Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question- has anyone had problems with ice chips or Popsicles? Right after surgery, they gave me ice chips, my new tummy started cramping and hurting, so I didn't take in many ice chips. Now 6 days later, I tried a Popsicle - WOW, that really hurt. I don't know if I ate it too fast or what. I guess icy things are not on the menu for me right now. Anyone else?

I am going to try for dinner tonight.

Did it go down ok? I haven't tried it yet.

Hey June Sleevers,

I'm just checking in post surgery. My procedure was on the 3rd, no complications although the doc did discover a hiatal hernia that we didn't know about. He fixed that during surgery. The first couple of days weren't too bad, the post op pain and gas were similar to what I had with my hysterectomy a few years ago so I knew how best to deal with it: walk, walk, walk, then walk some more. The worst part was the bulb drain that I had attached to my belly for 8 days. It left that incision swollen and sore and was really ready to come out. Drain removal was a turning point and allowed me to feel SOOO much better! Now I am 11 days out and feeling great! Started pureed foods (with Dr permission) on day 9 and never knew cottage cheese could taste so good.

I hope all the other Junies are feeling good, either on the road to recovery or ready to take the plunge!

Cheers! :rolleyes:

I was sleeved on Wed, June 11. Spent two nights in the hospital, mainly due to nausea. My nausea didn't come from Water, I felt it was from anesthesia because it felt more like motion sickness. They put a patch behind my ear and it subsided quickly! Also started getting bad pains in my shoulder that the pain pills weren't touching. Nurse explained it was probably gas buildup from surgery that "settled" in my shoulder. She gave me a heating pad and it went away. I have 6 incisions in my belly and only 1 of them hurts now. Figured it was the one they pulled my stomach thru! Hard to stand up, but once I start walking, it gets better. I was on puréed foods in the hospital, put in Jello shooter containers for me! Could only get a couple bites in so glad I didn't waste too much. Using the Unjury Protein shakes...very good! I have lots of heartburn even though I'm sipping slowly. All in all, I'm doing very well and just looking forward to the incision pain to subside and I'll be good to go!!

Hi all! I had surgery on Thursday June 5th -- It went great, the dr. fixed the hiatal hernia at the same time. I had surgery at 7:30am and was home by 1pm the same day. I had kept on the nausea patch the center gave me but needed no pain meds at all. I walked the first day some but not as much as I should have and had plenty of gas for the next few days but no pain. I had a drain removed the day after surgery and walked through costco and Walmart. As for the stitches, I have 5 incisions, and the steri-tape is still on and they are starting to itch, so I guess that means they are healing.

I've done well with the clear Proteins, Water and broth the first week and now that it's week 2, I'm doing the Protein shakes as well as the week 1 things and doing well.

Hey guys, day 3 post op, not feeling very bad, gas pain is gone, but low grade fever is irritating.. 100 - 100.1 i don't know what is happening, terrified if it is a leak.

Lost 13.8 lbs since the surgery day and i am not feeling hungry at all.. I just drink to live.. Maybe i am over drinking maybe not!! Maybe its a heat stroke!!?? I walked a lot in the heat yesterday, i have been feeling weird since yesterday... Mild nausea and feeling thirsty all the time.. Slight abdominal pain/discomfort last night, couldn't sleep well..

My surgeon said i have to see him tomorrow morning , and that i might be dehydrated!!!!

Im being paranoid now...

Any advice?

Hello everyone! I had my surgery on tuesday, June 2nd in CA. 24 hr stay in the hospital with lots of walking and no complications. I nursed my belly and walked a lot over the course of that week. Started having mild right upper abdominal pain. Returned to work monday. Monday night the pain was a sharp, tearing feeling when changing positions. Did any one else have these pains? Now its saturday, pain is dulling and only ever in the right upper abd. Stopped narcotics back in monday except sometimes to aid sleep. I've been getting 50-64 oz of liquids and 90-110 g Protein daily. Sticking to liquids for 2 weeks and dreaming of cottage cheese! Down 12lbs since returning home from hospital. I cant wait to see us all transform into healthier versions!

Oh i wanted to add the secret to my Protein intake is syntax nectar unflavored whey. I love it! I add 2 scoops to everything and it doesn't alter the flavors. High recommend!

Edited by examplesofanewlife

Hey guys, day 3 post op, not feeling very bad, gas pain is gone, but low grade fever is irritating.. 100 - 100.1 i don't know what is happening, terrified if it is a leak. Lost 13.8 lbs since the surgery day and i am not feeling hungry at all.. I just drink to live.. Maybe i am over drinking maybe not!! Maybe its a heat stroke!!?? I walked a lot in the heat yesterday, i have been feeling weird since yesterday... Mild nausea and feeling thirsty all the time.. Slight abdominal pain/discomfort last night, couldn't sleep well.. My surgeon said i have to see him tomorrow morning , and that i might be dehydrated!!!! Im being paranoid now... Any advice?

Def sounds like a trip to the surgeon is in order! Just to make sure!

My surgery was June 5th. I am feeling good. Down 13 pounds so far. I also have a little pain in my upper abdomen. I seen my dr. on Friday, he said it is normal. That is the area were my internal stitches are, and I may feel a sharp pain from time to time. I am off the tynenol/pain medication and feeling ok. Having some head hunger issues at night, I came a long way to go back to the old me!

Can't wait for my transformation!

Hey guys, day 3 post op, not feeling very bad, gas pain is gone, but low grade fever is irritating.. 100 - 100.1 i don't know what is happening, terrified if it is a leak. Lost 13.8 lbs since the surgery day and i am not feeling hungry at all.. I just drink to live.. Maybe i am over drinking maybe not!! Maybe its a heat stroke!!?? I walked a lot in the heat yesterday, i have been feeling weird since yesterday... Mild nausea and feeling thirsty all the time.. Slight abdominal pain/discomfort last night, couldn't sleep well.. My surgeon said i have to see him tomorrow morning , and that i might be dehydrated!!!! Im being paranoid now... Any advice?

Def sounds like a trip to the surgeon is in order! Just to make sure!

Already did, i was severely dehydrated, i had to sit in the hospital for 4 hours for an iv saline solution.. 34 oz..... It feels sooooo much better now, and im literally drinking all the time... Thank you for the advice..

<p>My surgery was June 5th. I am feeling good. Down 13 pounds so far. I also have a little pain in my upper abdomen. I seen my dr. on Friday, he said it is normal. That is the area were my internal stitches are, and I may feel a sharp pain from time to time. I am off the tynenol/pain medication and feeling ok. Having some head hunger issues at night, I came a long way to go back to the old me!</p> <p> </p> <p>Can't wait for my transformation!</p>

Sounds like my issue. I haven't been hungry but the the memory of flavors and taste make me want to eat it. Mmmmm mexican food!

I've been having kidney pain. Could be that I'm dehydrated? Only 6 days post op. Other than that I'm great, down 10 pounds since surgery! :) has anyone else had any kidney pains after surgery?

My surgery was June 5th. I am feeling good. Down 13 pounds so far. I also have a little pain in my upper abdomen. I seen my dr. on Friday, he said it is normal. That is the area were my internal stitches are, and I may feel a sharp pain from time to time. I am off the tynenol/pain medication and feeling ok. Having some head hunger issues at night, I came a long way to go back to the old me! Can't wait for my transformation!

My surgery was on June 4th And I lost 14lbs so I guess we are doing it right.

I've been having kidney pain. Could be that I'm dehydrated? Only 6 days post op. Other than that I'm great, down 10 pounds since surgery! :) has anyone else had any kidney pains after surgery?

4 days post op and i feel those kidney pains a few times a day.

Drink as much as u can , my surgeon asked me to drink 75 oz a day !!

If pain persists, call your surgeon

June 2nd! I am finally feeling better! Just sore and still tying to figure out a good balance of liquids and food (blended of course)