Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian Bandsters

Evening everyone!

I just want to say I am SO proud of Country Music in these days of God bashing. The country music stars sing boldly their love for God and country and they stand up on national TV and thank Jesus and this makes my heart swell with pride for them. I am a great music lover. I love rock and roll, I love alternative. I grew up in a small west Texas town, learning to country dance by the age of 10 and I grew up where country music was heard around me all the time. I am simply filled with hope and gladness when I see these people stand in the face of all that is important and declare their belief. Thank you God for these role models!

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can,and the wisdom to know the difference."

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I pray that all is going well for each of you. Be blessed and don't give up!! :)

Cherea

My wife was banded yesterday! And she is doing better than I did. She is really making me look like a wimp. But I just thank GOD that she is ok!

Awesome! So glad all went well and you'll both be on your road to a healthy rediscovery of one another! Go God!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to drop a line or two. Below you'll find a little poem that has always touched my heart. Hope you enjoy it!

(There are many variations on this poem floating around, but the original is by Carol Wimmer.)

When I Say I Am a Christian

When I say, "I am a Christian,"

I'm not shouting, "I'm clean livin!"

I'm whispering, "I was lost, now I'm found and forgiven."

I don't speak with human pride

I'm confessing that I stumble - needing God to be my guide.

I'm not trying to be strong

I'm professing that I'm weak and pray for strength to carry on.

I'm not bragging of success

I'm admitting thta I've failed and cannot ever pay the debt.

I don't think I know it all

I submit to my confusion asking humbly to be taught.

When I say, "I am Christian,"

I'm not claiming to be perfect

My flaws are far too visible but God believes I'm worth it.

I still feel the sting of pain

I have my hsare of heartache which is why I seek His name.

I do not wish to judge

I have no authority--I only know I'm loved.

(additional verse not from the original)

I'm not holier than thou,

I'm just a simple sinner

Who received God's good grace, somehow.

Hello my brothers and sisters! I have been away for several weeks as I needed to travel for family business, and I have missed you all. It is sure interesting to read everything and catch up. I have had trouble posting here for a while because the new forum was not letting me stay logged in, I dont know if it was trouble on my end or not! Oh well. I must say that God is soo good.

I went to a family reunion, and I was getting ready for the great big group portrait. There were family members present that I have not seen for 40 years! Really! I felt that Jesus wanted me to lead the whole bunch in a prayer of salvation. Wow, I just said ok, Lord, you open the opportunity and Ill take it!

So just as the portrait shots were done, We had to make one or two announcements about addresses, and e-mail info and photo sharing so my cousin in charge of this let me make my "announcement" after her.

I asked everyone to pray with me even if they did not mean it but I wanted everyone to make it more comfortable for those who really needed to ask the Lord to be their Savior. After all God knows our hearts and if we were not sincere in our prayer, He would alone be the judge of that. Well at first when everyone began repeating what I was saying, it sounded so pathetic, almost mocking, but part way through there was a distinct change in attitudes. The prayer took on a very serious tone. At the end, there was a moment of complete silence, almost like, wow, what just happened here, and I could hardly speak, tears all over the place, and now we are ready for the eternal family reunion, come whenever it may, as Jesus in comming so very soon. (I know He is already here, but you know about the global revelation.)

I am so blessed, I cant wait to see the end results on that one. I just could not disobey what the Holy Spirit had laid upon my heart and I didnt care if I offended anyone. I only knew that even if only one recieved their salvation, that was worth any alienation from the crowd. You know that I did not get any flack from anyone? The sweetest thing is that one of my homosexual cousins had his significant other there, and that one fella was the one that came to me afterwards and gave me a hug. I told him I was the happiest that he prayed with all of us, as I wanted him to know that Jesus is his greatest champion. I know that God is the author and finisher of our faith, I know he is working in my family. I am so amazed and blessed. I wonder why I am so surprised again? He is so faithfull.

Isnt He wonderful?

I felt that Jesus wanted me to lead the whole bunch in a prayer of salvation. Wow, I just said ok, Lord, you open the opportunity and Ill take it!...I am so amazed and blessed. I wonder why I am so surprised again? He is so faithfull. Isnt He wonderful?

How wonderful!!! I am so glad that you obeyed the Holy Spirit's leading. God is truly awesome. I know that word awesome has been overused, misused, and abused, but God is truly awe-inspiring, truly awesome.

It is so funny how we are surprised when God does move and work. Like you said, I don't know why we are so surprised when He does what He said He would do. LOL. And yes, He is so faithful.

Bless you for what you have done. I know in my heart that you changed somebody's heart and eternal destiny in that moment.

Hi everyone! I am new to these parts. I am going to be banded on June 18th! I have debated and debated if this was the right thing for me, and with all your sucess stories and great statistics, I know this is the best thing to do for my health.

But, there has consistantly been a little voice in the back of my head saying "What will God think?" I am a very spiritual person, I believe in God, pray to the Lord, and feel that I have a very strong relationship with my creator. But, this little voice keeps asking me if this is what he wants... would he approve? I have always felt that God made each of us different and we are perfect just the way he made us, so by doing this am I contradicting this belief? Am I less of a person because I am fat? Am I not beautiful in Gods eyes because I have a high BMI??? OF COURSE NOT! So, why am I having this surgery???

I decided to check out more of the message board and came across this thread. I was so happy to see how other Christians felt about being banded! Like my title says above, a "weight" has been lifted off my sholders. I know now that this is not a sin. I am not being vain, I am doing this for my health! I am doing this so I can live a longer and healthier life!

This message board has brought me so much support! I look forward to keeping in touch with everyone I meet on here!

Hi everyone! I am new to these parts. I am going to be banded on June 18th! I have debated and debated if this was the right thing for me, and with all your sucess stories and great statistics, I know this is the best thing to do for my health.

But, there has consistantly been a little voice in the back of my head saying "What will God think?" I am a very spiritual person, I believe in God, pray to the Lord, and feel that I have a very strong relationship with my creator. But, this little voice keeps asking me if this is what he wants... would he approve? I have always felt that God made each of us different and we are perfect just the way he made us, so by doing this am I contradicting this belief? Am I less of a person because I am fat? Am I not beautiful in Gods eyes because I have a high BMI??? OF COURSE NOT! So, why am I having this surgery???

I decided to check out more of the message board and came across this thread. I was so happy to see how other Christians felt about being banded! Like my title says above, a "weight" has been lifted off my sholders. I know now that this is not a sin. I am not being vain, I am doing this for my health! I am doing this so I can live a longer and healthier life!

This message board has brought me so much support! I look forward to keeping in touch with everyone I meet on here!

I am so happy that we were able to help you out! That touches my heart like you wouldn't believe. You are so right. You're not being vain. Yes, one benefit of being banded results in the improvement of how we look, but the other benefits outweigh the cosmetic/outward improvements. If we continue to be overweight, we are shortchanging our lives...diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, joint pain, infertility, and we all know the list goes on and on.

Becoming a bandolina will improve our quality of life tremendously. I can't wait!!!

The band has been a blessing to me in so many ways; my health, my attitude, my self-esteem, my new willingness not to focus so much on myself. There is no question that God has used this situation (lapband) for the "good". I am a teacher - and I am so much better at being a witness of my Savior, because He has renewed my confidence and made me stronger! I say go for it! Maybe He will you it the same way in your life . . . to be a better "fisher of men"!!

Amen! And Victoriana, I am always so blessed by your posts! How I wished I had half the fervor and confidence you have in your faith and knowledge of God. God bless you and those you bless with your love for God and his glory!

Hello fellow Christ followers!!!!

I have not been on the site much lately.

So many new faces!!!

I will probably visit this thread for encouragement!!! Audree

Hello fellow Christ followers!!!!

I have not been on the site much lately.

So many new faces!!!

I will probably visit this thread for encouragement!!! Audree

Glad you're back. I'm one of those new faces. Haven't been banded, yet, but I can't wait.

P.S.--Your name cracks me up. That is something I wish I had...lol!!! I think I went to the bathroom when God was passing those out.