Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 1st is my big day!

I'm excited about having a date on the books. I need to make my appointment with the nutritionist because then I feel like I can really start preparing. I've heard that my doctor's eating/follow-up regimen is pretty strict; I asked him about that during my consult and he said the reason why is twofold. He says it's human nature that when given instructions that need to be followed for any length of time, the majority of folks will follow it about 90% and will make small concessions or allowances to make themselves more comfortable. So, he figures that if he tells his patients to do 110%, they will hopefully settle in at about 100%. Also, he says that we have a limited timeframe to work within to get maximum weight loss, so we need to make the most of that time. I like his philosophy, and I like the way that he says "we"; I know he's really invested in my outcome.

So excited! 38 days and counting!

It sounds like you have a great surgeon and are getting yourself ready to succeed!

Good luck as your start your journey!

Hi I am July 1st as well. So excited. Wishing your the best.

July 1st here too!

Congratulations on your set date.

YEAH less than a month all!!!!!!!

I know... Time is just flying! I've never really done a formal introduction here, so I guess I'll take the time to do that now.

I'm 5'9", 348 and I live in Austin, TX. I'm an R.N. and a single mom of an extremely energetic five year old (I can not even begin to keep up with him - yet!) I just turned 40 years old a couple of weeks ago, and while I had been pondering the idea of surgery for years, I never really felt that lap-band or the bypass was the right time for me. Once I found out about the sleeve, though, everything just started falling into place. My insurance has a policy exclusion for all things bariatric, so I will be self-pay. While expensive, this is going to be the best birthday present I've ever been allowed to have!

I love reading everyone's experiences on the site. I appreciate all of the advice and information that's available here. I can't believe that it'll be my turn in a little less than a month. I hope that I'll be able to "pay it forward" and offer my own advice once i'm post-op.

Edited by Q2theT

I know... Time is just flying! I've never really done a formal introduction here, so I guess I'll take the time to do that now. I'm 5'9", 348 and I live in Austin, TX. I'm an R.N. and a single mom of an extremely energetic five year old (I can not even begin to keep up with him - yet!) I just turned 40 years old a couple of weeks ago, and while I had been pondering the idea of surgery for years, I never really felt that lap-band or the bypass was the right time for me. Once I found out about the sleeve, though, everything just started falling into place. My insurance has a policy exclusion for all things bariatric, so I will be self-pay. While expensive, this is going to be the best birthday present I've ever been allowed to have! I love reading everyone's experiences on the site. I appreciate all of the advice and information that's available here. I can't believe that it'll be my turn in a little less than a month. I hope that I'll be able to "pay it forward" and offer my own advice once i'm post-op.

Happy Birthday to you! It is a shame that insurances still do not recognize bariatric surgery. But what a better investment but in yourself. Wishing all the success in the world.

I'm in Texas as well. I live in South Texas, wish I lived in Austin-what a great city!

My date just got moved today from June 17 to July 1, so I am officially a July 2014 Sleeve member!

I have to do a two week, pre-op, liquid diet. How about everyone else?

Two week liquid diet here too! I'm hitting my favorite places here in town over the next couple of days, then starting on half-liquid for a week to get used to it, then 2 weeks hard core. We were on vacation last week with our mail/UPS held so tomorrow I start ordering shakes and such.

I go to the nutritionist on Wednesday morning. I'll get the details on my preop diet then. I know that it will start on the 17th, but I've been told that the diet will be tailored to me and my body composition. So, it's possible that I will be on mostly liquids with light meals in the evening, or it could be all liquid. I called Syntrax last week to order the pack of 15 samples fit $15. You can only order one sample pack, so I may enlist a friend to order another for me... Seems like those night be handy when it's time to return to work.

Yeah three weeks away.!!!!!! Is everyone getting excited?!!!!!!!

I'm ridiculously excited about seeing shipping notices from Unjury, Syntrax, etc. in my email box. I'm a dork.

Edited by KQH

Hi ladies and gents. I will be sleeved on July 3rd. I wasn't nervous until I read the post that said "3 weeks away". I would love to join you guys for this wonderful journey.

Mine is July 4th. Is anyone have a hard time doing liquids?? Can we have anything else as well???