Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op? When did your energy increase?

<p>Didn't feel the energy return for 3 months.</p>

Wow, that's a while, but it beats consuming tons of calories on top of not working out. This is quite a ride. Lol

Cushy....I hope you get you some energy soon, just focus on healing first :)

We all lose at different levels, have diff pain levels and energry levels....I have seen some people take months to get energy while others take a few days....Good luck on your weight loss journey.

<p>Cushy....I hope you get you some energy soon, just focus on healing first :)</p> <p>We all lose at different levels, have diff pain levels and energry levels....I have seen some people take months to get energy while others take a few days....Good luck on your weight loss journey.</p>

Thank you, I'm hanging in there and I can say day by day I'm seeing a small increase in energy just not quite back to normal yet. Good luck to you as well.

all great info- thanks to the OP! I have surgery on 6/23 and am taking 4 wks off of my nursing job. i am hopeful that i can at least log some good walking to help in healing and blood clot risks, plus start to get some stamina back before I get back to my full time job.

helpful!

<p>all great info- thanks to the OP! I have surgery on 6/23 and am taking 4 wks off of my nursing job. i am hopeful that i can at least log some good walking to help in healing and blood clot risks, plus start to get some stamina back before I get back to my full time job.</p> <p> </p> <p>helpful! </p>

You will be fine, just know that your walking time may be shorter than what you like but you can always repeat throughout the day. Congrats on your upcoming sleeve!!

I can literally tell folks the exactl day it happened - it was like flipping a switch on the last day of the third week post-op. I went from forcing exercise to feeling easy with it. From feeling drained and wiped out by the time I GOT to work, to literally that day at lunch time saying to myself, "Hey - I'm feeling better! I've got enough energy to stay and zip through my evening meeting!" And I did - since then it's been pretty much near normal, with only a few half days where I felt zonked, and usually then from not sleeping or eating as I needed to, or from overdoing steps on hikes.

I got my energy back up to a functional level (able to stay awake all day and do some light activity like grocery shopping or cleaning) around week 3. I just got approved this past week, one month post op on 5/29, for regular exercise and since my first work out I have so much more energy. Sure I'm shaky and exhausted for a half hour after a big work out but once I eat some Protein I am ready to go again. I do find that the heat and walking around the city still zaps my energy pretty fast so I stick to indoor workouts like running on the treadmill or weight lifting.

I would say that my stamina increased after surgery. It's not that I had more energy, its just that I had more stamina to accomplish greater tasks - like shoveling off my 1000 foot driveway from snow without working up a sweat.

Edited by James Marusek

I was sleeved on 5/28 an got home on 5/30, an since I have been home me an my husband go to track an walk a mile together everyday. I don't want to do any more than walking until all gas pain an incision pain is gone.

Also have any of you thought about or considered the activity trackers? I'm strongly considering purchasing the up24 to track how much walking I'm actually getting in an it tracks your sleeping habits as well. I no that there are alot of these kind of trackers out there, but want to no if any of you have tried them an whats your take? I want to get one but due to there being so many don't no which one to get!

Krystal - I use the fit flex tracker - Bracelet that tracks sleep as well and if you use myfitnesspal app - they synch together. I can't live without it and is worth the money! Let me know if you have any questions!