Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got sleeved May 15,2014

Sound great, really looking forward to connecting with all of you.

Glad to hear that you liked the Isopure RedsMomX3. I ordered some Isopure before my surgery but it still hasn't arrived. We can not buy it in stores in Canada yet (at least not that I have found). I am getting my H2o in but my Protein intake is sadly lacking right now. Some where around 30gms on average.

Every Protein powder that I have tried since surgery I can not drink. They seem way too sweet. So I am really hoping that I can manage the tastes of these. I bought 12 bottles of different flavours......

Hi there, I got sleeved on May 14th too. I am the biggest advocate of the Isopure grape. It is alittle sweet, so I fill a glass with 8 oz of ice cubes (= water) and sip throughout the day. After 3 glasses I've gotten 40 Protein and 40/50 oz Water. My DR was amazed at my recovery and ability to get all my water and protein. Each day gets a little easier.

Also want to mention, Unjury chicken broth, 20protien and 8oz Water. Tastes like Lipton. You ca do it girls you just need the tools and the willpower! Keep me posted.

After reading all of these comments it just shows how different each surgeon treats the pre & post op diet. I had surgery on 5/12/14 & right from the beginning I had to drink 60+ grams of Protein a day. I'm having trouble doing that but I got up to 50 gms yesterday. I'm still trying to drink enough liquids to reach 60 ozs . So far I feel really well. Little pain & no nausea. I'm so glad I did this & I hope everyone else feels the same. It will be worth it. After the surgery it's such a life altering experience & takes a great deal off attention to these changes. It took a week before I starting feeling better. BTW - don't overfill your stomach. I did this yesterday & it took a couple of yours before I started feeling like I wasn't bloated. Talk about a learning curse!

My Psychologist recomended nectar whey Protein Isolate - the flavor she had was fuzzy navel. Although they have many flavors. She told me some nutrition stores give discounts to BS patients but I found it on Amazon. Has anyone else tried the nectar? It definitely helps with hunger pangs and since I am preop that is very comforting during the day. i get my Water and Protein. NUT suggested Isopure but i found it to very expensive where I live.

@@Monarch1966 : I just got my nectar today...a sample pack from MyBariatricPal.com (10/$19.99), which wasn't too bad. I had strawberry mousse for lunch today. I mixed it in Water, and it was thin but really tasted good. The other Protein shakes I had were so thick, I can't even stomach the thought of them, but the nectar ones are quite good, full flavor, little to no aftertaste (that I noticed), and thin texture. It was like drinking kool-aid almost.

My NUT recommended Isopure as well, but also mentioned it tended to be kind of pricey. I haven't bought any yet to try it...it's not at my local grocery store, so if I'm not ordering online, I stick with what they sell.

I also had the sleeve on May 15th... Post-op day #6! WHOO-HOO! I too am finding it hard to consume 64 oz of liquid and 60-70 grams of Protein. I tried "Unjury" chocolate, vanilla, and chicken Soup Protein Shakes. The taste isn't too bad, but I'm just not liking them. Ugh... Any suggestions?

@@Heather_Feather I really love the stuff I got from Chike (samples are available on their website) and Syntrax Nectar. They're not as thick as the Protein Shakes I was drinking pre-surgery, and they come in a ton of flavors, so you may be able to find something you like better. Chike also makes a coffee Protein beverage...OMG it's good.

Sleeved on 5/14 down 19 lbs so far. I got some Premier Protein shakes from costco (SAMs has them too). They have 30 grams of Protein in them and come in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Pretty easy to drink a couple a day and get 60 easy grams of protein in. Can't start food until the 29th although I have nibbled on a couple of things. "This too shall pass"

Anyone else ready to eat anything? I'm so sick of all this sweet stuff, I'm going to lick a slice of pizza tonight! How about chew and spit, anyone try that yet?

Have you tried broth? I made chicken Soup and strained out the broth the other night. And tonight, I had a bit of (potato broccoli soup pureed to within an inch of it's life and thinned with chicken broth (recipe http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2124091 ) You can even add a bit of Protein powder to boost the Protein.< /p>

Sorry wrong post

Edited by garayjoh

I was sleeved May 13 2014. Here is the thing, your two weeks of Clear liquids totally includes your Protein shakes. Go to GNC and get GNC total lean, lean shake 25g. They have great flavors and it's not a thick shake so it goes down easy. You have to approach your on coming weight loss as follows. Low carb intake, lots of Water like literally sip all day, and move around.

I was only able to pre-op diet for 1 week because I was able to slip into a canceled surgery appointment. So I approached my 1 week diet like the Atkins version. I purchased Isopure Protein and mixed it with almond milk. This kept my carbs below 20 grams a day and this forced my body into ketosis. Since I was eating only 800 calories. I dropped 23 lbs before my surgery and 15 lbs since i was sleeved.

Trust me, you will start dropping weight. Just follow the guidelines given to you by your doctor's and you will be fine.

Got sleeved 5 days ago. Is it normal to feel bloated and still have gas pains?? And no weight loss on clear liquid diet? ? I'm in panic!! Please help!!

HEY THERE!! WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY, I WAS SLEEVED ON MAY 14TH,2014, I DIDN'T HAVE PROBLEM WITH GAS NOR DRINKING ALL THE AMTS REQUIRED, BUT NOW I NOTICE IT TAKES ME LONGER THAN 45 MINS TO EAT 2/3 OZ OF CREAMED food CAUSE I FEEL FULL RIGHT AWAY BUT HAVE NO TROUBLE SWALLOWING IS JUST THAT I GET FULL AND HAVE TO WAIT

It is normal to have gas pains! I had excruciating gas pains for about 5-6 days! They gave me a prescription levison to relax the stomach muscles and Valium to for muscle spasms that helped tremendously, and I also used maximum stretch gas X. It will pass soon. They also told me not to expect weight loss to show up on the scale for several days because of all the IV fluids they give you in the hospital. Good luck! You'll be feeling better within a few days!