Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

So, someone mention a couple of days ago about mindset. How do I get the mindset back to dieting and exercising. I remember a year ago being so excited about this. Now almost a year later down only 35 pounds and only one size in clothes and I am not very happy. I thought I would definitely look different by now. I do not see any change at all. Some people tell me that I look great, I just do not feel great. I know I need a fill, I called today for it and the earliest I can get in is June 2nd. I can eat almost anything I want.

Sorry for ranting, but I needed to get this off my mind.

Rhonda - I think you have taken the first step!! Getting a fill that you need will make a huge difference. You have to go back to basics with the fill of liquids, then chewing chewing chewing. I'm not the model bandster by any means so I can't say much more than that!

HUGS!

Gen (wombat)

Okay, folks! My scale actually had me way up on the weight this week. (WAY UP) I really thought getting completely unfilled was a nightmare. However, according to last month's visit versus this Tuesday's visit at the doctor's office, I was only up four pounds. So I guess that's not too bad. I started a new supplement regimen that was recommended by my doc (he's REAL into sports and has a LOT of athletes come to him). The combination of things he has me taking, along with the timing of them with meals, workouts and rest, is supposed to encourage the body to naturally release stored fat for burning.

Now, either my scale is completely screwy, or I am dropping weight faster than I ever have before...even faster than my first month after banding. I'm going to monitor it very closely over the next week to see if the last two days' pace continues. It's too fast. The problem is that I LOVE IT, of course! We'll see...

Good for you Steph!

HuntersMom - you can come rant anytime you want. Everyone's experience is different and I think it helps to hear all sides.

Suzzzie - i am there with you - I started refluxing acid today - I have never done that before. I took my hubby's Prilosec, but it didn't help very much. I am scheduled with the doc on Wednesday, I definitely need a slight unfill! I just keep hoping it is going to loosen up before then, so I don't need it! I am VERY tired of liquids.< /p>

On a positive note - I had told someone the other day at my new job about the band - so she has only known me the way I am now. She said does it work - I said 130lbs later - yes it works. I took her my before picture with my husband and she couldn't believe it. She said when I told her I had the band, she wondered why I needed it. She said one of her employees is in the pre-authorization diet stage. I told her I am open to discussing if she wants to talk about.

There is a woman at work, that I would like to talk to about the band, but I don't have any interaction with her other than passing in the halls. I don't want to just walk up to her and start talking about it. There are chairs placed through out the building between her desk and the break room, so she can sit down to and from there. I know she is suffering, so I am hoping word gets passed around and she comes to me. When I get time, I am supposed to put an educational program together on woman's health. I plan on discussing weight loss and of course surgery options, so I hope she comes to that, if I don't get to talk to her before then.

supermomsday2.gif

Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there!! I am having my son, wife and two grandchildren for dinner. My dh feels I should not be doing all the work, but I enjoy it. I am making shrimp and chicken fajita's and dirt cake for desert with all light ingredients. I should be able to eat some of this, I hope.

suzzzie wow, my step daughter turns 13 in July and I hear your concerns. My neice who is now graduating from high school, was 20 on her my space a couple years ago when she was only 16!!! I called my sister in PA and told her, she was clueless. After that the pass word was shared etc. it is crazy what these kids talk about too. My dh is an only child and really has no experience with teens. he has two girls, 16 and soon 13.

I think you did the right thing talking to them.

stef wow, sounds great, what is your doctor's supplement regimen? I need something. I am so stuck too, but to be honest, I know where my faults are, eating Snacks on the weekend and a few coctails. that does not help things. And of course the big E, exercise!!!!

bigb GREAT work, I have a doc appointment tomorrow, Monday. I don't plan to get an unfil or fill. I am worried about my eating, most things are tough going down. First I was waiting to see if it was pre time of the month, but now that that has come and gone, the problem still exists. I want to work with it more, chew more, rather than get an unfill. I am not pbing at all, so I feel I am ok, What do you think?

both Rhonda's Hang in there, we have to, we have made a life commitment!! hunterm glad to hear from you too!

I live in virginia and we have had tornado's this past week, with in 5 miles from my house. My dh and I heard the alert and just layed there like 2 dummies! I can't beleive how the severe weather hits VA like it never did before. Scary!

well, off to do some prep for dinner. Enjoy your Sunday!

Ok all you site experts!! how do I get my picture on the side where you all have yours, and not at my signature? that pic was taken on 4/21/88 with my grandson!!

It’s been a while since I last posted anything, Our internet on my boat was down for almost 2 weeks so I went like almost a month with out looking and it took me at least a week to read all the posts I missed. But anyhow it sounds like everyone is doing well.

I am still having a hard time maintain weight. It seems I go up a few and I go down a few. But It’s really hard to keep it 3-4lbs on either side. This band has a mind of it’s own. Sometimes I could eat a ton of food and other days I have a hard time eating .25 cup of tuna. I now know what your all talking about with the salad. I cant get a bite down with out feeling the pressure in the chest. Another thing that don’t really want to go down well is V8 witch is strange because it’s a liquid. But for the most part I feel pretty well with my last fill. I am going in a few weeks to see my doc just to check in and make sure I am on track.

Well anyway I better get going I have a flight to catch in LA. I am going backpacking around south east Asia for a few weeks. I am very excited! I will post some pics when I get back. Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there.

Capt Dan

Ok all you site experts!! how do I get my picture on the side where you all have yours, and not at my signature? that pic was taken on 4/21/88 with my grandson!!

On the right, click on "User CP"

On the left, click on "Edit Profile Picture"

Danbo, nice to hear from you. Thanks for the MD wishes. I'm jealous of you getting to go on that trip. Have a great time!

Java, you look great!! Kudos for you for doing all that work. I know what you mean...if I had people to cook for I did the same thing. I may try to fix something even though I can't eat it, and there will be leftovers. I miss having my mom here.

MJ it's cool you can be an example to people now, and I know what you mean about wanting to share your lapband experience.

Edited by o2bthin

Dan - Backpacking in Asia?!?!? TAKE ME!!! I hope you have a great time!

Rhonda (O2B) - I only get 10000 steps and burn 3000 cals when I walk more han 2 miles in a day that I work, or more than 3 miles on my days off. Lol. So yeah, it's work. I never make it on days I don't do some exercise... which would be tha past 2 weeks cause of my reflux issues!!

On the reflux front - Going to the doc at 1130. I'm really looking forward to it! It's my freaking BIRTHDAY today and I want to be able to eat a peice of cake or something!! I wasat my moms all weekend and wouldn't let her cook anything for me, or make me a cake cause I couldn't eat anything. I nibbled 5-10 pretzels or crackers a day, and was thrilled when I could sip on 15-20 oz of Water - throught the entire day! I have no idea how I"m not severely dehydrated. My band feels fine, it's all the burning/lump in my throat. Its crazy. I'm considering taking out the whole 1cc I got 5 weeks ago... Just not sure yet. I'll talk to the NP about it before hand and see what she thinks. And of course I'll be here later to tell ya'll!

Happy sweet 16!!!! Hope you truly enjoy the day!!!

Question: Do you have to have a monthly or yearly subscription for the body bugg to work? What's the purpose for having a subscription?

birthday_spanking.jpg

spank.gif

Just wanted to get back onto this thread. You all seem like such a great support system for each other. I was banded in June 07 and have lost 85, but have been stalled since February. I recently started getting back into serious exercise the past two weeks and have starting logging all my food again even though I loathe doing it. It's been frustrating. Got an unfill in February and three weeks ago I got a fill three weeks ago after being too loose for too long. However, the fill, which is .1cc higher than before I got an unfill isn't making too much of a difference right now. So it's been a tough road. And not to see any loss after my fill has been discouraging. But I'm sure working out so much lately has caused my body to retain a lot of Water, and I know I need my thyroid meds changed, so I have an appt with that doc next week to get that taken care of. Hopefully soon I will start seeing some progress again. Keep your fingers crossed!