Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, Surgery was 5/09. I'm experiencing discomfort almost leading to sharp pain in my stomach area, mostly in the mid left section, very close to the incision where the part of the stomach was removed from. Pain usually occurs when I twist and turn while laying down. Is this common. For my 3 weeks post op visit, my doctor said its common but now its becoming more uncomfortable especially while I lay on my side. Anyone having similar symptoms?

I had surgery on 5/13 and am experiencing the same pain you are. I have an appt with my surgeon on 6/12, so I'm going to ask him about it then. I'm hoping it's just my abdomen still trying to heal!

Interesting, my extra parts were removed on the right side. At week 2 post op that incision does cause discomfort when I bend lift ect... Yesterday I started having a bit of pain in the area you referred to. MId left. The feeling was simular to the side aches one might get exercising.

I THINK its normal...lol but im not a dr

I was band to sleeve on 4/9 and my stomach was removed on the right side and my band was removed on the left...everyday for 2-3 weeks I woke up sore on my right side, i couldnt really sleep on my right side and if I twist/turned my right side would hurt a lil...i had no pain or soreness at all on my left side where my band and port was removed which was weird because that is where everyone said i would experience pain/soreness!

Get well soon

I had surgery on 5/13 and am experiencing the same pain you are. I have an appt with my surgeon on 6/12, so I'm going to ask him about it then. I'm hoping it's just my abdomen still trying to heal!

I'm hoping thats the case too, my abdomen just trying to heal, I also think the reason I feel it as much now is because most of the inflammation post op is gone, therefore our abs are more sensitive to pain. Hopefully the discomfort goes away soon!!!

<p>Interesting, my extra parts were removed on the right side. At week 2 post op that incision does cause discomfort when I bend lift ect... Yesterday I started having a bit of pain in the area you referred to. MId left. The feeling was simular to the side aches one might get exercising.</p>

Yes thats the exact pain I'm referring too, just a bit more intense than what one would get after exercising.

I THINK its normal...lol but im not a dr<br> I was band to sleeve on 4/9 and my stomach was removed on the right side and my band was removed on the left...everyday for 2-3 weeks I woke up sore on my right side, i couldnt really sleep on my right side and if I twist/turned my right side would hurt a lil...i had no pain or soreness at all on my left side where my band and port was removed which was weird because that is where everyone said i would experience pain/soreness!<br> Get well soon

Thanks. I've had a very good experience overall. My Doctor says after 6 weeks I can start regular exercises (sit ups and lift weights etc), I'm hopeful that the discomfort goes away before my 6th week.

I had bad pain in the center of my chest a week out (now 10 weeks) and was scared cause I started googling leaks, it was a Sunday, but I made an emergency call to my surgeon, he said it was normal, had the pain for about another week after, and it finally went away. Good luck!

<p>I had bad pain in the center of my chest a week out (now 10 weeks) and was scared cause I started googling leaks, it was a Sunday, but I made an emergency call to my surgeon, he said it was normal, had the pain for about another week after, and it finally went away. Good luck!</p>

I also experience chest pain especially the first weeks after surgery, due to all the gases in the body.