Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You don't have to drink your Protein. You can eat it too. But if you don't get in enough it can slow your healing and cause you to lose muscle along with the fat. This will most assuredly make you tired and weak.

Drink it, eat it, however you get it in.....just do it. You need it and you'll get used to it. I didn't like the shakes at first and now I look forward to them. ;)

Isopure also makes a zero carb drink that is sorta like Kool-aid. I just cut it half with cold Water. 40 grams of protein in 20 ounces of drink.

You can experience Hair loss. Most people lose hair in the first six months after surgery. Also losing muscle mass is a big issue because you will feel weak and run out of breath. It's hard and sometimes you have to try many different methods to getting your Protein, but I am confident that it can be done!

You probably already know your body needs Protein to build muscle. When you don't get enough protein, your body will start breaking down muscle to get what it needs. Your organs and bones are also at risk. You may also suffer from compromised immune function if you don't get enough protein, and you may feel easily fatigued without the energy to carry out your daily activities and exercise. Greater risk of exercise-related injury is also associated with protein deficiency, as is slow wound healing. If your goal is weight loss, don't skimp on protein; compared to fat and carbohydrate, protein is the most satiating of the macronutrients, meaning it will help fill you up and keep you feeling full so you avoid overeating and food cravings.

Protein malnutrition. which can make you very sick. it can affect every organ in your body. it will also slow down your metabolism to the point where you wont lose any weight.

i was not able to drink the shakes, but i realized that milk mixed with greek yogurt gave me about the same amount of protein as a shake. so i drank that and when i was a little more healed my nut okayed Protein Bars for me to eat instead.

I asked about this recently at my post op b/c I am not having luck with drinking Protein. My physician did not say I would not lose weight, but he stressed it would be the wrong weight (muscle). It also slows down the healing process.

We're focusing on the mushy foods I can get down and I ordered some drinks with a Water like consistency. I must say that they even asked how long it would take for me to get them in the mail b/c after surgery is when this is so important. I was so ready with shakes that I now cannot drink for the life of me. I would do that shopping differently knowing what I know. Post-op, I just could not handle them.

I am doing the best I can. Revisiting my shakes was not good for my sleeve either so it's a learning process, but I personally will not force it. Finding alternatives has been my method.

Try getting the unflavored Protein powders (unjury or syntax are good) and mix them into foods that are palatable to you.Unjury also makes a cheese sauce that is not bad on vegetables.

Unjury may say unflavored but trust me it is , and it's called nasty puke gag! They gave me samples to use during hospital stay. Stupid me orders two containers before surgery and now I'm stuck with them . Haven't even oped them . I did like there chic Soup and choc Protein .

Silly question but how much Protein should we be in taking a day? I just got sleeved Wednesday an today is my first day home, an the only thing I have gotten down today is 1 cup of broth an 2 sugar free popcicles. I do have the GNC total lean 25 shake mix, but don't no what the best things to wat for right after surgery. Any suggestions would be helpful...

@@Krystal0528 Did your nutritionist give you a Protein goal? I'm 5ft 4in and my goal is 66 grams of protein a day (I think it's based on height, but take that with a grain of salt). If the nut didn't, I'd suggest calling your doctor or nutritionist Monday :)

@@Krystal0528, in the first few weeks after surgery it may be hard to get in your Protein without the shakes, but it is possible. I ate a lot of greek yogurt during that time. On day 7 I could have eggs and hummus, those are both good sources of protein. If you are allowed to have Peanut Butter, that would be another source of protein. I like to add a tablespoon of peanut butter to my shakes to give them even more protein. :)