Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post op. Not feeling too goid

Had my surgery on April 29 2014. I started off doing so good but as time went on I really started feeling awful. I'm so sick to my stomach & went the entire 2nd week not eating. Then out of no where my mouth started over producing saliva which is making me feel even worse!! Anyone have this problem?

Umm you need to be drinking and eating soft foods and liquids, Don't get dehydrated thats the worst thing you can do to yourself. You probably feel bad because your not getting enough Fluid in you, go drink gatorade 2 or Powerade 0 or something like that.

Get some broth into you as well,

If your having the slimies you are probably producing too much acid and or eating too much or too fast. You need to be careful and follow your doctors orders.

Go get a PPI, drink drink drink and go eat

I think it must be acid reflux Bc yesterday it felt like my stomach was eating itself. I tried to drink some nexium but my gag reflex is so bad it didn't stay down. I called my dr just waiting for return call. This is causing me anxiety.

I am six weeks out and feel the same way. Constant nausea from the time I wake up all day and night. It's horrible. If I eat I get sick if I don't eat I get sick. I have always been very active and can not get thru a workout because do the nausea. Hope you feel better.

I also hope you feel better!! I was so happy to have this surgery & now I'm so unhappy!! I've never felt so sick & weak!! Idk how to get relief. I know it's still early but man it's hard to stay positive.

I think it must be acid reflux too. I had the same symptoms, really bad nausea and salivating. It was disgusting. I called the hospital and now I take my regular antacid in the morning and I also take Nexium around supper time. If I feel a little nauseous in between, I can take some Tums. I'm doing much better. Hang in there, you're not alone. Once you find what's wrong, you'll feel a lot better.

The surgeon prescribed apo lansoprazole 30mg (I'm in Quebec, so it might not be called the same in English). I have to take it 30 minutes before Breakfast for 3 months. They give that to all sleeve patients. If it's not enough, they said I could add Nexium and Tums. I am 6 weeks out though, I'm not sure if you can have Tums at 3 weeks out, you'd have to check.

They gave me nexium granules that have to be mixed with tbs of Water. Since my gag reflex is so bad right now. It's hard to swallow. My dr called me & said for sure it's acid & to try maylox. So hard to get this stuff to stay down especially since it tastes nasty.

I had the same symptoms and tried many antacids before any luck. My nausea started the moment I awoke from surgery, in fact, I was so nauseated that I could not drink Water and ended up going back to the hospital two separate times for I.v. fluids and Vitamins. I finally told my doctor that I wanted a prescription for Aciphex. I have worked in the medical field for years and know the success rate of that particular antacid. Finally after 7 weeks of hell I was prescribed a med that worked and after 2 days of taking it I was able to eat, drink and came back to life. I highly recomened asking your physician about it. Doctors are reluctant to prescribe Aciphex because most insurance companies do not cover it unless a bunch of other antacids have been tried and failed. Your physicians office will need a list of what you have tried so they can submit a form called a 'prior authorization' to your insurance company when trying to get this med approved. It will be approved, it is just extra paper work for the doctors office and a bit time consuming but that is their job, right? You are your best advocate and the squeaky wheel gets the oil. You do not have to suffer. Good luck and blessings.