Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 weeks post op and I truly don't enjoy life post sleeve. Eating is so complicated. What to eat, when to eat, how long to eat, how much to eat. It's just so tedious and difficult it makes me miserable. I really wish I could turn back time and not have this sleeve. I'm just hating this lifestyle.

Edited by aNewTanya

OH boy I am sad to hear that I hope I don't think like that after my surgery...I have researched this and realize its going to be difficult and their will be times when I want to cry...but I hope you are oK ...feel free to vent...just about everyone on here as had problems with something

I am also sorry to hear that you are miserable. I do hope that you find a rhythm and can make this work for you.

I'm debating between the sleeve and bypass and hope to have surgery in August. I would be interested to hear other's "real life" stories and not just the good stuff.

Maybe your program has different requirements than other programs do and you can explore and find a system that works better?? I have had to branch out a little and go against my program here and there because it just made sense for my lifestyle. I am 3 weeks post op and loving it! I am in the puréed stage, which isn't the most fun but I also know it is temporary! Hang in there, I have a feeling you will be saying the opposite in a short time. It will get better!

A New Tonya: Sorry to hear you are having trouble to the point that regret has entered your mind. I had surgery on 4.18, I am still on liquids. liquids are not fun, I so want to be able to eat normal food. But you know, that will come with time. We didn't do this weight thing to ourselves over night and can not expect to wake up from surgery and have it all fixed. In my opinion, the changes have been interesting and fun. No hunger pains, eating by a clock, watching calories and Protein.....We can get through this and use this tool to finally get a handle on this weight situation. We made the hard decision to obtain the tool, now we just have to use it.

Mark

I have worried that I will hate the lifestyle post surgery. However, as a diabetic, I already have to monitor everything I eat - and diabetes is a progressive disease so life itself depends on doing things right.

I like to travel abroad for months at a time in the developing world,and I can't do that when I am tied to getting medicine regularly. If I am going to have to monitor everything anyway - might as well do it while thin and (hopefully) with the diabetes in remission so I don't end up with terrible complications later on down the road. I want to preserve my eyesight so I can see the next amazing thing.

It took time to get used to the lifestyle of monitoring everything as a diabetic. There were times I just could not stand to have to live this way for the rest of my life. Then I got used to it, and it wasn't bad at all. I could even see the positives in truly learning about nutrition and sugar and eating healthy. Now everything is just normal. I suspect this is what will happen with you. Please do let us know.

Edited by Starz_in_ze_sky

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling this way, but it will get better and easier. I haven't had my sleeve yet, but I used to have a lap band, and I remember those first few weeks post op. It's not the funniest time. Yes, at the moment your life is consumed with when, what, and how to eat, but it won't always be that way. First if all, as you heal, you will be able to eat a larger variety if foods. The rules you are following with also become second nature to you and you won't have to think about it so much before.

Just keep that in mind while you are going through this. It's not forever!

Coming from a large family holidays and gatherings have always been associated with food. This past Easter we had a big picnic with all the great fixings. As I approached the tables it was difficult to look at all the food and not want to eat some of everything. For a brief moment I became resentful. I took a deep breath and reminded my self that even if I could stuff my face with all this great food it would only be a few minutes of pleasure. Compared to the misery I felt being obese, wearing xx t- shirts everyday, looking in the mirror and hating myself. It would not be worth it.

Having the surgery does have some challenges, but I truly believe as time goes by your addiction to food does calm down and when you look in the mirror and see the progress you have made then YOU WILL KNOW it was WORTH IT!!

I am having hard time as well. I had my surgery on 4/14. I am still on liquids. 3 Protein shakes/day and Clear Liquids in between. I now know I am a true food addict. I think about it all the time. I feel hungry often throughout the day. If you can order the Unjury chicken broth protein packs they really helped me at night when my family was eating. I have my phase change tomorrow to semi soft foods and I can't wait to sit and have a meal. I never thought I would look forward to a piece of fish and veggies! It will get better, do your best. We are all human and will slip here and there but remember why you did it and hang in there!

I'm 4 weeks post op and I truly don't enjoy life post sleeve. Eating is so complicated. What to eat, when to eat, how long to eat, how much to eat. It's just so tedious and difficult it makes me miserable. I really wish I could turn back time and not have this sleeve. I'm just hating this lifestyle.

It really does get better. Try to look at the positive that is going to come from this. The longer you work at the easier it is to use your tool effectively. You will see the lbs come off, and at some point you will feel so liberated to not feel controlled by food. For the first few weeks of soft foods I lived on refried Beans with a little shredded cheese and low sodium taco sauce, string cheese, and eggs (either scrambled or hard boiled). after 7 weeks, I could tolerate dark meat chicken shredded and very soft green beans. It was all easier after that. I will be 3 months out on Sunday and I have lost 54 lbs since surgery, and bought a size 15 jeans today that were not in the plus size section :) I was a 24/26 in jeans from lane Bryant before this... Just hang in there. Soon you will be thanking your lucky stars for your second chance at life!

Hi I'm 7 weks post op I've lost 27 lbs...I know how you feel tanya but hang in there it gets better! I love my sleeve! No regrets here...it is very challenging some days are good some are bad...but overall I feel great!

My advice would be not to over think it too much. I eat the same as everyone else just a whole lot less. Whenever I go to my mom's for dinner she always wants to know what I can eat I always tell her "don't worry about it I'll eat something"

I drink a Protein shake for Breakfast each day(by choice). I eat some type of meat and veggies, tuna or lentil Soup for lunch and I eat what ever my family is eating for dinner minus the starch. Snacks are greek yogurt, nuts, cheese stciks,etc. sugar free ice pops, fudge pops or pudding as a treat. The one thing I still find difficult is getting enough Water because I jus don't want it.

I hope you find it becomes easier for you

I hear you ,i wish i didnt do it too i cant keep nothing down I am miserable i am 14days after

:-)

Edited by Pretty_In_Purple

I have not had surgery yet so I can't say how I will feel after, but I would just suggest going back to think about how life was when you could just graze all day or eat whatever you wanted. There was a reason you wanted this help, go back to finding the reason for it and that should be part of your solution. Good luck!

I'm sorry ... that sounds harsh, and I don't mean it to sound like that. But you wanted the surgery for a reason. If this was easy, everyone would just be sleeved and go on to do whatever they wanted and no one would have a weight problem. You know what your reasons are (mine is to live longer than 7 years). Hang in there and get your head back in the game ... you'll be fine just hang on.

Edited by SusinMichigan