or popscicles. Anyone else have this? Tylenol (only thing I can take now) is not helping! Any suggestions???

Yes it is caffeine withdrawals!! I had a Migraine the first 3 days. Day 4 I felt so much better and no headache. I am 6 weeks post ops and still have not had caffeine. Doing great!

I weened myself off caffeine a month ago to prepare. I drank tons of Water, this really helps. I haven't had caffeine since then and I'm sleeping like a rock! ;)

I am on day 10 of my pre-op liquid diet. Day 3 was the absolute worst for me. I felt terrible. I had a headache, felt weak, cranky, and just wanted to sleep. I woke up on day 4 and felt SO much better! It will get better and you CAN do this! Hang in there!

Day 3 for me on my preop diet was bad too. Then suddenly I woke up with a spring in my step. I think it may be the body detoxing all the bad stuff out!

It can't pass fast enough! This is miserable! I guess it's detox from the sugar and caffeine. Hopefully it will pass soon!

I'm still drinking iced tea with caffeine. Are we not supposed to have caffeine at all?

I'm still drinking iced tea with caffeine. Are we not supposed to have caffeine at all?

Not suppose to cause after surgery you aren't allowed. They don't want you dealing with withdrawals after surgery. It will be hard enough to get liquids in and caffeine dehydrates.

Edited by tebowfan

Thank you for the info!

My diet said limit caffeine and the Nut said preferably eliminate it. It has been rough! It really shows me the effect it has on my body.

My diet said limit caffeine and the Nut said preferably eliminate it. It has been rough! It really shows me the effect it has on my body.

Tomorrow will be better!

The headache is gone! I woke up today feeling like a new person!! I felt so good I decided to do a big dinner for hubby....pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, Mac n cheese.....I did not take a bite...not even one...but OMG the pork loin smelled like heaven!! Surgery is Tuesday...I can do this!!