Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

patience is a virtue I don't have

I started this journey in November I was told that lots of people had been trying to have the surgery for years and it takes time but I'm at the point now where I have done all of the prerequisites I've also gotten my approval from insurance but now I have to wait for my doctors office to call to set up the surgery date. I know that this is an exciting time for me and I've tried not to call my doctors office everyday, but when I do call I get this woman named Erin and she's so mean. I think to myself this is a life changing thing.This is going to change the course of my whole life, things that make me upset are going to go away. I'm going to be able to run around with my kids why won't you schedule this appointment for me. I know that the surgery is not a cure all for all of my struggles but weight has been a problem my whole life I can't wait to have the surgery. I've done everything at my doctor's office and insurance company have asked me to do they ask for an approval letter yesterday I called my insurance company and have them fax them one that they had already faxed them just beyond frustrated I pray every second that they'll call and tell me that I can set up my appointment. I know it sounds like I'm whining and complaining I just feel so out of control and I feel like the people who are in control don't have a sense of urgency, I know they have a full plate and I'm not the only patient. Ok I feel better I vented. I know it will happen.

Smiling at your post... You've got the right attitude -- sometimes we just need to vent! It's funny how we can sometimes get so anxious over a day or two when compared to the grand scheme of life it's such a short time.

Be patient and stand up for yourself when you need to.

Best wishes!

I started this journey in November I was told that lots of people had been trying to have the surgery for years and it takes time but I'm at the point now where I have done all of the prerequisites I've also gotten my approval from insurance but now I have to wait for my doctors office to call to set up the surgery date. I know that this is an exciting time for me and I've tried not to call my doctors office everyday, but when I do call I get this woman named Erin and she's so mean. I think to myself this is a life changing thing.This is going to change the course of my whole life, things that make me upset are going to go away. I'm going to be able to run around with my kids why won't you schedule this appointment for me. I know that the surgery is not a cure all for all of my struggles but weight has been a problem my whole life I can't wait to have the surgery. I've done everything at my doctor's office and insurance company have asked me to do they ask for an approval letter yesterday I called my insurance company and have them fax them one that they had already faxed them just beyond frustrated I pray every second that they'll call and tell me that I can set up my appointment. I know it sounds like I'm whining and complaining I just feel so out of control and I feel like the people who are in control don't have a sense of urgency, I know they have a full plate and I'm not the only patient. Ok I feel better I vented. I know it will happen.

this was (me) in 2012

i hounded my insurance and my WLS doctor

and let them hear me ROAR

stay with it

and you are right, it will happen

you go girl....rooting for ya

thank you guys for your words of encouragement I did just call my doctors office and I had to speak to Erin unfortunately but they told me that the scheduler or the person who does the scheduling for surgery will be calling me today or Monday I have a sad feeling it'll probably be Monday but I can wait just a few more days thanks again for all your positive support I do love this website for that very reason.

I was lucky. I got approved within three days of submission to insurance and that same day they scheduled me for surgery for 2 weeks later. You might ask to speak to the doctors medical assistant.....

Wow! I finally got my surgery date May 19!

Halfbella lol we have all been there and understand your frustration, I have been working on this since August of last year, I got my approval in jan of this year and my surgery day is May 19 we got this, I look forward to reading your post congrats on your choice to be healthy, have you began getting everything together , have you pack your bags ?

Wow! I finally got my surgery date May 19!

congrats girl....keep us all posted oh how everything is going. so happy for u. im waiting for surgery. my date is June 20th...waiting is hard but worth it

I started my liquid diet today. I am trying to look at it like a test drive of surgery. Its not to bad right now, but I know that 14 days of this is going to be intense. I am the most worried about the gas pains after surgery, and making sure my two small boys arr taken care of while I recover.

I started my liquid diet today. I am trying to look at it like a test drive of surgery. Its not to bad right now, but I know that 14 days of this is going to be intense. I am the most worried about the gas pains after surgery, and making sure my two small boys arr taken care of while I recover.

Hi Halfbella

My surgery date is May 19, 2014!!!!!! Literally understand what you went through as I too started this process in. November 2013. I did all prerequisites needed including the 6 month supervised diet, BTW I got lucky I was approved in month 5!!!! I felt like I was bothering the program coordinator; I would email her every week! She was nice; I think! Lol I start my pre-op diet Monday the 5th :( ! Tuesday the 6th I have pre-operative testing for surgery and pre-operative class for b-4 & after surgery. :) I think at that point it will finally sink in, that it's really happening!

I'm looking forward to following all of "my fellow #MAY19ers" journeys!!!!

I too am May 19th !! I started my 2 week liquid diet today also!!! Hope its not as horrible me as everyone says.. However I see a lot of people starting pureed foods before their Dr suggests because they can't stand liquids anymore... But I'm following Dr's orders to a T... If he says 6months of liquids then so be it... I just don't understand why people will go through the pain and expense of surgery only to not follow Dr orders.... I always say "my way doesn't work"... Time to follow drs orders !!!

I would say the liquid diet is difficult because you do have a addiction or love affair with food and all you wanna do is have that comfort so that's the part I'm struggling with and it's difficult because I wish I could just disappear from food but I have my two boys and I feed Breakfast and lunch during the day. Im just not doing well with the fact that everything I eat is sweet I need something salty. I am determined to be the person who can say honestly they didn't cheat for 2 weeks.