Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so what's more important, the water intake, vitamin intake or the protein consumption?

I just cant seem to make it all work. I must remember my vitamins!! I finally got something to put them in so I can carry them with me for the days I'm gone the entire day. Haven't taken the Citricals, even the petites turn me off due to the size.

I try to get in my Protein but I may only get 30-40, could this be what's causing my dizzy spells and nausea?

For my Water, I can barely get in 30oz. Water is hard to go down and seems to only go down with a huge air bubble accompanying it. Juices go down fine and shakes too but at 3 weeks out, should I already be expecting to meet the daily requirements or just keep trying?

I have a friend who calls her sleeve "Rockstar" because she never has any sickness or complications and she forgets to eat for days(she claims 4 at the most), she eats whatever she wants, whenever she wants, she drinks alcohol like a fish but no water at all, even smokes, never ever took Vitamins and finally got pregnant 2 times after trying for 14 years and at 6 years out, I want to admire her since she still loses weight but now she can do it on demand and looks great but I want to do mine the healthy way, I just cant seem to meet these numbers...

I already had a hard time eating which is why I thought this surgery would be perfect because I can eat less but it's like I have to eat so much during a day just to lose weight.....and I just cant force feed myself that way. 1 or 2 small meals a day works just fine for me....or a pill that allows me not to eat at all...I always feel so fat and heavy after I eat anything.

So if I can only force one...which is more important, vitamins, water or protein??

get liquid Vitamins that you can mix in your Water ( that is what i have done). They are all equally as important.

keep in mind that the majority of post op hair loss is due to lack of Vitamins. so try not to ignore them.

30oz of Water is better than no oz.

and if im not mistaken...protein drinks count as your daily Fluid intake. you need Protein. find a powder or premade one that you like and stick with it.

or get an unflavored powder and mix it in everything.

hope this helps

<p>I just cant seem to make it all work. I must remember my vitamins!! I finally got something to put them in so I can carry them with me for the days I'm gone the entire day. Haven't taken the Citricals, even the petites turn me off due to the size. </p> <p> </p> <p>I try to get in my Protein but I may only get 30-40, could this be what's causing my dizzy spells and nausea?</p> <p> </p> <p>For my Water, I can barely get in 30oz. Water is hard to go down and seems to only go down with a huge air bubble accompanying it. Juices go down fine and shakes too but at 3 weeks out, should I already be expecting to meet the daily requirements or just keep trying?</p> <p> </p> <p>I have a friend who calls her sleeve "Rockstar" because she never has any sickness or complications and she forgets to eat for days(she claims 4 at the most), she eats whatever she wants, whenever she wants, she drinks alcohol like a fish but no water at all, even smokes, never ever took Vitamins and finally got pregnant 2 times after trying for 14 years and at 6 years out, I want to admire her since she still loses weight but now she can do it on demand and looks great but I want to do mine the healthy way, I just cant seem to meet these numbers...</p> <p> </p> <p>I already had a hard time eating which is why I thought this surgery would be perfect because I can eat less but it's like I have to eat so much during a day just to lose weight.....and I just cant force feed myself that way. 1 or 2 small meals a day works just fine for me....or a pill that allows me not to eat at all...I always feel so fat and heavy after I eat anything. </p> <p> </p> <p>So if I can only force one...which is more important, vitamins, water or protein??</p>

First off don't envy your friend for starving herself, she may be losing weight but she hurting her body at the same time. Be proud that you're are taking care of you. I'm almost 3 months out and I'm still having a hard time with all of those things too. I gets easier :-) why would you take a pill that allows you to not eat at all? Small meals is better than a pill and nothing at all. Maybe your doctor can recommend a different approach :-)

get liquid Vitamins that you can mix in your Water ( that is what i have done). They are all equally as important.

keep in mind that the majority of post op hair loss is due to lack of Vitamins. so try not to ignore them.

and if im not mistaken...protein drinks count as your daily Fluid intake. you need Protein. find a powder or premade one that you like and stick with it.

hope this helps

This absolutely helps, never thought of the liquid vitamins. And I do use water for my Protein shakes and that 2 a day for about another 16 oz. I never thought to add that. I need my hair, Imma handle this today...off to Rite Aid for liquid vitamins. Thanks

I was horrible at taking medication before the sleeve. Now I have my pills (including Vitamins, B12, D, etc) in a pill saver on my counter next to the coffee maker. Before I can have my cup of coffee in the morning, I take my pills. And I haven't forgotten once. :-)

I also find that I need to add a little crystal light or something to my Water. Hope this helps!

<p>I just cant seem to make it all work. I must remember my vitamins!! I finally got something to put them in so I can carry them with me for the days I'm gone the entire day. Haven't taken the Citricals, even the petites turn me off due to the size. </p> <p> </p> <p>I try to get in my Protein but I may only get 30-40, could this be what's causing my dizzy spells and nausea?</p> <p> </p> <p>For my Water, I can barely get in 30oz. Water is hard to go down and seems to only go down with a huge air bubble accompanying it. Juices go down fine and shakes too but at 3 weeks out, should I already be expecting to meet the daily requirements or just keep trying?</p> <p> </p> <p>I have a friend who calls her sleeve "Rockstar" because she never has any sickness or complications and she forgets to eat for days(she claims 4 at the most), she eats whatever she wants, whenever she wants, she drinks alcohol like a fish but no water at all, even smokes, never ever took Vitamins and finally got pregnant 2 times after trying for 14 years and at 6 years out, I want to admire her since she still loses weight but now she can do it on demand and looks great but I want to do mine the healthy way, I just cant seem to meet these numbers...</p> <p> </p> <p>I already had a hard time eating which is why I thought this surgery would be perfect because I can eat less but it's like I have to eat so much during a day just to lose weight.....and I just cant force feed myself that way. 1 or 2 small meals a day works just fine for me....or a pill that allows me not to eat at all...I always feel so fat and heavy after I eat anything. </p> <p> </p> <p>So if I can only force one...which is more important, Vitamins, water or Protein? ?</p>

First off don't envy your friend for starving herself, she may be losing weight but she hurting her body at the same time. Be proud that you're are taking care of you. I'm almost 3 months out and I'm still having a hard time with all of those things too. I gets easier :-) why would you take a pill that allows you to not eat at all? Small meals is better than a pill and nothing at all. Maybe your doctor can recommend a different approach :-)

Thanks. I guess I just admire her for moving along with her life seamlessly without it affecting her health. I don't want to live like her but I'd like to live...i guess i'm just being inpatient at getting back to just living and not focusing on pills, eating and drinking every moment. I know it will get better and I'm impatiently waiting...."It will pass.."

I was horrible at taking medication before the sleeve. Now I have my pills (including Vitamins, B12, D, etc) in a pill saver on my counter next to the coffee maker. Before I can have my cup of coffee in the morning, I take my pills. And I haven't forgotten once. :-)

I also find that I need to add a little crystal light or something to my Water. Hope this helps!

I've noticed since I brought a pill container, I have them with me all the time and now should not be missing any....as of today! Crystal light, thanks for reminding me that I need that. Water is hard going down but with crystal light or anything other than water, I have no issues. That's weird.

I would not consider your friend a success...sorry..She is not using it as a tool. And it will catch up with her if she does not change her thinking.

All three of the issues you mention are as important as the other when you are in the losing stage. It will get easier. I know for me at first I felt like I was doing this stuff all day long. Now it is natural for me and all runs smoothly. It will happen for you as well.

Your going forward and using this sleeve as a tool and figuring out it will work best for you. There is nothing in life for free that is worth having. You are going to be so proud of yourself when you make the changes you need to make so that you can live a happier healthier life...Your friend is playing with fire. She is messing with her system that works when you follow the program and can cause future problems if you don't!

All the best to you! :)

hope this helps

This absolutely helps, never thought of the liquid vitamins. And I do use water for my Protein shakes and that 2 a day for about another 16 oz. I never thought to add that. I need my hair, Imma handle this today...off to Rite Aid for liquid vitamins. Thanks

if not, try whole foods..that is where i got the majority of mine and i got liquid Biotin on Amazon.com.

also twin labs makes a super b complex for anyone that has has weight loss surgery. you need those b vitamins

my Vitamins. all liquid form

post-45968-0-34252600-1400011562_thumb.jpg

more important, Vitamins, Water or Protein??

@@KeeWee

WATER at all times, always is the most important :)

but Vitamins and Protein are neck in neck

you should be drinking at least 64 oz a day

that being said...............

many people have difficulty downing Water immediately post op

lack of water "might" contribute to your dizziness (check with doc)

many people go through nausea :angry: not that that helps you any

i have heard on the board that drinking room temperature water works for some

some people use chrystal light

you should be counting your Protein shakes as liquid (protein too of course)

you have no problems drinking them??? thats great :)

at your early stage especially - you must FORCE yourself to successfully drink

some/many people have become dehydrated for not drinking enough :wacko:

you then have to go to the hospital and get rehydrated with IV's

i had to spend the night in the hospital

no fun :huh:

i'll never forget the day i had to go to hospital

it was Valentines Day 2012 !!!!!

DH brought me flowers and i drank them :o

LOL only kidding about drinking them

but he DID buy me flowers

he's a very smart guy - after all he married me!!!! :lol:

when your friend talks about her "rockstar", listen and smile and let her go on about her present success

if she tries to convince you of something just say something like "I am doing what works for me" glad stuff is going well for you with your plan

"we're all different and i am following my NUT/docs plan"

protein is verrrrrry important - water more important

never heard the question about which is more important, vitamins or protein

both are essential

i do understand how hard it can be to swallow "elephant" pills as i call them :wacko:

@@bellamabella gave a great suggestion about the liquid vitamins

your NUT might be the one to help you with Vitamin suggesstions/help

some people take smaller chewable vitamins i think

try everything, but you must get your vitamins in daily

i have my pills in a container on the middle of my bathroom counter

i take them after my shower

don't forget to take your vitamins!!!!

people have been shot for less!!!!!

once you are on soft foods you will get protein from eggs, vogurt, cottage cheese, soft cheese et al

you'll get a lot of protein from fish and chicken and steak too!!!!

keep on trying with everything - water, protein, vitamins - they are all crucial in their own way

i know you can do it

i see B) the determination in your pretty eyes

keep up the good job for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

40 lbs down since pre-op???

holy moly girlfriend!!!!!

you are aces

good luck

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

I am still confused about which Vitamins can't be taken together. I'll admit it!

I also have a pill container. Mine is for the whole week and has am and pm partitions. I take gummy vitamins but my gallbladder pills and acid pills are actual pills.

I used to only like my Water at room temp now I need ice and a straw. I drink my Protein Shake at 7am and have hot tea and water at work. I shoot for 30oz at work. In the evening, I shoot for another 32... It's hard! But it's getting easier :-)

As to your friend, I wouldn't compare because everyone is different and while I'm sure everything seeming so easy for her is frustrating for you, remember the goal is being healthy :-)

-MM