Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Bellarose100 Wow are you doing really well! Super recovery! If you're already walking so soon, you will do very well!

I'm down to 76.7kgs today! I've been hovering between 78-80kg for the last 2 months.. So to see that this morning was a lovely surprise :)

I'm 1.7kgs away from my surgeons goal weight and 2.7kgs away from losing 30kgs! He'll be very happy when I see him :) he's always so excited even if I only lose 3kgs in a month! (I haven't seen in a while oops...) I'll have to get another small fill before I go to Turkey in April that's FOR SURE! Last time I went I came back 10-15kgs heavier.

16.7kgs to first goal weight of 60kgs :D

I'll be off for another 10km walk today!

I hope everyone is doing well, 2015 so far has been amazing! Can only get better :D

@@Bellarose100 Wow are you doing really well! Super recovery! If you're already walking so soon, you will do very well!

I'm down to 76.7kgs today! I've been hovering between 78-80kg for the last 2 months.. So to see that this morning was a lovely surprise :)

I'm 1.7kgs away from my surgeons goal weight and 2.7kgs away from losing 30kgs! He'll be very happy when I see him :) he's always so excited even if I only lose 3kgs in a month! (I haven't seen in a while oops...) I'll have to get another small fill before I go to Turkey in April that's FOR SURE! Last time I went I came back 10-15kgs heavier.

16.7kgs to first goal weight of 60kgs :D

I'll be off for another 10km walk today!

I hope everyone is doing well, 2015 so far has been amazing! Can only get better :D

Yay yay congrats Huni that's a great loss!!! You can really tell in the picture!!

I just can't sit still hun so at 7am decided I would do a walk as I feel really good!!

Down to 88kgs so can't wait to hit the 70's then the ultimate goal of the 60's!!! ????????

Yes make sure you get that fill you don't want to un do all your great weight loss from your trip!!! ????????

@@nerms mostly I am using the desktop but I think I will try my mobile and see if it works better.

You look a lot different in that second photo......I always say don't get hung up on the scales, go by how you feel and how your clothes fit as it's usually a better indication.

I will go 1 or 2 weeks and no change on the scale but all of a sudden my clothes are too big and I start getting compliments....then a while later it will show on the scale.< /p>

I don't even weigh in every week now. So over it

I went to the gp the other day for my B shot and I am 92 on her scales....would love to be in the 80's but am not too stressed about it...it will happen soon enough I guess

@@Bellarose100 Glad to hear that all is going well and there was no infection

You sound like you are recovering fast which is Fantastic!!!

This "friend" I was telling you about rang me again to brag about herself for almost an hour the other day.....remember how I said she was mostly having the Optifast shakes to try to lose weight super fast.....I warned her that 8 months out is too long to be doing just the shakes and she should maybe try to eat properly.....anyway she has been eating normally for a few weeks and guess what....gaining weight.

Goes to show you can try hard to diet but diet's are only fads and only last for a limited amount of time.

Making lifestyle choices is a much better option......and better long term.

Another thing that surprises me is that she can eat a full entree size when out. That OR almost half a main meal which consisted of a whole lamb shank and some mash potatoes...I still cant eat that much so for her that is concerning that she can eat that amount in a sitting only 8 months out after having been on mostly shakes.

Another concerning thing is that she is now having Breakfast lunch and dinner with shakes in between.....not sure it's supposed to work like that as a shake is a meal supplement....oh well I can't tell her as she doesn't like to hear what I have to say....she knows best.

Also makes me wonder if different surgeons make the size of the stomach different in each patient??

Glad to hear your both going so well :)

Oh and when I refreshed the page your post came up about your weight loss @@nerms WOW not far to go

Well done too @@Bellarose100 What was your starting weight??

Go Girls!!!!

Wow, shakes between meals? Definitely a way to gain weight, extra 5-600 calories and shakes 8 months in? I didn't even want them 2 weeks before!! No way, yuck!

I hate the scales but I just can't help myself! I usually weigh once a week but some weeks I get a bit obsessive.

If she was really doing mainly liquids for 8 months there would be no way that she would stretch her stomach? And I doubt a surgeon would put a patient all through that to allow them to eat an entree so soon after! Then again, drinking shakes for so long and depriving yourself of food can send you on a food frenzy so she could have gone overboard and stretched it a bit.

@@nerms mostly I am using the desktop but I think I will try my mobile and see if it works better.

You look a lot different in that second photo......I always say don't get hung up on the scales, go by how you feel and how your clothes fit as it's usually a better indication.

I will go 1 or 2 weeks and no change on the scale but all of a sudden my clothes are too big and I start getting compliments....then a while later it will show on the scale.< /p>

I don't even weigh in every week now. So over it

I went to the gp the other day for my B shot and I am 92 on her scales....would love to be in the 80's but am not too stressed about it...it will happen soon enough I guess

@@Bellarose100 Glad to hear that all is going well and there was no infection

You sound like you are recovering fast which is Fantastic!!!

This "friend" I was telling you about rang me again to brag about herself for almost an hour the other day.....remember how I said she was mostly having the Optifast shakes to try to lose weight super fast.....I warned her that 8 months out is too long to be doing just the shakes and she should maybe try to eat properly.....anyway she has been eating normally for a few weeks and guess what....gaining weight.

Goes to show you can try hard to diet but diet's are only fads and only last for a limited amount of time.

Making lifestyle choices is a much better option......and better long term.

Another thing that surprises me is that she can eat a full entree size when out. That OR almost half a main meal which consisted of a whole lamb shank and some mash potatoes...I still cant eat that much so for her that is concerning that she can eat that amount in a sitting only 8 months out after having been on mostly shakes.

Another concerning thing is that she is now having Breakfast lunch and dinner with shakes in between.....not sure it's supposed to work like that as a shake is a meal supplement....oh well I can't tell her as she doesn't like to hear what I have to say....she knows best.

Also makes me wonder if different surgeons make the size of the stomach different in each patient??

Glad to hear your both going so well :)

Wow shakes for 8 months is she crazy!!! Yes for sure she will put on doing it that way in the long run you have done it the right way hun the way I hope to do by eating food real food just a lot less of it

Wow 92kg you are almost my weight hun well done you are doing amazing!!

my starting weight was 96.2kgs down to 88kgs yesterday morning and I had my 1st stall this morning I could tell it was Coming as the losses were dropping everyday that's how my body loses weight but in the old days I could have a big day of eating to get the weight loss started again I can't do that now so will be interesting to see how long this stall last! My calories are so low I did manage a few more cals in today!!! And will keep working on increasing them!

I had a b'day party tonight it was really hard as they had pizza and Pasta I wanted it so bad!!! But I didn't touch a thing as I know I can't get it in and don't want anything to happen I don't want to fail!

Once the food was gone I was ok as I wasn't hungry! Buy I was craving it I could smell it does anyone have this? Will it pass!!!

Edited by Bellarose100

Very down today and now I understand the regret feeling some people get! I put on 300grams today I don't know how as I can't eat and I did an hour walk!! I am staying off the scales for a while!!!

@@Bellarose100 fluctuation is completely normal, especially so early in!

Your calories will slowly go up a little after swelling subsides, and your body will adjust and the weight will drop again!

Don't be discouraged!

Ok Miss @Bellarose...why are you weighing every day??

300g could be a pee or a poo lol

Don't make the mistake of weighing everyday and becoming obsessed with the scales as it will mess with your mind

Try weighing 2 times a week if you can't bear to weigh only 1 time but seriously you will not be gaining weight.

It's not even been 3 weeks yet and you may fluctuate like @@nerms said and that is completely normal, and you will have a lot of swelling too

Please don't get down about 300 grams.

Problem with weighing in all the time is that you will notice little things and become disheartened. I know I have done it.

This is a long term thing not a short term thing so just relax and let it come off as it will.

At the start it will come off fast and your body will need time to catch up at times too.

Please don't get down on yourself as you are doing really well.

You have lost almost 10kg's already.....you should be so very proud of that.

Remember we retain Fluid and especially in the heat!

Thanks ladies just was not expecting a stall or a gain so soon! I am staying off the scales until I can see a visual change in the mirror I am gonna try anyway!

I just want to love this sleeve

????????

I am so over Soup and Protein Shakes I am in to week 3 any advice on what else I could have??

Are you allowed puree yet??

I cant remember exact times and stages for foods but I think I was on puree in week 2 which was great.

I made everything from spag bol to lamb stew and just made it like baby food.

I even did the cheese sauce on top of the spag bol and it was yummo

Anything and everything I put into the blender and just portioned it up and froze tiny amounts of it to eat at later stages.

Also baby food jars are handy with fruits and custards etc....but from memory it had to be like the 4months baby food stage puree and a little runny

I think week three was thicker puree and mash (or was mash week 4??)

When I got to mash my nurse gave me some great ideas as well as what was in the cook book we were given.

I used to cook a crumbed fish fillet and eat the inside of it with some mayo mixed through.

the outside of the fish is too hard but the inside is mushy and it was so good....Loved that idea

oh and tuna with mayo too :)

Its hard because we all get told different times to start different foods.

I will look up my book when I can find it

Did you get a book on what foods to cook and at what stages??

I don't want to tell you something different to your surgeon.

Also some ice cream and icy poles are nice too (you can get skinny cow ice cream which is diet ice cream and yummy too)

I had a look at my paperwork I am on full Fluid for 4 weeks so only 1 week and 4 days to go and counting!

No cookbook but maybe I will get one at the next visit which is at the 4 week mark!

You gave me some great ideas hun as I am missing spag Bol and potatoes so much!!!

Mmmmmm gonna buy some skinny cows ????????