Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I finally see the nastiness in people right here...I do not find this thread to be funny but instead find it degrading, rude and obnoxious. Now I know people are nasty no matter what shape and form they are in and here I thought wow this is a great place to get support and meet people that are like minded. I guess I am wrong...and I am glad I don't know anyone here in person and nor would I care to. I rather surround myself with people that are nice and kind. Just my 2 cents!

Edited by RNBSN786

I finally see the nastiness in people right here...I do not find this thread to be funny but instead find it degrading, rude and obnoxious. Now I know people are nasty no matter what shape and form they are in and here I thought wow this is a great place to get support and meet people that are like minded. I guess I am wrong...and I am glad I don't know anyone here in person and nor would I care to. I rather surround myself with people that are nice and kind. Just my 2 cents!

There are thousands of people on this forum and majority do not feel this way. I am one of those people...But I also have known Rev's for as long as I have been on this forum and she is a totally different chick then the rest of us....Her writing skills are the bomb. And she too like the rest of us can have a bad day and write about it...

Actually I am surprised that she has not responded to her own post because that is not like her either....I think I will cut her a break because I know she is a wonderful supporter and loves to help others as much as I do and others...I can't help but like her. She sees the world in a whole different light..And at times I don't agree with her but it does not change how I feel about her...

If you have a bad day or write something that others don't agree with I will give you a break as well. We have no idea what is going on in others minds or lives that make them speak out....I myself have done it and regretted it and hoped people would understand that I am human like themselves....It was yesterday. Today we look at the new thoughts and ideas that will help each other.......

I am glad you are here and I like others and even Rev's will be there for you.......She is a great lady and sometimes makes me laugh. Just at how she sees life.....

this is the rant and rave section is it not? i think MR can rave about whatever she wants. and people who dont want to read ranty stuff shouldnt be reading in this section.

Edited by moonlitestarbrite

dont read the rants and raves section then!

this is the rant and rave section is it not? i think MR can rave about whatever she wants. and people who dont want to read ranty stuff shouldnt be reading in this section.

And I will rant about the nasty people right here on this thread then and if you can't be a support then do not be on this site. And if you are going to say it's a free world and free place rant then be ready to take it also. Good luck!

Madam ...

While your post was very entertaining, you did make mention of one significant reason why people may not use the SEARCH feature -- it's terrible.

Most times I use it, and I'm very technical, I end up abandoning my effort and just not bothering.

The juice ain't worth the squeeze...

There are thousands of people on this forum and majority do not feel this way. I am one of those people...But I also have known Rev's for as long as I have been on this forum and she is a totally different chick then the rest of us....Her writing skills are the bomb. And she too like the rest of us can have a bad day and write about it... Actually I am surprised that she has not responded to her own post because that is not like her either....I think I will cut her a break because I know she is a wonderful supporter and loves to help others as much as I do and others...I can't help but like her. She sees the world in a whole different light..And at times I don't agree with her but it does not change how I feel about her... If you have a bad day or write something that others don't agree with I will give you a break as well. We have no idea what is going on in others minds or lives that make them speak out....I myself have done it and regretted it and hoped people would understand that I am human like themselves....It was yesterday. Today we look at the new thoughts and ideas that will help each other....... I am glad you are here and I like others and even Rev's will be there for you.......She is a great lady and sometimes makes me laugh. Just at how she sees life.....

Ms. RJ - thanks for your posting on the rants. You are right with what you have said...people should be able to rant and I also agree with you that some people are nice on this site and so is MR. Which I am sure is true and at times people just need to let it out and express how they feel. Trust me it also annoys me to see some redundancy but I just ignore and move on. Or I will answer and move on. But I wouldn't rant about it but then again everyone is different. I also feel if we make people feel bad about their postings then people will be scared to even ask. So why do that! Best to let this be a resourceful site and let people ask what they want and get information.

I really appreciate you clarifying things. And I will keep my mind open about things also.

I have used the search often and come up with "no results found". I don't know....maybe I'm putting in the wrong words. None the less, I approach this forum kind of like any other social media forums (ie. facebook). If I don't want to read it I just move on or remove myself. Really isn't that big of a deal.

I agree - the point of the forum is human contact - otherwise, you could just read a book.

I think the reason people post the same question over and over is they want to express their feelings/frustrations/joys and want a personalized response.

I'm guilty of that myself--I posted something about a 3 week stall yesterday. I did search beforehand, and voraciously read a good number of threads about stalls. I didn't feel that it was appropriate to just add my post as a reply to someone else's prior post.

@@Scylla most times old threads don't apply to each individual exactly. It's perfectly okay to post your own thread whenever you want. Also, just me if I see an old thread I'm less likely to even look at it.

Ask away, that's what this entire website was created for.

I agree with RJ...Revs is a great gal. She eloquently states her case and sometimes, in the rants section, will go off. She will defend her position and laughs at herself.

Another side of Revs...She is a great supporter of the people on this site. When I was just trying to figure out if I wanted to have surgery, I came to this forum and asked the redundant questions. She didn't berate me for asking, she helped me and gave me advice. She will help anyone - she's a great gal with an incredible writing talent - some may disagree with her statements, but that's OK; we don't all have to agree with everything everyone says. It's in the rants section - rant back if you want! And just as we all have the right to not answer the millionth question on the best Protein shake, we all have the right to ignore this particular thread.

Have a great Friday everyone...Keep posting, keep responding. We are all bound by this incredible journey (sorry, Revs, I couldn't resist). We are one big dysfunctional family - some days we play in the sand box nicely, some days not so much. Sending much love to everyone.

Muahahahahaha... My work here is done.

<wanders off back to her cave. Chuckling>

;)

I agree - the point of the forum is human contact - otherwise, you could just read a book.

Hate to be nitpicky about terminology, but this forum or any other "social network" venue like Facebook, Twitter, or even texting should not be considered human contact. Contact is defined as "the act or state of touching; a touching or meeting, as of two things or people". Unfortunately today's society has moved away from true human contact. Now we simply type on a keyboard, while looking at a screen replying to or reaching out to complete strangers. There is certainly no real human contact in these types of venues. No facial expressions, no tone of voice, no body language, no social skills whatsoever. Perhaps human communication is a more appropriate term. If you are looking for real human contact, you need to attend support groups or see a therapist or even just hang out and talk with your friends or family.

Heck, I could start a whole other rant about today's youth's spelling skills thanks to all the texting shortcuts that are used these days. How many even know how to spell laugh? (As in LOL) But for now let's just stick with the original rant concerning the pitiful underuse of this forum's search feature.

I have used the search often and come up with "no results found". I don't know....maybe I'm putting in the wrong words. None the less, I approach this forum kind of like any other social media forums (ie. facebook). If I don't want to read it I just move on or remove myself. Really isn't that big of a deal.

Same thing has happened to me. I'm pretty tech savvy, but every time I search something, it comes up at no results. So I just stopped searching.

If you don't like redundant topics, skip over them! Like other have said. For us newer members, it's nice to get support directed right towards us, instead of taking away from someone else's thread.