Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4pm nibbles ideas?

Hi guys...

I am struggling here...I can pretty much go a whole day without eating in between meals...but as soon as 4pm hits I get sooooo hungry. I end up eating biscuits and not just 1...GRRR or a sandwich. What I am wondering is what are some good nibbles ideas that I can have... that are yummy but dont have too much calories/carbohydrates to get me through till dinner at 6pm. What does everyone else eat?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:confused: Becky :help:

When I get the munchies I eat soy chips... a few does the trick...crunchy, and 7 gm of protien for the serving...

another good thing is 2 reduced fat ritz crackers and 2 tbsp of cottage cheese or the lughing cow light cheese

pretzels are a yummy choice as are quaker rice Snacks, they are app 70cal per serving and very filling and astonishingly good. For lower carb options, a low fat string cheese, a small salad, almonds, Peanut Butter. It is normal for banded folks to have 3 meals +1 planned snack. Most people like that snack in the afternoon between lunch and dinner because there is so much time in between those two meals. If you have the snack it will help with your portions at dinner and also help keep you from eating too fast at dinner :rolleyes:

Well, the way my job is.... my lunch is at 4:00pm and supper is at 11:00pm. Weird, I know.

I've been doing what Dr. Oz says..... I'm eating 12 unroasted Almonds. It works! I also snack on grapes when I'm feeling that "sweet" craving coming on. It seems to appease that sugar demand in me. Just don't forget..... "UNROASTED" nuts.... never eat roasted ones as the Omega fat is changed in the nut once it's roasted; therefore, it loses all the goodness.

I'm not banded as yet, but I've been working toward that day. My first appointment with the band doctor is the 24th! Yeah!!!!!!

3 little pieces of melba toast with either laughing cow cheese or "natural fruit" jam spread on...depending on whether I'm wanting sweet or salty.

The melba toat I buy is "twice toasted" so it is incredibly crunchy and while I have a pretty tight band and can't eat normal breads, melba toast goes down as long as I take small bites and chew a lot.