Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery 4/25 and now that I am able to have solid foods I am scared to eat. My meals yesterday 1/2 piece of ham and a slice of cheese. A small g2 Gatorade to drink. Supper 1/2 grilled pork chop and a Gatorade. Today two bites pork roast nothing else. I am scared of gaining back what I lost so far. This is the point that I stop losing and start gaining it back on a normal diet. I can not fail at this. I have to many haters seriously watching me waiting for me to fail.

Dont be afraid to eat, just make sure you are eating healthy. Stay away from hig cal drinks and carbs and stop eating when your satified. You'll be fine.

Are you allowed to drink your Gatorade with your meals? I am not supposed to drink 30 min before and after.

Are you allowed to drink your Gatorade with your meals? I am not supposed to drink 30 min before and after.

No I don't get to drink with meals. I have the same as you thirty minutes before or after a meal.

I'm sorry you have haters watching you. That is not ideal.

Do you have any supporters in your life who want you to succeed?

If not, do you think you could find some?

I'm sorry you have haters watching you. That is not ideal. Do you have any supporters in your life who want you to succeed? If not, do you think you could find some?

Yes ma'am i do my husband,son and daughter in law. I just have more haters. The first question I get is how much you lose so far. This every time they see me. I don't like to weigh because I get discouraged easy. The people are waiting for me to stop losing so they can say told you so.

Well, that's great -- your closest loved ones are in your corner. Congratulations!

Here are some options for you to consider. (Perhaps others can come up with other answers that are even better.)

1. I don't know. I haven't weighed in the last month.

2. My weight is between me and my doctor. Nobody else.

3. I've told my doctor about all the questions I'm getting, and my doctor says I shouldn't discuss my weight with anyone but him. I'm following her/his instructions.

4. I'm not comfortable discussing this with you. So please don't bring it up again.

5. Right now I'm focusing on my new behaviors, not the scale.

6. F**k off. (Well, you can't say that. Unless you can say that. :) )

Very best wishes to you, @Bigmommatojacob. (((hugs)))

Had surgery 4/25 and now that I am able to have solid foods I am scared to eat. My meals yesterday 1/2 piece of ham and a slice of cheese. A small g2 Gatorade to drink. Supper 1/2 grilled pork chop and a Gatorade. Today two bites pork roast nothing else. I am scared of gaining back what I lost so far. This is the point that I stop losing and start gaining it back on a normal diet. I can not fail at this. I have to many haters seriously watching me waiting for me to fail.

Are you sure you are able to eat pork at this stage? I would kill for some ham but I was told to wait 3 to 4 months.

I think surgeon's differ on many instructions. I was not told to wait that long for pork at all. I was not told 80% of the stuff I read on here. I listen to my doc; it's working so far.

On being afraid to eat, I totally get it. It's not even about haters for me as it is about failure. We went through a lot to get here. I had a guilty day yesterday, but when I did the math, I was fine. It's the knowledge that this is it in terms of outside aid that gets me. But we'll get there! Without starvation! :)

Thank you VSGANN for that. You sound like my daughter in law. I have a great support system always encouraging me. Also to the person about the pork I have no idea. I just know Protein first. I am in search of a new nut. My old one hung up on me after I told I could not come this month we had to reschedule. She was having a bad day. Lol

I am in search of a new nut. My old one hung up on me after I told I could not come this month we had to reschedule. She was having a bad day. Lol

Uh, yes. You do need a new nut. She sounds like a nut. :)

I am off all restrictions and I was sleeved 4/23. The only things my doc said to avoid are calorie drinks... Carbonated drinks... Eat three meals a day with one afternoon snack... Protein first then veggies.. Carbs if room but hardly ever is. I measure everything!! I have 4oz cups I use so I do t over eat because I tend to eat quickly. It works! No drinking 30 min before or after meals.. I questioned myself too as to calorie intake as I had downloaded my fitness pal to keep me on track and people were telling me 600 to 800 calories wasn't enough but I asked around people on here and majority was the same so ... Can't wait for my three month follow up in July! So many question for my doc but I think we will all do ok if we follow doctors orders!! I did have a small sliver if carvel ice cream cake for my hubby's birthday! Haha oh well... Still human!

It sounds like you are eating Bigmomma. I am 7 months out and have not tried a pork chop. I did not try salad until 3 months out, I was afraid to try, but once I did I am eating salad every day. You might want to try less dense food, such as refried Beans, cottage cheese, yogurt (I added Protein powder), ground turkey, turkey meatballs, and things that are softer. Good luck!

Well, that's great -- your closest loved ones are in your corner. Congratulations! Here are some options for you to consider. (Perhaps others can come up with other answers that are even better.) 1. I don't know. I haven't weighed in the last month. 2. My weight is between me and my doctor. Nobody else. 3. I've told my doctor about all the questions I'm getting, and my doctor says I shouldn't discuss my weight with anyone but him. I'm following her/his instructions. 4. I'm not comfortable discussing this with you. So please don't bring it up again. 5. Right now I'm focusing on my new behaviors, not the scale. 6. F**k off. (Well, you can't say that. Unless you can say that. :) ) Very best wishes to you, @Bigmommatojacob. (((hugs)))

@@VSGAnn2014

Haaaaaaaa u killed it!!!

I am soooooo liking the response.

I Always answer to #1

I Really want to do #6