Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I personally have never been denied the use of my card. We have dined at Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, and The Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. I was charged the kids price each time. Another good place is Wolfgang Puck's at Downtown Disney. I either eat the filling out of a sandwich, or the toppings from a pizza. They also have an amazing grilled chicken salad with their signature dressing.

I only live 2 1/2 hours from the parks, and last year we had Florida Resident passes, we went fairly often, and I was able to save some $$ with my dining card, and had a blast.

This is great to hear about Disney. We winter in FL and it will ease my mind about visiting Disney. I need to get a card from my Dr. this week when I go for my first visit.

Ooh, good to know about the surgery card. I had only been going off of what I read since I haven't been there since surgery. Worth a shot

My daughter worked at Disney for 8 months and we are frequent travelers to MouseWorld. My first trip post-op was at 7 weeks and I could eat the food pretty much anywhere. All above suggestions were good. However, unless they have changed their policy since December 2013, they will not allow adults to eat for the child's prices at the buffets (such as Crystal Palace in MK) even if you have a card from your doctor. This really disappointed me as Disney is usually so accommodating for every other guest issue no matter how obscure. The manager informed me that they used to make accommodations for WLS guests, but no longer do so. We usually eat there every time we visit mostly out of tradition, but I just couldn't justify paying $40 for eating less than a child does even considering the "entertainment" of the character dining experience. We cancelled our reservation and ate at what used to be Pinocchio's Village Haus in Fantasyland. I also found difficulties ordering off the children's menu at Fort Wilderness Resort, although after some arm twisting the manager conceded to allowing it, but advised that Disney no longer does this.

You may want to consider renting a wheelchair or electric scooter as the parks are exhausting in the summer heat, even for the most physically fit, particularly if you are less than 3 mos. post-op. It will make the entire experience more enjoyable if you are not lagging behind your party or hurting and worn out from the strenuous walking (which can be as much as 10 miles/day at some parks such as Epcot which is particularly large geographically).

We are planning a trip to Disney in November, 2015 (I know---far off, but we have a cruise in July and another cruise in March for spring break!). We usually stay on Disney property and have gotten free Disney Dining the past two times we've gone.

Disney dining is great (especially when it's free), but I think we may end up renting a vacation home this time and just going light and ala carte in the Disney parks. I would feel so wasteful getting all that food on the Disney dining plan and only being able to eat a small amount of it.

I'm going to Disney World in October. I'll be 6 month post-op. I've talked to my two friends that I'm going with, and we're all going to share meals or I'm just going to get a Kid's Meal! I have the card just in case, but we're not hitting up any sort of buffets. $40 for a 1/2 cup of food? Can't justify it. Plus, my friends and I are saving money by sharing.

I'm incredibly excited to read this post because it seems as though everything I've searched about eating in Disney after being sleeved has been so negative. I've read some of the menus and can find something to eat almost anywhere. I'm not too worried about going over my carb count. Disney is such a rare thing and having a few extra carbs isn't going to kill me! That, and I really don't wanna get all worried about it. With all the walking that we do (my friends and I are there from opening to close and then go swimming...we take our Disney to the extreme) and the fact that I"m bringing resistance bands to do some strength training, I think that having food that I normally wouldn't eat because I'm so worried about carbs, will be okay.

We are planning a trip to Disney in November, 2015 (I know---far off, but we have a cruise in July and another cruise in March for spring break!). We usually stay on Disney property and have gotten free Disney Dining the past two times we've gone.

Disney dining is great (especially when it's free), but I think we may end up renting a vacation home this time and just going light and ala carte in the Disney parks. I would feel so wasteful getting all that food on the Disney dining plan and only being able to eat a small amount of it.

You could always go to non buffet places and share meals, and go to 2 places a day. Using your credit at one, and your travel partner at the other. If there are more than 2 of you, then use your credits for the group to have an extra meal or 2. We did this when we had free dining, we were there 10 nights and had 30 table service credits, it was my hubby, young daughter and myself (with a band at the time) my daughter and I split meals, and hubby had his own. So we only used 2 credits at each meal, so we did 15 table service meals. We LOVED Wolfgang Pucks at downtown Disney, they had the most tender steak I think I have ever eaten, and my daughter fell in love with asparagus there. We ate at the the Wolfgang Express several times, and loved the pizza, and the chicken dinner is perfection. It's 1/2 a chicken and mashed potatoes. It was enough for my daughter and I to have for dinner, and then we took out dessert back to the room for a midnight snack.

Also all the menus are available at http://allears.net/dining/menu that whole site is amazing for planning, recipes and menus that are updated fairly often.

I'm a travel agency owner whose agency specializes in Disney / Universal so please feel free to ask any questions!

You could also eat a bunless burger or only eat half the bun. Chef salads or similar are pretty easy to find. There are Breakfast buffet style in the resorts so that is easy (scrambled eggs and fruit or yogurt) I eat out a lot and travel a lot and I am only almost 2 months out, you just have to put more thought into ordering. There are a lot of options at Disney World, it isn't all bad. Have fun.