Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any New Yorkers? Long Island!

Hey Georgia.. Yes 4 very Small incisions & 1 is less than 2 inches..i am feeling really good.. And yes the staff at mercy was fricken amazing.. The bariatric wing holds about 7 beds.. We all had private rooms..they were so incredibly great..just be prepared.. They DO WAKE YOU UP EVERY TWO HOURS to walk around the hallways/ wing in order to promote circulation.. Geez all i wanted was a full nights sleep! I am doing my best to sip sip sip.. I ended up pureeing some non fate cottage cheese with a bit of unsweetened applesauce, & put in some unflavored Unjury Protein. Stayed down nicely ( ok ..i used an espresso spoon to eat it & got about 7 bites). I really am amazed that monday is a week already..getting all my Vitamins on a schedule throughout the day is proving to be a task.. But i'll get there. Believe me 6 months will go by VERY FAST. :)

Hey Georgia.. Yes 4 very Small incisions & 1 is less than 2 inches..i am feeling really good.. And yes the staff at mercy was fricken amazing.. The bariatric wing holds about 7 beds.. We all had private rooms..they were so incredibly great..just be prepared.. They DO WAKE YOU UP EVERY TWO HOURS to walk around the hallways/ wing in order to promote circulation.. Geez all i wanted was a full nights sleep! I am doing my best to sip sip sip.. I ended up pureeing some non fate cottage cheese with a bit of unsweetened applesauce, & put in some unflavored unjury Protein. Stayed down nicely ( ok ..i used an espresso spoon to eat it & got about 7 bites). I really am amazed that monday is a week already..getting all my Vitamins on a schedule throughout the day is proving to be a task.. But i'll get there. Believe me 6 months will go by VERY FAST. :)

Hi!

I am SO GLAD you are doing so well!! Way to Go!! I am still on the fence.....it's not being able to take anti-inflammatories that's keeping me back.

Hey Everyone, so I am 16 days Post Op.. still struggling with anything other than full / Clear liquids...Saw the doc last Weds.. he said everything looks good, took all my vitals .. blah blah blah.. i explained to him that I was having the "Productive Burp" syndrome ( which means I regurgitate foam ) after I ate maybe too much pureed cottage cheese(?).. anyway - he said do another week of clear liquids.. & slowly try again on the pureed stuff...

so I tried a Protein shake ( powdered cause I can make them as thin as I like ) and i cannot get all the liquid down in order to get my 30 gr of protein.. & sure enough.. a little while later .. the dreaded PB.

BUT.. as I sit here & write this.. about an hour ago I took half of a Dannon Light & Fit greek yogurt cup.. mixed it with some low fat milk to make it soupy...and so far so good ( keeping my fingers crossed ) I know I have lost more weight this week, but i don;t want to be obsessed with the scale- so I only weigh myself on Thursday...

This is just a small bump in the road.. otherwise I feel great.. I do not regret this decision for a moment.

Hoping everyone else is doing good.

Hi - just checking in.. I am 4 weeks Post OP.. sadly.. I am still having the Burp / Foam issue... spoke to doc last week & he called in Prescription for Reglan,( 5mg @ 4 x's per day ) which is supposed to help with "gastroparalisis" or something like that.. basically to WAKE UP the muscles in my esophagus to push the food down. well at day 4 .. not much improvement, which means I will most likely go for an endoscopy this week so doc can perhaps dilate my esophagus to make the opening into my pouch a bit bigger.. blah blah blah...

Other than that I am STILL happy with my decision & do not regret it at all !!

Hope everyone else is doing well !! :D

I'm from Long Island also! I have the band which was placed in 2009 and I absolutely hate it. I'm having it taking out and having the sleeve done on aug 6th. I can't wait!

Hi everyone. I am scheduled for surgery September 11th and am very excited. I'm having my band removed and getting the sleeve. Anyone out there that did what I'm doing?

Hi, I am looking into the sleve procedure. Would be my first, hopefully, only surgery. Was going to have the bypass but didn't feel right going through with it. Am liking what I am hearing about this procedure. From Shoreham but will use Geis's group in Syosset. Work in Plainview NSLIJ hospital. Will be making apt. with Dr you used soon.

As for my doctor, I went to the LIJ Bariatric Center in Syosset and my surgeon is Dr. Heather McMullen. Very nice, caring and available to talk when things come up. I'd highly recommend her. She's part of Dr. Geiss' team but she's the only one in the practice who performs the sleeve.

I'm from selden, ny. I was just sleeved yesterday by dr ahmad & argwala. I'm feeling pretty good besides the gas pains! I just started drinking liquids so I'm hoping to be discharged later! I can't wait to see the weight start coming off!

HI there,

I am also from Selden and am going through Dr. Ahmad. If you don't mind, how much can you eat a year out with the work he did? I wanted gastric bypass, but he has recommended the sleeve because of other complications so I am hoping he makes a tight sleeve if I have to go this route.

NYC here. Sleeved on 5/29/15. Best decision I made.