Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Australian Bandsters Chat Thread

Hey Tj, Would love to catch up for a coffee with your good self or anybody else that would like to. Unfortunately I am working tomorrow. Promise we will soon.

I had another fill yesterday of .5 mls. I only have 2.5mls in my band. They are very happy with my ongoing weight loss. I would rather have less fill and be a little strict with myself, than be too tight and risk pain and vomitting etc.

Hope everybody else is doing well, both post ops and pre ops.

Yay.:)

Susannah

I'm Veronica from Sydney. Will be banded on 28th May or 6th June (depending on how quickly my super fund will deposit the money, I'm APRA approved). I hope it's sooner rather than later as I'm on the Optifast stage and am finding it extremely difficult.

Hi Everyone...

Welcome Veronica. Happy youve joined the group.

Susannah.... you legend!!! Look at that weight loss. You should be so proud of yourself. It seems like yesterday that we were both counting down the days to get banded and here we are....

Hi All, Hi Veronica, Nice name, that is my mother's name also. The Optifast diet leading up to banding can be hard. I was lucky because I was banded in summer, so drinking the shakes in warmer weather was easier etc as I was not craving winter type foods. Not long for you now anyway so just hang in there.

Hi Bronnie. It is great to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words. You are also doing very well with your 13 kg loss. Yay!:biggrin1:

I hope I haven't forgotten anybody here. I haven't posted here for a while, so sorry.

Not long now and I will be under the 100kg mark. That is my first major goal.

Susannah

Hi All

I am in New Zealand and you Aussie girls are the closest for me, I am in the process of arranging the surgery. Your stories certainly are a motivating factor for me. I need to loose half my body weight and now I know I can do it you are so inspirational. the pictures are great.

Thanks

Ange

:) Hi everyone,:)

It's been awhile since I logged in and I've missed the inspirational tours I was taking daily so much. Life has been hectic for awhile but now it's settled down I'm back. Only problem I have is they seem to have changed the layout of this site and I can't find all those fab pics :cry

I was banded on March 21st and had my first fill on 26th April. I went from *man this is relatively easy* to *holy moly I know I'm banded now* but I'm really doing well almost 4 weeks on. My first fill was 2mls and I couldn't believe how much it's changed my way of thinking of food. I've managed to keep those *omg* episodes down to 4 which I'm happy about. I've just decided that if I take nibbles like a mouse it won't feel like i've swallowed a mouse later LOL

I have to go back to the doctor next week and am looking forward to jumping on those scales. Has anyone else had the experience where it seems to get easier about 3 weeks after a fill? I'm also pounding the pavement and drinking enough Water to drown a whale...I just love the fact I'm not hungry 24/7 which is just not something I've been used to in such a long time. I love it and GOD BLESS MY BAND!!! :clap2: Take care all and hope to get to know you all soon.

:( Lisa

Thanks for the welcome. Can't wait to get to know you all via this thread. Ange123, I need to lose half my body weight too. It's a big daunting isn't? Honestly, I'd be overwhelmingly happy losing a quarter of it at this stage. However, I'm after a good start having lost 5 kilos in 13 days of the pre-op diet. I was kind of hoping for more but then I realised it was a great result. Another two weeks to go!

Great to hear about your first fill Lisa. I'm hoping mine will work like that. I've been exercising too but mainly on the weekend (did 2 hrs/bushwalking on both Sat and Sun).

I'd like to make a suggestion, maybe we should call this the Antipodean thread next time around? There might not be enough Kiwis to sustain a separate thread.

Hi every1 im a newbie:) Im so new infact that tonight im going for the info session. ive been reading alot of the posts on here and you guys are fantastic it has taken me weeks to find a forum on the net where their is aussie bandsters..

I have recently in the past 2 months been looking at the surgery my doctor thinks it will solve most of my medical problems... id love to hear from any of you with advice as i wont be having surgery untill april next year when my insurance ticks over the 12 month period as i could never pay the full amount upfront.

You are all doing so well keep up the effort you really do give girls like me something to aim for :biggrin1:

Hi Mellyphat,

Welcome!!! I'm a relatively newbie myself, only being banded on the 21 March this year. I had a lot of self doubts and right up until they put me to sleep I still wasn't sure I would go through with it (as I'm a sook really). The moment I woke up I thought *OMG this is the first day of my new life and the new me*. From that moment on I have made the decision to do whatever it takes to make this succeed. I was told late last year that I had P.O.S and underactive thyroid. No wonder I had struggled for so many years with health issues and unable to lose weight. The doctor also told me this would help alot of my health issue's and lets face it, LOOKING BETTER IS AN ADDED BONUS!!!

I'm sure after your info session you will have zillions of questions, concerns and mixed feelings. I'm hoping you will come away feeling very excited, please make sure you ask on here for any help or just input from someone else (this sometimes can help you sort out your thoughts). Once again welcome and good luck.

Cheers

Lisa

Hi All,

I had my second fill last week and I cannot keep a thing down, Tonight for example I hand 2teasponns on baked Beans within 10mins and I was in pain and vomiting, contant reflux, I can't eat a thing and drinking is getting hard, worse at night than during the day. It constantly feels like something is stuck unless I vomit it up. Really worried calling my doc tomorrow. Anyone else experienced this?????

hi All,

Thanks insubordination, and well done to you. I think any loss is a good loss as far as I am concerned. My Surgery is booked for June 29th, I am looking forward to it but I am a little scared at the same time. I see my surgeon this week for all the booking procedure so it really is happening. I guess I am very lucky I have a supportive husband through all of this,

Have any of you told many people about this operation? or have you kept it quiet? I really am not sure if I should tell people fro fear of people judging me?

well better go now and get the children ready for school, talk to you all later.

Kiwi counting down to surgery.

Hi All,

I had my second fill last week and I cannot keep a thing down, Tonight for example I hand 2teasponns on baked Beans within 10mins and I was in pain and vomiting, contant reflux, I can't eat a thing and drinking is getting hard, worse at night than during the day. It constantly feels like something is stuck unless I vomit it up. Really worried calling my doc tomorrow. Anyone else experienced this?????

Hi Dionnem,

I'm due for my second fill early next week so I'm praying this doesn't happen to me. I think calling your doctor is a great idea, I do know that after the doc put my first fill of 2mm in, I was only able to have a teaspoon of Soup at a time. But I was able to drink Water as much as I liked. After 3 weeks this did settle down a lot and now I can eat about half a cup full of food at a time (over 20mins or so) without pain. I'm really hoping this next fill doesn't do to me what your's is doing as I'm 3 hours away from my doc. Good luck and please let me know how you get on. Take care. Lisa

hi All,

Thanks insubordination, and well done to you. I think any loss is a good loss as far as I am concerned. My Surgery is booked for June 29th, I am looking forward to it but I am a little scared at the same time. I see my surgeon this week for all the booking procedure so it really is happening. I guess I am very lucky I have a supportive husband through all of this,

Have any of you told many people about this operation? or have you kept it quiet? I really am not sure if I should tell people fro fear of people judging me?

well better go now and get the children ready for school, talk to you all later.

Kiwi counting down to surgery.

HI there and welcome. Pleased to hear things are going well for you and you will banded soon. It's a wonderful thing to be doing for your health and life.

When I first decided this was something I was considering seriously, I only discussed it with my husband ( very supportive and loving man, skinny lil thing he is lol ) and my sister and mother. I really wasn't sure I was going to go through with it so didn't tell many for that reason. Then afterwards I have decided that this ISN"T the QUICK and EASY way out like I'm sure some people think but one of the hardest lifechanging experiences of my life and I'm proud of the fact I've done it and made that huge decision for ME. I don't spruke it all over town but if someone honestly asks how i'm losing weight I tell them. If they don't understand or judge me...walk a mile in my shoes then lets talk again!!!

Do this for YOU not for what people expect or think. Take care. Good luck and keep smiling.

Lisa

post_old.gif Yesterday, 09:59 PM #119 (permalink) dionnem vbmenu_register("postmenu_476152", true);

On the way to a new me!!!

Hi All,

happy.gif Dionne

Hi

Yes this has happened to me I had a fill at 11.30am and by about 2pm I couldn't even swallow my saliva, it was terrible I met my Doc at 7pm to get an unfill and it was instant relief. sounds like you need an unfill too ring your Doc and let us know how you go.

Magii