Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Virginia?

Me? I was a smoker but quit 11 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ok I have my pre op on the 25th but I'm so concern in reference to when is it to late to quit smoking... like how far bk can they detect the smoke

No idea. You should quit as soon as possible. They won't do it if they detect it at all. I know it sounds easier than it is, but I've been there and having a reason to quit helps. You can do it.

Arlington

In Waynesboro. Going to UVA.

I am eight months out and two pounds shy of the one hundred pound milestone!!!! Wow, I can't believe I did it, it dosent feel real yet.

I live in between Richmond and Charlottesville. I had my surgery in Charlottesville on 5/23/16 (on my birthday!!) and I'm already 30 lbs down.

Dawn :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I live in between Richmond and Charlottesville. I had my surgery in Charlottesville on 5/23/16 (on my birthday!!) and I'm already 30 lbs down.

Dawn :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm having my surgery in Charlottesville too! Who did yours? I'm shooting for a September date.

I had mine done at Sentara Martha Jefferson Hosp with Dr. Jayme Stokes. He's awesome!!

Nova here had mine at Fair Oaks

I'm in Richmond. I've just recently started the process. My doctor is Dr. Schroeder. I've had my initial consult, decided on the sleeve. Now, I have my NUT appointment next week and my psych eval the following week. My insurance doesn't require much which was such a relief. I'm hoping to submit for insurance approval by mid-August. I'm really excited! It's time to get going! My next steps are figuring out my out of pocket expense and how much time to take off of work.

I'm in Richmond. I've just recently started the process. My doctor is Dr. Schroeder. I've had my initial consult, decided on the sleeve. Now, I have my NUT appointment next week and my psych eval the following week. My insurance doesn't require much which was such a relief. I'm hoping to submit for insurance approval by mid-August. I'm really excited! It's time to get going! My next steps are figuring out my out of pocket expense and how much time to take off of work.

I'm in Richmond as well! I don't have a surgery date yet. I'm waiting to get approved through my insurance before I get a date. My surgery will be at Bon Secours St. Mary's. Good luck with your journey! ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Hi all! I can't believe I am writing this!! I am only 11 days shy from my gastric sleeve surgery, the date is September 15th!! I live in Glen Allen, VA and my surgeon is Dr. Nathan Lee. I will be going to St. Mary's Hospital. Any September sleevers out there??