Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I'm excited, 9 days until the big day! I'm doing Atkins style low carb until then, I need a kick start! I have a few work trips 3 weeks after surgery and would love to be 30 down, so I know I have to work hard! I had a few good funerals but I think I'm good now. :-)

Protein Powder is in, I ordered so Isopure drinks too that hopefully will arrive before I leave. I got Flintstones Vitamins for the first few months, is that what your all are taking?

I'm headed down to Mexico to see Dr. Aceves for surgery and I can't wait!

Hey Lylabelle!

I am also scheduled for May 30th! I am having the gastric sleeve locally in TX and my doctor wants me doing Protein shakes and one small meal a day with Protein and veggies. I have always done a Multi-Vitamin but picked up some Centrum chewables with Iron for post- surgery. Also need to get Calcium citrate chewables. And lots more Protein Shakes of course :-)

Good luck with your procedure! I am so excited for both of us!!

Hi! I'm guessing from your un you are barb?

That's great to have a sleeve buddy! Maybe we will get a few more. Will be great to follow.

I'm at 267.5 right now. Excited to get to 188, that's my last number after doing hcg. Then oh to be under 165, that's my first big big goal, never been smaller than that!

Your pre op diet is stricter. I don't have to limit food. I plan to just do just shakes the date I fly out the day before surgery. I picked up some unflavored syntax so I hope just adding that to Powerade 0 works well :-)

yep my name is Barb. And you are Lyla? I am at 240 right now - highest was 243. I would be happy with 188 and 165? I can't even imagine because it has been so long! I call this "Custer's Last Stand" for me - nothing else seems to have worked so this is it! What is unflavored syntax? I haven't heard of that before?

I'm Jess Syntax nectar makes a bunch of flavors, one is just called medical unflavored.

I miss the 240s. Lol but I'm hoping to bypass them next month!

Hi Ladies, I am also scheduled for May 30th at my local hospital. I'm excited and nervous.

My preop diet has been a real experience in low carbing (<50 carbs, solids ok). My surgeons assistant recommended I start the preop diet when we first submitted my paperwork so that when it came back approved we wouldn't need additional delay to set a surgery date. Well, two rejections and 6 weeks later, I was going berserk. Once we got the approval, my surgeon was on vacation for a week and we finally landed on May 30th. As of now I've been on <50 carbs since April 1st. I will have to switch to liquids only on Monday.

On Vitamins, my husband who had vsg last Oct has really liked the Centrum adult chewables. My dr recommended Bariactiv which is a specialty Vitamin until i'm able to eat solids again, then I'm open to any good one with Iron.

On weight, I topped out at 309 a few years ago and have been losing the same 50 lbs again and again ever since. The last time I was 150, my goal, I was 10 years old. I have no idea what to expect but I know it's gonna be amazing.

Are you preparing anything special to take with you to the hospital? Doing anything special around the house to get ready?

Hi welcome to our group! Where are you from? I am from Seattle. I am going down to Mexicali for my surgery to see the amazing Dr Aceves. You did a long pre op! 2 months, how much did you end up losing? That is really great that your husband did it first. Did he find out about it or did you find out about it and suggest it to him? I am not married but I think my brother would really benefit from this. He is a bachelor though and I'm not sure he would want to give up going out and drinking or eating whatever he wants. But he's a big guy and I would love to have him around a long time so I hope he considers it after seeing my great results. Let's all plan to post our numbers Thursday! I can't believe a week from today is the big day!

Funny you mention Vitamins, I was just at costco last night and stocking up on Vitamins actually! I picked up some regular adult to gummy vitamins (one a day I think? But they tell you to take 2 a day) and I actually saw that there were some probiotic Gummy vitamins and thought that can't hurt me either! So I got that. I am NOT going to take an additional Iron I don't think. It looks like the Iron in the multi Vitamin should suffice.

We should come up with a name for our group! I hope we can keep in contact and keep up-to-date on everyone's progress through this journey. I plan to start a video blog. I really enjoy watching the video blogs and I think it's good for people that are getting into it now to see one that's really current. I have really enjoyed watching less of Sarah and have to say I was up way too late last night watching some of her post op videos from right after to see how things went. She also went down to Mexico to see the awesome Dr Aceves.

Around the house to get ready? Oh my, I have been so crazy. I spent two straight days in the garden a few weeks ago trying to get everything is close to ready as I can so that there's really nothing I have to do for a while. I need a little bit more time this weekend doing some final touches but it should be pretty well able to take care of itself most of the summer after that. I am going to also try to organize my clothes this weekend according to size since I have basically been wearing the same couple of outfits for a while now because nothing else fit! I did HCG a few years ago and lost down to about 188 and got rid of a ton of my larger clothes, determined I was never going to go back. And..... Here I am bigger than I started so I have few clothes that actually fit. So the clothes that were smaller are sitting in there waiting for me and I have a little bit of intermediate clothes between 260 and 188. Beyond that size (14/16) I have nothing. So I'm probably going to try to take domains at work for clothes. lol I'm hoping that a bunch of my lovely fashionable clients will have clothes that they can donate but maybe they don't fit into any more either getting smaller or larger whatever the reason and maybe I can get some that way (and they will probably be better than what I can get!).

This weekend I'm going to organize my kitchen a little bit better so that I can make my Protein shake/ blender /vitamin area and make that easier for when I get back. Unfortunately I don't get a long recovery. My first day back at work is actually Wednesday.

How long are you ladies in the hospital? I was reading that some doctors are actually doing outpatient now and sending people home the same day. That really worries me. I am very happy that where I am going I will be in the hospital for 3 days.

Is everyone having to do a liquid diet next week? My Dr just has me for a week on low carb (I'm doing Atkins induction style, Lord knows I've for it enough times I know how it works) but no real liquid diet requirements. And after watching one of less of Sarah's videos last night I learned that Thursday night I will get to go out and have a regular meal (the last supper) so that is exciting! Lol

Anyone have fun plans this weekend?

Hi guys!

I am dealing with a family wedding in the midst of pre-op diet but it hasn't been too bad. Today will be a challenge - we are having the big reception with a lot of food and drinking and I will not be participating in those. Once my house full of company leaves I have massive cleaning to do to get ready for this Friday's surgery! I saw some photos of me in from the wedding and it just confirmed my decision!

Lyla - my hospital stay for the sleeve is one night so home on Saturday with no complications. I am glad you are doing 3 days before discharge. I had a friend you had plastic surgery down "south" and she had a wonderful experience and care. I am sure you will have the same experience!

We do need to come up with a name for our group? Any ideas?

Hi all!

Wow Barb, a wedding is totally tough. They never have many food choices and there is *always * cake! Hopefully the is a bit you can eat. Our cook up a ton of bacon for Breakfast and eat as much as you can. You won't want to eat or be hungry the rest of the day. Lol

I've heard nothing but good things about this hospital and doc so I'm excited :-)

Cleaning and gardening today. Ugh

There is a may 28-31sr sleeves group. Make sure you chime in over there! Looks like a great group of us

Lylabelle,

Can you steer me towards the group is?

Hi ladies,

Sorry for the delay in checking in. We are traveling 4 hours to visit my parents for the long weekend. I hear what you're saying about the wedding. In April I had both my husband and his daughters birthday parties, with cake. It was tough but I kept telling myself you can't fool your liver or explain why you need it not to swell up and expect it to listen! :)

Yes my husbands weight loss was a major factor in my decision. He never pushed me to get survey but after a few months he did say, "your miserable being big, I was too and I did something about it. You don't have to get surgery but you do have to do something if you expect things to get better."

It was my birthday yesterday and as my gift I got the house cleaned by a service so that was an unexpected hooray.

I live near Washington, D.C. And I chose the same hospital and dr as my husband and his cousin had used.

I also saw the other link for folks getting done this week and it's some more good dialogue.

Hope you both have a great long weekend!

I am scheduled for May 30th as well. I am from Oklahoma and I teach Special Education. School just got out Friday and I check out this coming Wednesday. Then I will hop on a plane Thursday and get sleeved on Friday.

I am excited but not nervous yet.

Speeder we are both getting to San Diego Thursday! But our driver arrives to pick us up at 11, so I'll be long gone when you get there. When do you fly home? I leave Monday around 1 or 2.