Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone like me? 5'5" 180lbs bmi 30?

Hello

I am so confused of what to do. I am going back to true results in richardson and the more I read the more I am all over the place. My bmi is 30, and I am 35yrs. I feel if i dont do this soon i will get bigger and develop health problems.

HAs anyone done it with a low bmi???Help Or does anyone wish they did it sooner

I am like you now!

I was 5'5" 264 lbs and I am 34

I was a size 24, 3x tops then I lost a bunch of weight and now I am about 175-180 and a size 6 and a small top.

Well at 35 I was around your size (a little taller).

A year later I was over 200.

Now 4 years after that I'm still over 200 and getting the sleeve. To answer your question, I wish I'd done it sooner but I'm not 100% sure that I wish I'd done it at 180 if that makes any sense at all.

I feel like I could have lost the weight at 180 but I waited too long until I was over 200 and couldn't come back from there, too far along I guess.

Currently bmi 35.

Hi! I am 34, 5'4 and on May 2, 2014 I had the sleeve done. My BMI was 32. I weighed 194 pounds. Having the sleeve has been a drastic change for me so I suggest you think really really carefully think about getting it done. I went to the doctor today and I am currently weighing 181. It's not a big drop but the doctor said it would take time because I was not much heavier. He thinks I can drop to 140 in 6-8 months but I do need to exercise to see it happen.

Whatever you decide, Good luck!!!

Edited by hope1212

I'm in the same boat as you, except my BMI is like 31 (so a few lbs more then you) and I'm terrified at the thought of getting surgery BUT I have so many health problems....I'm not sure :/

Still contemplating on what to do....:/

I was pre-diabetic for several years. I didn't know about the sleeve option at all during that time--- just knew about gastric bypass which sounded pretty drastic to me. I recently found out that at the time of cross over from pre-diabetic to diabetic, there is around a 50% loss of pancreatic islet cells that make insulin. So now, even if I have the sleeve, I'm not sure if it will permanently get rid of my diabetes because the damage has been done. Hopefully, this will help someone else factor this into their decision.

Hi! I am 34, 5'4 and on May 2, 2014 I had the sleeve done. My BMI was 32. I weighed 194 pounds. Having the sleeve has been a drastic change for me so I suggest you think really really carefully think about getting it done. I went to the doctor today and I am currently weighing 181. It's not a big drop but the doctor said it would take time because I was not much heavier. He thinks I can drop to 140 in 6-8 months but I do need to exercise to see it happen. Whatever you decide, Good luck!!!

I had the sleeve surgery on 1/31/14. I am 5'1" and weighed 190.

In 4 months I have lost 45 lbs. I have averaged 11 ins per month. Gone from size 14/16 to an 8 bottom and sm/med tops. I am very happy with this. And I have not exercised. I can only consume about 1/3-1/2 cup food at once. I follow my dr's suggestion of 60 G Protein per day. I barely ever eat additional carbs. No sweets; once you eat them, your body craves them. They slow down weight loss.

I believe that if you follow the nutritional recommendations, you will lose. I expect to have lost the 60 lbs I set as my goal by end of July. (6 mos postop)

My best to you.

My bmi was 30 sleeved April 2017

I hope you are doing well Wendy. I bet you are happy to have the evil Lapband gone! Mine has caused a lot of problems and I can't wait to have it yanked! My BMI is 30 my revision to RNY is scheduled for July 5th. I could not be sleeves because of GERD. Nervous! [emoji32]

I didn't have a lap band in before just a big stomach and high blood pressure. Bmi is 30 in Perth Wa where I live. I have already seen a big change. Don't want to lose much just needed everyone stopping asking if I was pregnant. X

I'm 51, look 30, but 5'3" and 201. Waiting now for the approval and my BMI when I went in to see the doctor in April was only 198 and at 34.9BMI. I had talked to my regular PCP doctor and we discussed as stupid as it is, for me to gain some weight to get me to the 35BMI. WHICH HAS GOT TO BE THE DUMBEST THING, but it's working (lots of Starbucks shakes) I hate it, my knees hurt, hurts to walk up the stairs in my house, hurts to get out of the chairs, and my lower back feels like someone has hit me. I needed to be OVER 35 and ONE cormorbity (sleep apnea) and that's an entirely different story, but if that's what it takes to get me to the surgery then so be it. I was uncomfortable at 170 but with the amount of diet I was on, the amount of Water and workouts I did, nothing helped in the last 3 years, so it's to surgery. They (medical) really need to do something for those of us that are under the 35BMI, especially if we can show years of hard work and testing and nothing helps. But gaining those last 20 pounds has taken about two months, it's been actually hard and I'm SO SICK AND TIRED OF JUNK food. I am trying to maintain my 200+ JUST for this reason :( Doctors are evil.

I didn't have a lap band in before just a big stomach and high blood pressure. Bmi is 30 in Perth Wa where I live. I have already seen a big change. Don't want to lose much just needed everyone stopping asking if I was pregnant. X

Hi! I am having surgery 7/7 and I am a 29 BMI. Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!