Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Suzz, I'd recommend you take stuff that you can munch on that's not going to make a huge difference in your daily intake. Nuts, apple slices, a nice large spinach salad, etc. Also, sip some crystal lite throughout the night, and AVOID the lounge!!! You can do it! You're worth it!

Lol. thats the problem - they had the pizza and brownies in the little report room - which is kinda in the hallway... har dto explain, but even the pateints were like "Do I smell pizza?" Grr.

And I DID take food! I had my herbal raspberry greentea, an apple, and some vegan chili over brown rice. Yeah... all together it would have been under 300 cals for that. Hahaa!!

ok - break out the gum and mints!!!! That stuff will not taste good over those flavors!!! As soon as you eat your healthy meal; pop in one of those! I don't know if you're allowed gum but some altoid mints should do the trick (if they don't burn a whole in your tongue lol).

Also try eating your stuff till you are full - you know then if you have one more bite you would be running for the nearest potty!!

And don't beat yourself up too much - most of that is Water weight from all the salt!!

{{hugs}}

wombat

Hi everyone

I haven't posted in a while. I was sick with H Pylori. I've been on my local message board and now the people on it think I should not tell people the problems I've been having and that everything should be positive. I've always said I love my lap band. I have had my share of problems but I think I've kept a positive attitude through most of it. The woman who is our after care coordinator has been so rude to me and when I mentioned it, you would think she had Saint in front of her name. So I'm now discouraged with the whole message board. I liked the support though. So yesterday I had surgery to remove my port and clean up an infection I've had since the lap band was put in. I didn't have any fill and haven't in months because of the H Pylori. I've done well but now I'm scared. I don't want to slip. I shouldn't because I have been loosing without fill but you know how your mind can play tricks on you. I also have a gaping hole in my stomach and get to play nurse and pack it twice a day. When I was deciding what to be in life, nurse and dr were out because I'm squeamish when it comes to blood. I have been dealing with a small hole for 2 months but when I saw this one for the first time today, I was shocked. I can do it. I can do it. I just have to get to my happy place and face the challenge head on. Thanks for listening. Has anyone else had to have their port removed?

hey, we're all here for support... if everything was positive all the time we wouldn't NEED support!! Sorry to hear about your troubles!!

Hi All - boy I have missed you guys! The new job is time consuming, plus moving the family has kept me away.

JoJo - You can say what ever you want as far as I am concerned related to the band - no one said this would be easy! You know my hubby has been there - no port problems though. I am so sorry you are going through that on top of the H.Pylori. Hubby got a fill last month and still has burning almost every time he eats, I think it is his stomach's way of telling him to SLOW down, chew and eat smaller bites! He has to sit for a minute, then it will usually pass and he can eat a normal amount of food. Insurance wouldn't pay for a breathe test to make sure his Pylori was gone, and with moving we haven't had time to get him in for another scope. I think he is fine, but would like to know for sure.

I have been having my own issues. Ever since I got to Nashville, I have been very tight. (Rhonda - very much as you described) The past week has been worse - enough that I called for an appointment. I can get liquids in, but very slowly - nothing cold. I was able to eat some meat tonight, but I am going to keep my appointment on Friday - I haven't had a fill since Sept and haven't seen a doc since Nov, so I am due, I think.

I hope to be more regular - I miss you all!

Missy

Missy - I'm glad your husband is doing better. Every time I think about what I went through I think of him and how he had it much worse than me. Also that you probably saved me months of them "trying" to figure out what was wrong with me. I think these message boards are life savers. When I finished my meds, the doctor did a stool test to make sure it was gone. Better than being rescoped. You might want to check into this. I asked him about the breath test and he said he didn't have it because it was expensive to buy what he needs. He said the stool test would work. Anyway, I'm so jealous you are way ahead of me now. I know each of us loose at our own rate and I'm loosing much slower now without fill and being able to eat again now that the H Pylori is gone. I will just have to get my butt out and excercise.

So I've been packing my wound and boy is it gross. I don't know how anyone can be a doctor or nurse. Kudos to all of you. I think it looks better but it is hard for me to even look at it. I'm going to have a huge scar in the middle of my stomach. Hey maybe that can become my new belly button later. LOL

Thanks for the support.

Jo

welcome back Missy!!

Moving is such a pain and a stressor! I hope your fill appt goes well; get you to where you can eat right :frown:

Jojo - you have done amazing!!! You have lost 100# in 7 months!!! That is FANtastic!!! {{hugs}} hope you continue to heal speedily

wombat

Hey everyone, I just wanted to check in and give an update. I have been stuck in my weight loss. Since 12/28/07 I have only lost 5 pounds. I work out at least 6 days a week and I think I eat good. I can eat more than most of you say you can but it still isn't very much. I was hoping to be at 100 pounds lost by the new year but that didn't happen. I am trying to stay positive but this is very discouraging to me. In December when I went for a fill the nurse said she wanted to wait 6 more weeks because of the problem with my last fill and having to get half of it removed. I don't want to wait longer because I am not losing!

NVALICIA----Don't get discouaged!!!!

I had hoped to be at 199lbs by Jan. 1, but I'm at 206---sort of stuck. But as I reflect, I've never lost 55lbs in 6/7 months in my life. So what I HAVE DONE is a blessing, but what I WILL DO will be greater. Just keep plugging, exercising and eating right. I will post a plateau breaker that was shared with me. It suggest that you do these things for 10 days. I did it for less than 10 days and saw results....check it out.

plateau breaker--I'm not sure if I've posted this here or on another thread...but here it is.

Do this for 10 days to break a plateau

#1 - Drink 2 quarts of Water a day

#2 - You must have 45 grams of Protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day

#3 - You may consume up to 3 oz of high protein foods, 5x a day

beef

pork

chicken

turkey

lamb

fish

eggs

low fat cheese

cottage cheese

plain yogurt

peanut butter

beans/legumes

You may also have:

sugar free popsicles

tea or coffee

sugar free soda

sugar free jello

broths/bullion

crystal light drinks

#4 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!!

#5 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily

BigBaby! That sounds like the BEST plateau-breaker I've ever heard of! Nothing gimmicky...just very straight-forward...and I'm starting it tomorrow!

THANK-YOU.gif

I'm gonna start it too!!!!!! I need to kick start this body again :redface:

Thanks bigbaby!

Starting weight 150 - we'll see where I'm at in 10 days!!

wombat

Wow it is quiet around here or is the website not working?

I hope everyone is doing well. JoJo your weight loss is amazing! I hope your wound heals quickly.

As for my appointment - well I heard the dreaded words - you might have slipped. I am going Wednesday to have a swallow to see what is going on. The doc will be there and take Fluid out - if I am slipped hopefully taking fluid out will let if fall back in to place. If not I am looking at a revision ASAP. Keeping my fingers crossed that I am just too tight!

I am off to GA today to visit my facilities down there, so I will check in after my appointment on Wed.