Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got Sleeved June 4th...feeling better everyday, still experiencing some gas pains

I was sleeved yesterday (5th)! Doing very well. The only pain is in my chest and left shoulder from the gas. Haven't had any liquids by mouth yet and im kinda scared to try. Also, the whole time I have had that burning, gurgling sensation of hunger but I realize it's the acid talking so it's not bothering me too much. I am going to ask my surgeon about medication for that when I see him today. I'm in hospital angeles in Tijuana and truly cannot say enough positive things. Beautiful hospital, wonderful, kind people, and little difficulty with communication. Many speak English. Soooo nice to be on the other side of this! We won't be going home to Michigan until Monday. Good luck to the future June sleevers! :)

Hello! New here. Sleeved on June 3rd...

Hello and welcome! How did your surgery go ?? I have mine the 11th.

Hi - Surgery went well. Still sore, but seems to get better a little every day. Having trouble getting down all the Protein and liquids. Finding it a little difficult to watch the kids/hubby eat and I'm here sipping on Isopure, but I keep reminding myself it will be worth it - give it time and eventually I can join them again, just with smaller options.

Hi all!

I was sleeved on June 2nd. The pain is going away. I am having a hard time getting all of my liquids in. I either forget or am not hungry. So that's my focus! Good luck!

I was sleeved June 2nd and it gets better every day! I used the liquid vicodin the day I came home but felt so nauseous I haven't taken it again. The pain is slowly going away and I'm starting to get all my liquids in!! I can't wait to be fully healed and back to a normal life! I love hearing how everyone is doing and how excited people are who are just starting their journey. Good luck everyone!

So glad everyone is doing great! Thank you for sharing all your details of your Post Ops. Sleeved on 13th. Countdown is on.

Day 3 post op feeling tired, no pain, no nausea

Continuation of day 3 post op... Feeling challenged in getting the Protein in. Isopure is disgusting . I can only tolerate 4 ounces at a time. Drinking my clear baritrack creamsicle, this shake will probably turn me off of ice cream creamsicles for the rest of my life. Homemade chicken broth feels the best. I am actually looking forward to a chocolate shake or vanilla, who would have thought that ! Today's goal is to go for a walk around the block.

Had my sleeve on June 4th and went home on the 5th. I am weaning myself off of pain meds because they make me so tired. Doing ok with fluids and Protein but nothing really tastes good. Started having diarrhea yesterday so not sure why that is happening. I usually get constipated after surgery. My stomach is always making these loud gurgling noises too. I am feeling a strong desire to eat something and am so sick of liquids. Coming to this site helps keep me on track though. I am supposed to stay on liquids for 10 days but I am having a hard time thinking of doing this same food for another week!

It is good you are weaning yourself off of meds. I am only taking childrens liquid tylenol at bedtime. Last night I slept the most- six hours! I am trying to get back to a normal sleeping schedule after the hospital stay. They woke me up every two hours taking my vitals! This morning I took a nap for an hour, my body needs the rest to heal, so I listen to it. I am getting stir crazy though. I want to go somewhere, eat something other than liquid, and have more energy! I feel like the shakes make me go to the bathroom. Once I feel gas I just go. I am sure once I can switch to thicker liquids and mushies that will change. I will be on a liquid diet for two weeks, this seems like a lifetime. My stomach really doesn 't make noises but I feel the liquid go down, usually by my second sip I feel full, like a ton of bricks. Going to this site helps me alot. Good luck in your recovery.

Been a few days since I posted last; trying to rest, husband getting ready to go back to work and getting things stocked up for the kids.

I quit taking the pain medicine because even the smallest dose made me nauseous and feel like I was drunk; ringing ears and all. So the pain isn't quite as controlled as I'd like right now but I'd rather deal with that than the side effects of the pain medicine.

Sleeved on June 3rd - and I'm still trying to get in all the liquid - and I'm starving!! I tried Isopure before surgery and it was tolerable, but now the taste has seemed to change. The shakes are even sweeter to me than before, but I manage maybe one throughout the day. Today was the first day that I managed almost a whole Isopure. Made the kids grilled cheese and Tomato Soup for dinner and I did have about 2 to 3 oz of Tomato Soup and man, was it divine!! Seems to have gone down ok.

Anyone have advice on diet - mine seems very vague and my surgeon tells me to get a hold of the nutritionist at the hospital and she says there is a post op class the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month...well, that's next Monday. I'm going to email and see if I can more guidance but thought I'd look here as well.

My guide says full liquids for 7 days then to soft foods - I would think there would be a transition period like Soup, applesauce, yogurt, etc...or is that all part of the liquids stage? Tuesday will be a week, so I know I'm not far out, but still wondering.

I've googled diets and there is a lot of variation - from SF carnation instant Breakfast, to Protein bars during week 2 and so on...

Thanks!!

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:16290]

My guide has me at full liquids for the first 2 days then soft foods for the next 4 weeks. They call this stage no lumps or numbs. So applesauce, yogurt, broth or cream Soup etc. then stage 3 will be at 5-6 weeks out till 8 weeks and that is adding in soft meats potatoes etc. hopefully the NUT can send you something to help you out as well. Good luck, I'm getting excited can the 18 the get here.

Thanks!! It will be here sooner than you think! I hope all goes well for you.

I will do more research and see what I come up with! ;)

Edited by ready2chg

Hello fellow Juners! Had my surgery on the 3rd...only pain I had for 2 days were gas pains in my chest and left arm. Felt like I swallowed an Icee down super fast.... Had this for 2 days. Got home and was ok on Thursday....I am getting 3 shakes and 40 oz of liquid in.... No gas, burps but occasional chest pain. This surgery left me with no tummy pain and I'm amazed....can u guys believe that we can get 85 percent of our tummies out and still feel ok? Unfortunately I'm starting to feel hunger...do any of u feeling hungry yet? Surgery day weight was 242 (6/3) and today I'm 233. I'm on counting my weight loss starting from surgery date.....

Going into 5th day post-op and I've still got a lot of pain at the large incision. Never had any gas pain. I guess I managed to walk that off pretty quick. So far I'm only doing 1 shake per day but I think I need to up that to at least 2. I have yet to feel hunger pangs. I know when I'm hungry but it doesn't feel the same as it used to. I haven't weighed myself yet and I'm not going to until I go back to the doc Thursday. I don't want to be brought down by any weight I've gained from the surgery. I know it's still there because my legs are still swollen with retained fluid... I definitely need to drink more Water.< /p>