Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How my progress compares to the women?

I got sleeved May 14th. 2 weeks pre-op I was 274lb, as of today May 21st I am 249lb total 25lb weight loss.

I'm a guy and it seems like I'm only one of a few on this forum so I'm curious to see how my progress compares to the women.

I was put onto full liquids 2 days ago, but I'm having a very hard time sticking to the requirements. I have almost no appetite all the time. Basically in the past week I've had Water, iced tea, chicken broth, and very little muscle milk. However, I feel better than fine! I have so much energy and I've been burning calories like crazy. I did 4miles at the gym yesterday and 1 mile today.

I did cheat a little but I immediately regretted it. Before surgery if I are too much too fast I'd feel bloated and have to lie down, now if I do that I just have an incredible pain in my chest, and lying down isn't gonna help.

Has anyone started getting new clothes yet?

I am a 5/14ther and I am down 12 pounds. Funny as a woman i started at the same weight but I am 262 today. I feel awesome. My incisions are still sore and my belly is still swollen some but I am walking 40 min a day. Having a hard time with Protein. I am tired of the sweet taste. I am really excited about the weeks to come.

My surgery weight was 285, and I'm 274 today (I was sleeved May 15). I haven't been able to walk a whole lot (pretty intense pain. I seriously overdid things my second day home and I've been struggling to get steps in since then...but I watch my Fitbit and just try to get more steps than the previous day, which is working).

I've been on Proteins since Day 5, and it takes me forever to get one of the shakes down, but I came close to my Protein goals yesterday, and I'm hoping to hit it today. I have very little interest in food, which is good, and very little interest in the Protein drinks (other than knowing that I'll likely heal faster if my body has something other than Water or juice to work with). I did discover that I appear to be lactose intolerant post-surgery (I've swung back and forth on my lactose tolerancy...I was intolerant during each of my pregnancies, but post-partum, I was fine, so I don't know if it's temporary or permanent. I hope temporary. I would miss cheese)

No new clothes yet. I have a couple of boxes of smaller clothes to go through before I think about buying new (but I'm saving up rewards points at Old Navy for a little spree, probably at the end of summer. I don't know if I'll need more clothes before then due to the sheer mass of smaller things I have tucked away)

Hello guys I'm also new to the forum I'm also a guy I had my sleeve on May 12 (295) and have lost 21 pounds and I have had hardly any complications. the only concern that I have is that I'm able to drink quite a bit and still keep down all of my Protein, I noticed that a lot of you cannot keep anything down or can barely eat your protein requirements so that concerns me that maybe my bougie was large. so I'm just really confused! I have an appointment with my surgeon today to remove staples and hopefully her answers! I would like to keep in contact with this groups progress as we were sleeved the same time.

Just make sure that pain in the chest isn't a heart-related issue. I know you said it was food (and a lot of people describe it that way) but it just freaks me out. I am down 46 pounds and just started buying new clothes. For quite a while I depended on a strong belt. I bought some super-duper expensive jeans at a consignment store a month or so back, but when I wore them on Monday I was told by 3 different people, my jeans were too big. Such a bummer. So I am trying to contain my clothes shopping habit to some extent because I am not done losing yet. Got quite a way to go.

Best of luck you you! :)

Hello guys I'm also new to the forum I'm also a guy I had my sleeve on May 12 (295) and have lost 21 pounds and I have had hardly any complications. the only concern that I have is that I'm able to drink quite a bit and still keep down all of my Protein, I noticed that a lot of you cannot keep anything down or can barely eat your Protein requirements so that concerns me that maybe my bougie was large. so I'm just really confused! I have an appointment with my surgeon today to remove staples and hopefully her answers! I would like to keep in contact with this groups progress as we were sleeved the same time.

I actually find it a little scary that I can drink Water this well only a week out. I know my doctor said he runs to the aggressive side when he does the surgery...I worry about leaks and whatnot because things go down well...I'm just not interested in most of them =P But I haven't had any new pains, so I'm guessing I'm just lucky where the Water is concerned (I cycle a lot during the summer, and I'd be lost without my Camelback and constant hydration)

That's my concern is leaks as well! I woke up from surgery and had no nausea and was able to drink ASAP! I've not had any problems with anything! All the sleeved people on here say that I'm either blessed or my surgery was done loose? I hope not. I'm going nuts with no answers!

One of my besties ( a male) was sleeved on 12/17. I was sleeved 10/21. My highest weight was 316lbs last August, and my surgery weight was 283lbs. Currently I weigh 226lbs. His starting weight ( from start of pre op diet on 12/7) was 396lbs and now he is 276lbs!!! It makes me incredibly jealous but it is what it is. Men ( especially taller men) will lose faster on average than women. Fact of life. I try hard not to compare with anyone because it can be a real downer. ( I am somewhat of a "slow" loser) I got fat on my own and in my own time so I should not worry about how I compare to others in my Quest for health and weight loss... But it is human nature to want to compare. Just know that you will most likely lose faster than most women if you work at it. ( eat on plan and exercise) Even with a few "slips" my friend has shed 120lbs in just 5 months!!!

@@Roo101769 Your friend starting at a higher weight may have something to do with greater weight loss as well. I've read that those who have more to lose tend to have larger losses compared to those with less to lose. And I've read about men tending to lose faster than women.

Ah well...the only one I'm really comparing myself to today is myself yesterday...and as long as today-self is doing better than yesterday-self, I feel pretty good :)