Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am def going through some buyers remorse. They did my sleeve and fixed a hernia while I was in. I don't know if that means the insurance will cover some of the surgery now (I was self pay) so any thoughts or advice on that is appreciated!!

Once they rolled me out of surfer I pretty much don't remember anything from the first 6-7 hours post op. Hubby says I was talking but would fall asleep mid sentence. They then take your bed away and make you lay in this surprisingly comfortable recliner. I was up pretty much every hour to walk because it was the only thing that relieved the gas pain and nausea. Everytime I thought I was going to vomit, I really just needed to burp. My advice to those about to do this surgery- when in doubt, walk it out!!

Each time I would walk the pain got better, I got stronger the nausea went away. Granted, it always came back an hour or two later but then I would walk again. The morning after they take you down to radiology where you do a barium swallow- which again made me try to vomit but I only needed to really burp. They also have you do breathing games after each walk. For some reason or another these really tire you out but they do help you cough up flem so they are important. They send you home with the breathing game as well.

Before I left I chose to take a shower which was heavenly! The nurses helped me quite a bit which I thought would be awkward but it wasn't. After the shower my doc came in and went over post op meds to be filled and his expectations at home. All of my pills have to be crushed and my pain meds are all liquid so that's nice. The only meds he has me on is ondancetron (pill I am crushing for nausea), hydrocodone/Tylenol (for pain but comes liquid) and sucralfate( comes as a liquid but haven't taken it yet).

My first attempt at pain meds at home made me vomit. My sleeve really let me know it got too full by making me immediately hyper salivate and retch a wee bit. Not so fun!! So anyways here is a summary of my tips for those about to go in:

1) walk walk walk walk. If you hurt in any way try walking first and then ask for meds after. It really does help

2) bring your own pillow!

3) don't be shy- the nurses will gladly help if you ask. Literally for anything. Also- when I got there I told my anesthesiologist I was really nervous (I cried) so he was super nice and gave me some good meds before surgery to calm my nerves.

4) ice chips are your friend, they help with the dry mouth.

5) tell your doc if you need meds for nausea! Originally he wasn't going to send me home with any but when I ask he happily gave them to me.

5) drink slow, really really slow.

6) bring slip on shoes

Well that's all I can think of for now. I'm on some pretty great pain meds so sorry if some of it doesn't make sense or I repeated myself! Feel free to private message me if you have anymore questions!!!

For everyone that has had their surgery any suggestions or tips for us to come still on getting through the liquids after surgery? Just thinking it may help us get thru the rough days.

Dont worry, you will find it hard getting anything in. Its my 3 rd day now and literally i had less than 2oz of liquids in

I am gassy so im in pain, but most people dont feel that pain, but you will feel full anyways...

Hello post-op sleevers, I am 9 days post-op, I went to my last post-op appointment. I weighed 239 going into surgery, my surgeon gave me a lot of IV fluids. My weight was 244 24h after surgery, I am at 234 now. I've lost all the Water weight and now the scale is pretty steady with moving down. I was at a stand still for about 3 days before my 1 wk post-op appt. My doctor told me to drink more water. It has made such a difference.

I am going to start walking every evening after work 1-2 miles. I feel motivated. I am getting about 60 gm Protein a day. My doctor told me to get to 80/day, but it's hard. I am loving cottage cheese.. I don't get hungry, but cravings are strong. I have mouth thrush and a yeast infection from the ABX I received.

I noticed I am a bit more emotional, than before surgery. Things that irritate me a little really piss me off now. Has anyone been emotional or a little moody since surgery?

Dont worry, you will find it hard getting anything in. Its my 3 rd day now and literally i had less than 2oz of liquids in I am gassy so im in pain, but most people dont feel that pain, but you will feel full anyways...

No need to worry about that! You won't have much choice. You will feel full after a couple sips of Water or tea.

Do your best on drinking. But I'm 10 days post op and it's still not easy. I bought that New Whey stuff from the Vitamin Shoppe. They are little tubes. They are really sweet. But one little bottle is 42g of protein! I like it because shakes sre reaaly getting old.

10 days post op for me. Down 20 lbs, and feeling great. Not having any issues with drinking, been comsuming over 140 Ounces of Water per day for the past week. Cooking meals for the family, picking up take out, not tempted in the least. I just grab a bottle of Water and chug it down. Gas pain was gone after day two, and I know that walking is what took care of it. Ive been getting 5000 - 10000 steps a day in according to my fitbit. Keep your heads up and walk, walk, walk, it will get better. I have zero regrets other than not doing this sooner.

So do you think that egg drop Soup would be ok or wonton soup or sweet and sour soup would be ok for the clear diet.

So do you think that egg drop Soup would be ok or wonton soup or sweet and sour soup would be ok for the clear diet.

Egg drop soup is on my list for weeks 1 and 2!

I was sleeved on June 3rd. I had a little bit of a reaction to the anesthesia, which caused a lot of nausea and vomiting right after the surgery. I was up and walking right when I was taken to my room. The walking really helped with the gas. I could not ingest anything at all, even ice chips the day of the surgery because of the nausea. Day 2 was much better and I was discharged at 2:00 pm.

Since then I have been doing better every day. I have not taken any pain medication at all since the hospital. My incisions are all healing nicely and I am starting to lose the "super glue". I have started walking on the treadmill, very slowly but at least it is something. I am still on the full liquid diet with the addition of Protein shakes this week. Next week, I will add cottage cheese and eggs. I am not hungry and it takes me almost an hour to get the Protein Shakes down.

I have lost 14 pounds since the surgery and a total of 29 pounds since the pre-op diet. I never once had any "buyers remorse". I know that this is the best thing I have ever done for myself and I am looking forward to a very bright future.

Good luck to all of you other June Sleevers!!

My surgery is on June 16th...to stay organized afterwards, wondering if anyone has a link or website that has a Bariatric food Chart which I can record my intake of food, liquids, Vitamins, Protein, etc. Thanks!

I use Fitness Pal. It works great because you can set your goals and track your nutrition intake. Even lets you bar code things! Just me mindful of your portion sizes when you log. The number of ounces they have maybe bigger than you can handle. But you can change any portion size and it will calculate everything for you! I tried like 3 other apps till I found this one.

Today was best day so far. I was able to get my liquids and Protein in, yeah! I'm down 5 lbs since surgery on the 9th and down 12 since preop. I went shopping for the first time today, just for an hour or so... Came home and took a nap:) I'm lucky so far, no head hunger. My husband has been great, he will be sleeved hopefully next month. be good to yourselves, each day makes us stronger

I am allowed to have refried Beans during the mushy food phase. I was very excited about this today. I measured out 2 oz. and sat with my family for a lovely dinner. It was so tasty that I should've known better but I forced myself to finish that 2 oz bowl of refried beans - omg, I ate them about 2 hours ago and still feel as if I ate thanksgiving feast! I guess we live and learn with our new sleeves!

3rd day post op, feeling MUCH better.... Had lots of gas pains last couple of days but walking A LOT helped.. Having my fat free hot chocolate mixed with whey Protein now, and enjoying :) lost 12.5 lbs so far!!!!!!!

The only thing i regret is not doing it earlier :)

Good luck all....