Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all

Well it's been a year and I'm not very good at documenting or blogging but I thought I'd let you all know that I have nearly reached my surgeons suggested goal weight only 2 kegs to go till I am 90kg - down from 135kg.

Have skin removal surgery - arms and stomach - booked with Dr Kevin Ho in Sydney on the 4th of Sept - am not sure how I feel about this new body yet but will keep trying to figure it out - good luck to you all

Thanks @@nerms :) Well....I had my first appointment today. Initially I was seeing the GP first , but she isn't there as much now, so that was changed, and I see her next. This was the appt I was actually looking forward to, but she really seemed to be telling me repeatedly that they had to be sure it was the right thing, and that I wasn't guaranteed to be going ahead. I understand that that is a very important thing for them to establish, but I guess I thought that would come from the psychologist, GP and surgeon !!??!! I booked all of these appointments about 10 months ago ( I had to wait for my health ins to kick in) , so she was going from my stats from then.

As it turns out, she put me on the scales and I have gained more weight, as suspected. I nearly died when I saw the number, which I had intended to NOT look at....anyway, my BMI is now over 33, so I would have thought I'm kind of the 'perfect' candidate now, in that I am in that obese category. I've tried numerous diets, etc, lost & regained 20-24 kilos repeatedly, but I'm really motivated, and actually quite fit -I go to the gym 4/5 times a week. I also have slightly fatty liver, very high cholesterol, and heart disease and cancer in my family!

I feel really anxious now, worried that they won't let me go ahead. I mentioned my chocolate addiction, & she really latched on to that, as though that was what I needed to fix & everything would be alright - but I've tried to do it on my own, MANY times and then regained the 20 + kilos I lose - I just can't make it a lifestyle thing, which is why I want this -it's permanent!!! UGH, feeling stressed - I hate to think what I'll be like after the psych appointment !!! :lol: Again, I just want to know this surgery is going ahead and I can start focussing on making the best use of it!

Hi Caliali

I am also a low BMI before surgery I was so worried I was only 83kgs so I put on weight on purpose hoping the doctor would approve me!' I got up to 91kgs by my appt and was still worried so on the day I did something very sneaky I wanted the surgery so so bad as to me it was the only thing I had left to try!! So I put on ankle weights for my weigh in 3kgs so it pushed me up to a BMI of 37 my weight was no issue on the day!! I was approved!! The sad thing was I was waiting for the health insurance and keep putting on weight by surgery day I was 96.2kgs I was horrified I got that big!!! But hey the bright side is now I am 64kgs!!! 6months later!!

It's not the magic pill Hun tho I still have to work for it but you can't eat as much as before but I can still gain weight because I can only eat a small amount but you can eat small amounts every 30mims to 1hour and if it's chocolate and chips it's empty calories so you still have to be careful and sorry to tell you chocolate just does not fill you up so you could still eat a family size block so you will need will power to stop that craving!!! Or hope your sleeve hates the chocolate!!

It's changed my life Hun but I can tell it's not gonna be forever as I can already eat more so it's s few years of good restriction in that time we have to retrain ourselves to eat better and exercise otherwise regain will happen

Who is your doctor Hun?

Feel free to PM me anytime ????????

Hey nerms how did your doctors appt go!! Better to get a fill Hun that will help you!! You gotta look hot 6 weeks to go till that party!!! ????????

@@Bellarose100 Bahaha - I LOVE it !!!!! Well....I must confess, I haven't tried very hard since my original appt 9 months ago - I weighed 82 kg, so my BMI was probably 29/30, but I managed to put on 8kg - I can't believe I hit 90kg, that's ridiculous for me - I am living proof that it's what you put in your mouth - I do boxing, spin, pump classes, go to gym, 4-5 times a week and I still managed that weight gain :o Although, I had a sinus infection for 2 whole moths Mar-April, so couldn't go to gym then. My BMI is now 33, plus I'm 45 (for 25 more days...) and have yo-yo'd so many times and tried every diet under the sun, so I think (hope) I should be ok. I really just wish I had my surgeons appt earlier (it's Sep 21) as he is the one who will make the final decision.

I also have to wait for PHI, that's why I'm not booked in till Nov. Since then I have read & read & read, so I know it's not a magic pill (I've tried those - duromine was miraculous for 1 month....then didn't work ever again!!) I know it's a tool, but the fact that it's a permanent thing is what makes it so appealing to me. I am REALLY hoping that , along with the ghrelin reduction, my tastes will change, & I won't want chocolate, like so many sleevers I've read about!! chips are not a problem, only the evil Cadbury !!!! I'm going through Darebin Weight loss centre.

@@Bellarose100 Bahaha - I LOVE it !!!!! Well....I must confess, I haven't tried very hard since my original appt 9 months ago - I weighed 82 kg, so my BMI was probably 29/30, but I managed to put on 8kg - I can't believe I hit 90kg, that's ridiculous for me - I am living proof that it's what you put in your mouth - I do boxing, spin, pump classes, go to gym, 4-5 times a week and I still managed that weight gain :o Although, I had a sinus infection for 2 whole moths Mar-April, so couldn't go to gym then. My BMI is now 33, plus I'm 45 (for 25 more days...) and have yo-yo'd so many times and tried every diet under the sun, so I think (hope) I should be ok. I really just wish I had my surgeons appt earlier (it's Sep 21) as he is the one who will make the final decision.

I also have to wait for PHI, that's why I'm not booked in till Nov. Since then I have read & read & read, so I know it's not a magic pill (I've tried those - duromine was miraculous for 1 month....then didn't work ever again!!) I know it's a tool, but the fact that it's a permanent thing is what makes it so appealing to me. I am REALLY hoping that , along with the ghrelin reduction, my tastes will change, & I won't want chocolate, like so many sleevers I've read about!! chips are not a problem, only the evil Cadbury !!!! I'm going through Darebin Weight loss centre.

Yes Hun it's very easy to put the weight on and yes it's all about what you put in your mouth as I have not worked out for 2 weeks and I have still lost weight!! It's crazy! The sleeve is the best thing I have done for myself so thankful I can't eat much!!

I read about the girls in the U.S. Saying they don't get hungry don't crave this or that or how they're tummy doesn't like this food or that food, my experience was not like that after the surgery and my stomach settled I was able to eat all the same foods and was hungry as normal only change is I can't put much in at one time!!

Everyone's journey is different hope your appt goes well xx

Hi all

Well it's been a year and I'm not very good at documenting or blogging but I thought I'd let you all know that I have nearly reached my surgeons suggested goal weight only 2 kegs to go till I am 90kg - down from 135kg.

Have skin removal surgery - arms and stomach - booked with Dr Kevin Ho in Sydney on the 4th of Sept - am not sure how I feel about this new body yet but will keep trying to figure it out - good luck to you all

Wow well done Hun you have done so well!! ????????

@@Bellarose100 I can't wait...I wish someone would knock me out & wake me up on surgery day!!!!! I sent you a PM, I think !!! I'm not very good with technology!!!

A question I have for anyone who's reading this is who did you tell? and for those of you with children, did you tell your children? Mine are 13, 15. 17, 19, so I think they will figure out that something's going on !!!!! My youngest is a girl, and I don't really want her paranoid about her weight at this age, so I'm just not sure how to approach it, especially with her (plus, she's quite overweight...)

He wouldn't give me a fill :( he said I've been doing well.. 14kgs in 7 months he said was really good..

Slow loss is good loss but I am eating more than I was.. I've been eating really stupidly since Getting knocked back for the fill and now need to chill out a bit..

I can't complain though, I'm meeting new people and making friends... I feel good when I go out so its a very big difference.

I told my family and a couple close friends. No one else needs to know. I'm out having dinner with a new person and I'm struggling I'll let them know too so I don't look crazy.

It's nothing to be ashamed of, it's helping yourself!

Your kids will definitely notice something is up haha. Let them know you'll be eating healthier. As for the youngest, this could help her too :) you'll be making better choices!

@@Bellarose100 I can't wait...I wish someone would knock me out & wake me up on surgery day!!!!! I sent you a PM, I think !!! I'm not very good with technology!!!

A question I have for anyone who's reading this is who did you tell? and for those of you with children, did you tell your children? Mine are 13, 15. 17, 19, so I think they will figure out that something's going on !!!!! My youngest is a girl, and I don't really want her paranoid about her weight at this age, so I'm just not sure how to approach it, especially with her (plus, she's quite overweight...)

Hi Hun

I choose to only tell my husband as the judgement about taking the easy way out I didn't want to hear it or be gossiped about so that was my choice

When I eat I don't care what they notice because I just say I don't eat much these days hence the weightless

My kids are young so I didn't have to tell them anything but if you don't want people to know I wouldn't tell the kids and if they notice your not eating or eating small amount just say it's a new diet your on lol

He wouldn't give me a fill :( he said I've been doing well.. 14kgs in 7 months he said was really good..

Slow loss is good loss but I am eating more than I was.. I've been eating really stupidly since Getting knocked back for the fill and now need to chill out a bit..

I can't complain though, I'm meeting new people and making friends... I feel good when I go out so its a very big difference.[/quote

@@nerms that sucks

You must need a fill if you can eat more?? Is that how bands work??

14kgs is fantastic!!

Just keep thinking about that party hun!! We are getting very close to the 60kg!! Lol

Hi Guys how is everyone going?? :D :D :D :D

Haven't been on for ages as I have had a not so great year in the health department and wasn't coping too well so have let everything slide for a while. :blush:

I have had surgery just over 2 weeks ago and am now getting back into everything and am starting back at work on Thursday so I can't wait!!!!

Nothing to do with the Sleeve all is going well with that.

How is everyone going????

So many posts to catch up on when I get time :D

Hi Guys how is everyone going?? :D:D:D:D

Haven't been on for ages as I have had a not so great year in the health department and wasn't coping too well so have let everything slide for a while. :blush:

I have had surgery just over 2 weeks ago and am now getting back into everything and am starting back at work on Thursday so I can't wait!!!!

Nothing to do with the Sleeve all is going well with that.

How is everyone going????

So many posts to catch up on when I get time :D

Hi Hun nice to hear from you!! So sorry to hear your health has not been good I hope your well on the way to mending Hun

It's been quiet without you and chez hope she is going well also

I am doing really well Hun have lost 32kgs feeling so much better only 4kgs away from goal it's a lot slower going now ????

Omg 62kgs here haven't seen that in such a long time!!!!!

Still working to get to goal

Hope everyone is well ????????

Wow 62kgs :) that's great!!!