Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hear the secret of the liquid diet is to stay busy and you just confirmed. What kind of Soup do you drink if any? What brand are you Vitamins. The ones I saw online seem to be so pricey, I would mind bariatric Vitamins from Walmart or somewhere cheaper but would like to make sure there are packed with the necessary dosage of supplement.

My surgery date is June 5th. On the 4th I have to do a liquid diet. I am so nervous but preparing for my son's prom and graduation has kept me occupied.

Thanks Cupcake for the tips!!!

Congrats to you all of making the choice to be healthy I am 4 days post opt and everyday gets better walking and gasx strips have help me get the gas out good luck to you all.

Thank you thesuse2000, I heard some good things about Dr. Ariel Ortiz but not so much about the lap band so I'm glad you are having a revision. Would you go to him for the revision? I wish you the best, this time is the good one!!!

I'm scheduled for June 16th - getting excited!

I had my lap band surgery with Ariel Ortiz back in 2008. While the band didn't work for me, I had a great experience there. Wishing you the best!

Hi Nina51, I wish you the best of luck! What are you allowing to have for you liquid diet?

I know about sugar free popsicles, sugar-free Jello, chicken broth which I never like... I was wondering about veggies and fruits juicing?

I'm scheduled for June 24th!. Have to do a 1 week liquid only starting May 17. All the emotions are starting....

Hi all, My name is Jane and my surgery is June 16, 2014. It will be removal of lapband, gastric sleeve. i will spend two days in the hospital. i am getting anxious!!!

Hi all, My name is Jane and my surgery is June 16, 2014. It will be removal of lapband, gastric sleeve. i will spend two days in the hospital. i am getting anxious!!!

Hi Jane - I'm having the same surgery as you on the same day! And also in NYC, but at NYU with Dr. Ren Fielding. I'm getting anxious too! But also kind of excited. Good luck to us!

If insurance wouldn't cover my revision (which they are - yay!) I would have likely gone back to Mexico - either Ortiz or another - I would have to do research on the best surgeon for sleeve, which I haven't done. But I know he was doing sleeves back in 2008 when I was there, so he definitely has lots of experience. The thing that makes me nervous about going to Mexico for the sleeve is the risk of leaks and other complications in the first month after surgery. I would want to have a bariatric surgeon/practitioner in my area that I have met with and can go to if any emergencies come up. Not sure if that's common practice at all, but I would want that security if possible.

That said - I do recall calling the OCC (Ortiz) after my lap band surgery with a concern and one of the doctors called me back immediately and spent a good 10 mins with me on the phone - so patient and helpful. They're very nice there. I'm sure you'll do great.

Thank you thesuse2000, I heard some good things about Dr. Ariel Ortiz but not so much about the lap band so I'm glad you are having a revision. Would you go to him for the revision? I wish you the best, this time is the good one!!!

I'm scheduled for June 16th - getting excited!

I had my lap band surgery with Ariel Ortiz back in 2008. While the band didn't work for me, I had a great experience there. Wishing you the best!

I'm ready! Still don't have a date for my surgery! Waiting on insurance approval. Thought surgery would be in June! Fingers crossed. All tests have been completed. This waiting is driving me crazy!

June 3rd!!! Been on pre-op diet for the past 4 days....struggled at first but I have the hang of it now...Congrats and Good Luck!! :D

June 9th here! Have to be on the pre-op diet for one month and so far have been on it for 13 days and have lost 15 lbs! Phew! Congrats to everyone!

My surgery is June 3rd with Dr.Gersin in Charlotte, NC. I'm so excited!

Hello All,

My surgery date is June 17th. I am super excited and nervous at the same time. Its going to take place in Austin, Tx. My only worry is about getting pregnant post op 12 month mark. Is anyone else wanting to have a baby post surgery? Thanks for your advise.

Mandi