Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Birthday Celebration at My House

Yesterday, we had our typical birthday celebrations when someone in our family birthday comes around. But yesterday was different - normally the celebrations are held at my mom's and dad's house and leftovers are there. But this time it was held at my house with me cooking all of the things I can not eat. (See, I live alone and I have the luxury of dictating what comes in my house.) Yesterday, the birthday girl wanted me to cook my famous BBQ party wings so I cooked them but I made myself some fish. The problem came in when it was time for everyone to leave.... I looked around their were sodas, ice cream, cake, those famous BBQ wings and host of other things brought by other members of my family. So what did I do... I trashed it all for the trash man today. I haven't tried sweets since my surgery and I don't plan too. I am giving myself the absolute best fighting chance at this thing here called my "sleeve". I just don't want those temptations in my presence. Especially since I am not losing pounds currently but a lot of inches. Sometimes, I don't feel like my family and friends get it.

Good for you. I am so proud of my fellow sleever who could get her sleeve and never look back. Congratulations.

Great job! Any temptation removed from the house is a benefit. Keep up the good work!

It's a shame to waste all that food...but you did the right thing for you...

I plan in advance for that...I have large baggies and cheap plastic containers...as I clean up, I make goodie bags for everyone to take leftovers (especially the stuff I can't have) ... so they get to go home with something ... it worked great for Thanksgiving for me...almost everyone wants a turkey sandwich leftover ;) ...

Good luck to you

That is a HUGE accomplishment. I'm very proud that u had the guts to trash it!!

Next time make them leave with whatever they brought with them!

Another solution would be to donate it to a shelter or the McDonald House, if there is one in your vicinity.

All,

I was telling everyone to take a plate but everyone was like no... I can't eat Pasta everyday, no I don't want any cake and Ice cream, no.... no.... no....

So, I told myself no. Donation is an option but I didn't want it in my house that long. Sweets are my crack and its like putting a recovering crack-head in a crack-house and telling him he must live there for 30 days. I can almost guarantee he is coming back out an addicted. I just didn't want to chance it. And that's one of the reasons I don't think my family and friends understand because they are like you can't have sweets in your house. My response is no... I have only been on this road to recovery from my addiction for 2 months and I don't want to backslide to only have to recover again. Maybe sometime down the line I will be able to have the goodies in my house for others but right now... it's not best for me.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Ria1202

Good for you! My family and friends react th same way. I constantly say ... No i cant go with you to the pizza place, Long John Silvers etc. their answer ... You eat so little what does it matter? Augh.

I am like you, it cannot be in my house!

All,

I was telling everyone to take a plate but everyone was like no... I can't eat Pasta everyday, no I don't want any cake and Ice cream, no.... no.... no....

So, I told myself no. Donation is an option but I didn't want it in my house that long. Sweets are my crack and its like putting a recovering crack-head in a house crack-house and tell him he must live there for 30 days. I can almost guarantee he is coming back out on crack addicted. I just didn't want to chance it. And that's one of the reasons I don't think my family and friends understand because they are like you can't have sweets in your house. My response is no... I have only been on this road to recovery from my addiction for 2 months and I don't want to backslide to only have to recover again. Maybe sometime down the line I will be able to have the goodies in my house for others but right now... it's not best for me.

Thanks everyone!

I understand COMPLETELY! I luuuv sweets too!