Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VSG weight loss expectations

Like most of here I've been on the weight loss roller coaster for over 20 years. I had my VSG on June 10, with pre op and post I'm down about 15 pounds from 230 to 215.

As I was trying unsuccessfully to go to sleep tonight I was thinking about September, when most of the "school drop off" friends will see me again. What weight goal is reasonable? This is all so new to me I have no idea what to expect. I see crazy numbers in the site like 80 pounds in 7 months.

I was thinking 190 by Septemebr 10, that would be minus 25 in 3 months. Too high? too low?? Just right. Help veterans?

A little on me that might help with a number. I'm well aware the VSG is 1 of many tools in my box. I typically eat clean and have no issues with smart carbs or no carb meals. I also know the importance of exercise and will be going full swing once I'm healed.

My doctor said that 2-3 lbs a week great progress with the Sleeve. I personally have been losing about 18 lbs a month since surgery 3/12/14 but everyone is different. You could be down another 36lbs by September.

i have been told as a generalization, 20 lbs the first month then around 10 lbs a month thereafter, not accounting for stalls.

i'm still pre-op, I go in 9 days, but I have several friends & coworkers who had it and that holds true for them.

I think I lost 22 lbs my first week. 40lbs by 8 weeks. 112 lbs by a year. Obviously you lose more slowly as you have less to lose. After the first month, 1-2 lbs per week was normal until about 7 months out. Then the weight loss slowed. Now I'm losing about 1 pound per month- ish.

25 is more than reasonable in that time frame... I personally like to have smaller expectations-- less likely to be disappointed. More likely to be astounded.

Like most of here I've been on the weight loss roller coaster for over 20 years. I had my VSG on June 10, with pre op and post I'm down about 15 pounds from 230 to 215. As I was trying unsuccessfully to go to sleep tonight I was thinking about September, when most of the "school drop off" friends will see me again. What weight goal is reasonable? This is all so new to me I have no idea what to expect. I see crazy numbers in the site like 80 pounds in 7 months. I was thinking 190 by Septemebr 10, that would be minus 25 in 3 months. Too high? too low?? Just right. Help veterans? A little on me that might help with a number. I'm well aware the VSG is 1 of many tools in my box. I typically eat clean and have no issues with smart carbs or no carb meals. I also know the importance of exercise and will be going full swing once I'm healed.

We're pretty close weight wise, I was 226 preop surgery date 217 which was June 9 and now 211. So 15 pounds down. I think in our weight range 25- 30 pounds is likely in 3 months maybe more we are already down 15! But we're all different! Good luck!

I'm one week ahead of you and have been thinking the same thing. Summers are brutal here so I probably won't see the neighbors again until the end of August at the school bus stop. I am hoping to have lost a lot by then.

What weight goal is reasonable?

@@MommaCEO

"they" say that losing about 10 lbs in a month is good/realistic/doable :)

you commented "that 80 lbs, in 7 months" - but that # is not crazy

frequent comment on the board...........

the only thing we all have in common, is that we're all different!!!! :huh:

"never compare your weight loss, time it took you to lose, to anyone!!!" :)

don't worry/concern yourself with the other guy!!!

you just had surgery June10th???

since you didn't mention otherwise, you sound like you are doing well :)

pre-op, post op down 15 lbs!!!! cool!!!!!

take care

keep up the good job (i know you will :) )

good luck

kathy

Good luck to you. I agree that you sound like you're off to a roaring start.

It must be so exciting being at this point. I have another couple of months until surgery. I'm so looking forward to all of this.