Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes I didn't realise how much of a difference it was until I seen it like this! Do it, you will be surprised :)

Hi ladies. I messed up today and now I feel sick. Not tummy sick. Guilt and feeling bad about myself. Supposed to be on fluids only for two weeks. It's only been 17 days post op and I ate. At first I had a mouthful then spat it out. But later in the day I ate from my kids plates after they'd finished. Just a few mouthfuls. ..but still. Cheating is cheating and I hate myself for it. I just don't understand why I did it? Why I was so weak when I want this so bad? It's put my head in real spin. And now I'm paranoid I've messed up my stitches (mines plication not sleeve - so stitched not cut). :-( did anyone else experience this? How did you bounce back and pull yourself out? I like to achieve in work and study. It's killing me that I'm 'failing' myself already :'(

Will give it a go @@Pilbara Girl

@@wombatski you said you were supposed to be on fluids for 2 weeks and you said your 17 days post op....so thats more than 2 weeks???

What foods are you supposed to be on now??

If you are concerned call the surgeons office and ask them. I am sure they have seen it all before and they are there to help you.

No point beating yourself up about it now it's done and just try to be strong and stick to what you are supposed to have.

Believe me I have heard of a lot worse and I am sure the dr's would have too.

Give them a call and try not to worry

Oh I made a typo. I was 12 days not 17. I start mushy food today. I didn't call the Dr. I was too embarrassed. I put a heat pack on my tummy and drank lots of hot tea. Seemed to work. Fingers crossed I haven't messed anything up in there :-(

@ wombatski How are you going with the mushy foods??

Do you feel any restriction and can you fit less in??

In the morning I managed half of the European equivalent to Wheet Bix with actimil but was so full I didn't manage a snack. At lunch I managed 150mls spinach Soup but really struggled. I had some plain yoghurt for an afternoon snack but then was so full I couldn't eat dinner. So weird. I was so looking forward to eating real food bit then coukdnt manage it really. I'm also a bit worried. The first week I lost 4.3kg (not a lot when you consider I spent half of it vomiting and the other half on a few ice cubes a day) and the second week I lost nothing! In fact I think I've put back on the .3 bit it was only fluids apart from the day I cheated and had pork. I'm worried ill put weight on again now I'm eating food. But how is that even possible? Surely my body needs to burn more calories just to stay alive? Did anyone else experience this?

Hey @@wombatski, how are you going now?

I'm not sure, I haven't had surgery yet, but from what I have read, people's body's seem to have a slight shock reaction to the surgery and 'holds on' to the weight for a small period just after surgery. Sort of as if in reaction to the very large shock to the system, preserving what energy stores it does have, but then 'relaxes' again and you begin to loose in earnest.

I also have read that you have another stall in weight loss a few months after and this seems to be the body becoming adjusted to the new diet and food intake, most people being to exercise at this point which kick starts the weight loss again.

I hope it's working for you, try not to feel so bad about yourself having small slips... those dark thoughts can do more harm than good in the tricky world of food psychology.

Just promise yourself that you will be true to yourself and make it all worth it and also allow yourself a small treat occasionally and enjoy it without guilt, because it is OCCASIONAL. :)

Hi all

How is everyone doing??

@@chez has the hair loss slowed down?

How is the weight loss going everyone??

@Darwingirl have you had your op?

Congrats @wimbatski i home your feeling better ????????

I am now at the 7 weeks to go mark and counting!!! I so can't wait and glad it's going fast now!!!

Hope everyone is well ????????

I got another fill today so I have 5mls in total, I'm feeling some real restriction and am feeling so much better about the band.

I had lunch with my friend and could definitely feel that there was a lot more restriction, my plate was tiny and I was stuffed.. so I'm pretty happy about that.

Today I'm 81.6kgs which means that I'm just over the half way mark to reach my goal of 60kg. 22.4kgs lost and 21.6 to go!

I can't really tell much of a difference in myself and haven't got any comments on my weight loss. After 22kgs I'd expect at least someone that isn't my mum to say something. I won't let it discourage me though, I'm slowly getting there. My 21st is at the end of March and I'll be looking great :)

How is everyone else doing?

Also, what's with having to keep getting referrals to your surgeon from a GP? I thought it would only be a once off thing but apparently it expires in January and I'll need to get another one.

I got another fill today so I have 5mls in total, I'm feeling some real restriction and am feeling so much better about the band.

I had lunch with my friend and could definitely feel that there was a lot more restriction, my plate was tiny and I was stuffed.. so I'm pretty happy about that.

Today I'm 81.6kgs which means that I'm just over the half way mark to reach my goal of 60kg. 22.4kgs lost and 21.6 to go!

I can't really tell much of a difference in myself and haven't got any comments on my weight loss. After 22kgs I'd expect at least someone that isn't my mum to say something. I won't let it discourage me though, I'm slowly getting there. My 21st is at the end of March and I'll be looking great :)

How is everyone else doing?

Also, what's with having to keep getting referrals to your surgeon from a GP? I thought it would only be a once off thing but apparently it expires in January and I'll need to get another one.

Wow nerms 22.4kgs is amazing!! You have done a fantastic job!

No comments what's wrong with people they must be able to notice!! I bet you notice in your clothes!!

I cant wait to be back in the 80's currently 93kgs my dream is 60kgs as well keep up the hard work hun March you will knock everyone's socks off with the skinny new you!!

I have a referral for my son to have surgery that expires May I was told the same thing I would need another referral don't understand it either!

@@Bellarose100 You'll be in the 80's in no time!!!! :D

I'm surprised that I've had no hair loss, I'm almost 5 months post op.. wow 5 months that went by super fast.

I'm feeling bones again, in my chest, my hips.. my back, it's surreal and I'm loving it. My collar bones are back! I'm bruising a lot easier too, so much less padding and I'm feeling things a lot more. I love it though. I'm also noticing that I'm a lot colder, which I'm pinning on less padding too.

I did get a first "omg you've lost so much weight" from my friends mum, I guess it's because she hardly sees me and everyone else does see me a lot more often so it's not as noticeable.

@@Bellarose100 You'll be in the 80's in no time!!!! :D

I'm surprised that I've had no hair loss, I'm almost 5 months post op.. wow 5 months that went by super fast.

I'm feeling bones again, in my chest, my hips.. my back, it's surreal and I'm loving it. My collar bones are back! I'm bruising a lot easier too, so much less padding and I'm feeling things a lot more. I love it though. I'm also noticing that I'm a lot colder, which I'm pinning on less padding too.

I did get a first "omg you've lost so much weight" from my friends mum, I guess it's because she hardly sees me and everyone else does see me a lot more often so it's not as noticeable.

@@nerms

6 weeks and counting for me hun I can't wait to feel the bones again congrats hun you are doing so well! ????????

That's really good to hear no Hair loss I am hoping I will be one of the lucky ones!!!

Wow you must have been so happy to finally get a comment about your weight loss yay!!!

Thought I'd just upload my scar pictures from the band, 5 months in and looking pretty good!

post-194291-0-47986200-1419208785_thumb.jpg

Hey guys....not sure why but i got no emails to say anyone had posted then checked in ans saw lots of posts....whoops

You all sound like you are going so well and @@Bellarose100 not long now to go

@@nerms you hardly have any scars at all...WOW looking great and way to go on the weight loss too

OK so yesterday had Christmas lunch with the outlaws here.....well they always buy us clothes and I don't see them all that often,, maybe 10 times a year.

Anyway she got me an XL from mysize and said well I hope it's big enough for you...many words come to mind but instead I went in and put it on and came out in it....wish I had a photo it was like a TENT on me.

I said on I think this is just a little big.....she said oh it looks ok (Biatch)

YOU COULD HAVE FIT 2 OF ME IN IT!!!!

She doesn't know that I have had surgery and I would have thought that 40 almost 45kg was noticeable in a year but apparently not to her.

She then said well the lady in the shop tried it on and I would say she smaller than you and it fot her ok so I was worried it wouldn't fit you.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

On the inside i was saying to myself...who cares I am not an XL in mysize anymore and not because they are too tight for me like they once were....they are massive on me.

I told her that I was now a size 18 as I have lost some weight and all she said to that was...Oh right ok

Don't be disheartened about people not noticing as I am sure they do but are just too jealous to say anything

I am 96.7kg now so I think I am losing about 0.5kg per week which is good.....would love to be losing 1kg per week but am happy with losing weight and will take what I can get.

First Christmas with the sleeve....Just wish I had an unfill button for Christmas time.....so hard seeing all the lovely food but only being able to have about 1 cup full....but hey I would rather be losing weight than stuffing my face any day :D

We are having Christmas lunch at our place this year so catering for a lot of people....luckily I don't get hungry when I cook so this is good for me this year ;)