Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Michigan Bandsters

Guest jodirogers

I'm looking to be banded. My appointment with Dr. Pleatman is 9/15/03.

Jodi

Guest joy h

Im from Michigan, the Oakland County area. Been banded for a little over a year. lost over 100 so far and still losing. Has surgery at Port Huron. Its been a great experience for me. I would do it all over again. Eating habits are still hard to deal with at times but im still learning. good luck to you.

Guest Janet C

Just joined this site and I live in Jackson MI.

I want to get the band. Trying to get as much info as possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Janet

Hi Janet,

I lived in Jackson when I first started researching the band too. There were some doctors in Toledo just starting to do the band. I decided to have it done in Troy because the surgeon was more experienced, but it was a heck of a drive over there!

Guest Janet C

Ginger2120,

I see that you are going to Dr. Deol, I have seriously considered going to her. I have been to her web site and was impressed by what I have read. She seems very through and I was interested by the fact that you see a lifestyle change therapist. I would appreciate any insite you have.

Thanks,

Janet

Hi Janet,

I couldn't be happier with Dr. Deol. She is excellent! She works with Troy Beamont Hospital, and the staff there is great too. I see her again on Wednesday for my post op appointment. She works with Dr. Sampson Kpadenau and he is a doctor that does weight loss programs with people through Rochester Lifestyle Change, he also has a nutritionist in his office that you have to see if you go through Dr. Deol. These three people are all in the same building so they are great with appointments and I see all three of them in the same day. The psychiatrist she works with is in Southfield, but she's well worth the short drive to see her. If I ever needed a psyc. I would go to her.

If you call Dr. Deol's office (586-737-2810) you can talk to Rebecca and she'll answer all your questions. The only two people in the office are Dr. Deol and Rebecca, but I've never had to wait mroe than an hour for a return phone call if there busy.

I have had a wonderful surgical experience with Dr. Deol and her staff and I would recommend anyone to go to her! Too bad they don't pay me to refer patients!

Guest bandstergirl

I had my surgery done with Dr. Deol, at Beaumont. She is amazingly thorough. She seems to care and adds a personal touch to her practice. Her credentials are also amazing. Highly recommended.

Lisa

Guest bandstergirl

Hi Ginger

Happy to hear the good results. It sounds like you just had your surgery. I was one of Dr. Deol's first patients in Michigan when she first started in the Barcley's Circle location. I have already lost close to 60 lbs and couldn't be happier. I would start window shopping for new outfits if I were you. So much more selection. For the first time in many years, I actually paid a visit to a local longere store. My boyfriend is also thrilled. I thank God and count my blesslings each day that I am lucky enough to live in a day and age when this type of procedure is available. I was also blessed to have found Dr. Deol, by chance. I have found a new chapter in my life, as I know you'll discover the same. Be patient and follow the protocols given to you. I am truely happy for you. I only wish that I had found this site a bit sooner.

Best Wishes

Guest Janet C

I made my first appointment to see Dr. Deol next Wednesday. I was originally considerng CORI centers, but got a bad vibe and that is when I really started looking. Dr. Deol's program on her web site looked great and I have heard only good things. I really feel more comfortable going this direction.

Thanks for all you insights and I look forward to learning more.

Ginger how is it going? Are you doing well? Keep me posted.

Thanks,

Janet

Janet,

I'm so happy to hear that your going to see Dr. Deol! I think you'll like her, she's great!

I'm doing wonderful! It's been 12 days since my surgery and I don't even feel like I had it! Until I eat....I haven't had any pain at all and I can eat comfortably I just eat a heck of a lot less. I have lost 13 pounds so far! My clothes aren't falling off me yet, but they definetly fit better than they did 2 weeks ago.

I'm in the soft food stage right now, and slowy moving into the normal food stage. I haven't had any problems with food at all. I watch most of my food for low carbs and high Protein and no sugar. I have been drinking only Water because most juices have so much sugar in them.

If you have any specific questions just shoot me an email at Ginger2120@yahoo.com. I check it every day at work, but I don't have a computer at home so I rarley get to check it on weekends.

I'm so excited that I finally found someone that I could share my great story with about Dr. Deol! I hope you like her as much as I do!

Janel