Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 1 surgery looking for a buddy to share journey with

Hi

I'm Jody from Canada, looking for a weight loss buddy to connect with daily (or so) and to share our ups and downs. So far my surgery has been pretty easy - no nausea, throwing up etc. I haven't felt hungry since before surgery. I've lost 14 pounds so far (up one today because I got my period I think). I love to cook. I love to eat healthy. I'm very realistic about my weight loss and body at the end (that I'm not 20 and will not have the perfect body). I know it will not be a easy journey but I really am feeling up for the process. Any anyone want to encourage each other and share our struggles especially as we go from the different stages of food.< /p>

Thanks

I haven't got on the computer to upload my photo into my profile. I want to lose 110 lbs... I'm new to this sight. I did have nausea the first 3-4 days.

Edited by BethannC

Hi! I was sleeved on 4/21/14 and would love to share this journey with you.. My surgery went well, but then I came down with pneumonia a few days post surgery and ended back in the hospital for 5 days. Not fun, but I'm getting back my energy each day. I'm also an upbeat, happy person by nature, but this has been a tougher first 3 weeks than I'd anticipated. I need to get back to work ASAP but am still pretty wiped out. No pain and no hunger, which is awesome. I've been craving really cold drinks. :). I hope you are feeling well!

I would love to share my experience with you i am almost 6 months post op and lost total of 90 lbs so far. I live atound buffalo ny and have family in canada u can inbox me if u want to chat

Hey! I'm from South Carolina. I had my surgery April 29th and down 18 pounds! I still have little energy and having a hard time with my Protein Shakes? Any suggestions!

Hey! I'm from South Carolina. I had my surgery April 29th and down 18 pounds! I still have little energy and having a hard time with my Protein Shakes? Any suggestions!

The Protein shakes are u having a hard time with it because it makes u feel to full or just the taste?. As far as taste designer whey and champion whey make very tasty drinks. I want something that is actual suppose to taste exactly wht it is suppose to like example strawberrys should taste like strawberry not something nasty.lol. but if thats not the issue and its that u can only get in so much just focus on lil sips i used a lil pill cups the hospital would give to put your pills in. It took me a few months for me to actual be able to drink a glass of anything but protein shakes did take me a alot longer. As you lose more weight your energy level will increase i started out at 330 lbs

Hi! I was sleeved on 4/21/14 and would love to share this journey with you.. My surgery went well, but then I came down with pneumonia a few days post surgery and ended back in the hospital for 5 days. Not fun, but I'm getting back my energy each day. I'm also an upbeat, happy person by nature, but this has been a tougher first 3 weeks than I'd anticipated. I need to get back to work ASAP but am still pretty wiped out. No pain and no hunger, which is awesome. I've been craving really cold drinks. :). I hope you are feeling well!

I have chronic back pain, I had back surgery a year ago. I've been off work and on disability. Sorry to hear of your pneumonia! I'm weak too!!