Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lol you could enlist the help of a cosmically sized combined harvester and I still don't think it'd do the sprinkling trick, honey ;)

lol you could enlist the help of a cosmically sized combined harvester and I still don't think it'd do the sprinkling trick, honey ;)

crap. i'm trying!

Good Lord, don't make me pull this car over!

Behave! Or I will tell daddy!

When I was your age, I never would have.....

Stop! Because I said so....

You're all grounded

To the "newbies" who are reading this post...don't stop posting your questions/problems/fears/etc.

It will do a couple of things...

Someone will respond in kind - there are lots and lots of folks out there that will help (there will also be people that respond that have no idea what they are talking about - take the good with the bad)

It will give Revs another opportunity to post something in the rants section.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Here's another suggestion for newbies and perhaps a little incentive to take MR's advice and actually use the search function on here. If you simply post your question, you are only going to get responses from people currently on these boards who happen to read your post. Yes, you will get some responses, but you are greatly limiting the pool of members that can offer help. I, personally, skip over the repetitive posts and don't waste my time typing the same response I've typed a dozen time. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So if you actually use the search function to find the answer to your question, you will find answers not only from members that wouldn't answer your post, but you will be getting answers from probably hundreds of members that have moved on and don't come on this forum anymore. They won't ever even read your post. It's like reading today's newspaper and expecting to know what going on in the world, as opposed to sitting down and searching through the last 5 years worth of newspapers. In which scenario will you find more information?

Another point of view is that someone may have NEW information ... Last years answer on the best brands may not still apply.

Here's another suggestion for newbies and perhaps a little incentive to take MR's advice and actually use the search function on here. If you simply post your question, you are only going to get responses from people currently on these boards who happen to read your post. Yes, you will get some responses, but you are greatly limiting the pool of members that can offer help. I, personally, skip over the repetitive posts and don't waste my time typing the same response I've typed a dozen time. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So if you actually use the search function to find the answer to your question, you will find answers not only from members that wouldn't answer your post, but you will be getting answers from probably hundreds of members that have moved on and don't come on this forum anymore. They won't ever even read your post. It's like reading today's newspaper and expecting to know what going on in the world, as opposed to sitting down and searching through the last 5 years worth of newspapers. In which scenario will you find more information?

Looks like the app needs to be improved .I use the app 99% of the time and you can't use the search function on it at all.

Edited by cutiepieinchi

Thank you Mdm R.! I appreciate your ability to write about the frustrations we all feel from time to time. I have to say the most maddening posts for me are the ones who, when you try to direct them to an existing post that have tons of feedback on their topic, say "I don't wanna look at previous threads! - I want people to respond to me!" Because that tells me they aren't here to learn, they are only looking for an ego stroke!

I hope that Newbies to do read this post of Mdm R's, because atleast if they want to post a 3 week stall post, they might preface it with a "I can see that 3 weeks stalls are common... But I would love to hear from those of you who have experienced it, I just need to hear that this too shall pass" (Note to self: save this post for myself for about July 3rd)

I have said it before and I say it again

Mdm R for Guv-ner!

Edited by SnohoGal98296

Another point of view is that someone may have NEW information ... Last years answer on the best brands may not still apply.

doubtful. the road is well traveled. but whatever. (you mean best brand of Protein Shake? ?? bahahaha!)

Edited by moonlitestarbrite

doubtful. the road is well traveled. but whatever. (you mean best brand of Protein shake??? bahahaha!)

Not that in particular. The point is, things change. Doctors get better or worse, food and Vitamin manufacturers go out of business or formulas change, medical opinion changes, etc. being brand new to this, I have no idea about history of those things but I am used to other things changing rapidly.

I was only suggesting a reason to keep dialogue open, and not trying to be rude. Perhaps I'm in the minority.

For the record, I'm not being a 'jerk'. If I wanted to be a 'jerk', i'd be going into individuals' threads, winding people up, calling people names and the like. Ringing any bells? I think most would observe, I haven't done that - even if by implication, you think I have. Humorously, I would hazard a guess - those getting most offended by my rant, are those most likely to identify with the pattern of behaviour observed... If that's you? Well, sorry, but this is a 'rant and rave' section (as keeps being endlessly repeated). If you don't like it. There's a door... I suggest you use it ------------------------->

I have read through this entire thread again to see If my remarks were off. Even as I read them again, Its clear to me my remark about "jerks" wasn't pointed at anyone in particular. However, in the context and flow of the thread I can see how it could have been read as me calling MR a jerk. It was a newbie mistake for me not to make it clear that I wasn't dissing her. So to MR and those who love her, I am sorry. Please let me know what else I need to do or say to clean this up with you. (Please don't ask for a 20 page paper that compares and contrasts Protein Shakes? ??? because then I'd have to start a Rant about that and we could get caught in some sort of Star Trek infinity time loop. And you know what a pain those are!

Maybe what you have to say @@CowgirlJane is very valuable to someone asking the question. And maybe you are the one that personally affects them in the right way. Each of us travel this trek differently and fear of failure and lack of trust in ourselves makes it difficult not to reach out at the time when you are panicking. Even if it has been addressed over and over again.. Even some of the worn out people on here that have traveled the road keep doing what they can to pay it forward.. I owe it to the people who helped me and others that are in my boots now.... So for now, i will try to help where I can and hope it helps someone somewhere.....

Please help me! i'm new here& don't know how to post my own post without tagging on someone else's HELP!! Thx, Pamela!????

doubtful. the road is well traveled. but whatever. (you mean best brand of Protein shake??? bahahaha!)

I don't think that all the t's are crossed nor the i's dotted on any of the weight loss surgery forums. I think that even I have been through things that no one else has endured or even heard of before. That the possibilities are never ending for complications and or defeats and or the victories over obesity....

Why how many here have had a pocket of Fluid form on their sleeve after 18 months and the doctor says it is a pin hole leak. Excuse me why would anyone have a leak after 18 months?????? Oh well sometimes it just happens..18 months later you say. Why yes! Then the drain they put in they remove after 3 days and the pocket fills back up and you go for your second CT and drain and then 10 days later you step on the damn thing and yank it out of your pocket..( leak ). Then you go for your third CT scan in 3 weeks and the doctor sees that it is maybe possible that the leak is closed anyway and takes the said pulled drain out and sends me on my merry way again. In hopes that maybe the leak problem is solved..Because it is to dangerous to insert another drain because of the position of the leak....

Have you heard of anything like this before in WLS a leak after 18 months...I bet you haven't......Now I wait to see if it is truly a miracle and the leak has healed....If not I will go for yet another CT which would be my fourth and yet another drain..That is not an easy procedure and start again..I am not telling you my story for any other reason but to say that information and experience of each and every one of us may be what we have never heard of before and may in some way yet educate someone else if and when they have a leak 18 months out of surgery......:)

For the record, I'm not being a 'jerk'. If I wanted to be a 'jerk', i'd be going into individuals' threads, winding people up, calling people names and the like. Ringing any bells? I think most would observe, I haven't done that - even if by implication, you think I have. Humorously, I would hazard a guess - those getting most offended by my rant, are those most likely to identify with the pattern of behaviour observed... If that's you? Well, sorry, but this is a 'rant and rave' section (as keeps being endlessly repeated). If you don't like it. There's a door... I suggest you use it ------------------------->

I have read through this entire thread again to see If my remarks were off. Even as I read them again, Its clear to me my remark about "jerks" wasn't pointed at anyone in particular. However, in the context and flow of the thread I can see how it could have been read as me calling MR a jerk. It was a newbie mistake for me not to make it clear that I wasn't dissing her. So to MR and those who love her, I am sorry. Please let me know what else I need to do or say to clean this up with you. (Please don't ask for a 20 page paper that compares and contrasts Protein shakes because then I'd have to start a Rant about that and we could get caught in some sort of Star Trek infinity time loop. And you know what a pain those are!

Please, please lets stop the insanity of this thread......I beg everyone! I am writing this while being high on Morphine due to my latest hospital trip....... :blink: :) :rolleyes: