Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey chez your $5000 out of pockets did that include your hospital excess as well?

I have my appt tomorrow with the WLS doctor very nervous and excited at the same time!!

Hey that did include my excess. Hope you went well today

Hey that did include my excess. Hope you went well today

Thanks chez just working out the budget so I am prepared

It went well he explained all 3 ops that he offers he didn't say anything about my low BMI and said his secretary will call me to make the other appts! Then after those appts I meet with him again to see if I am a candidate so I am nervous now!

I think the next step is the big one. Going through and choosing your surgery. Good luck Bella.

Wow tarot that's awesome Leanne!! How's it going and where you doing it? I would love to learn. How's your hair going? I'm losing shitloads. This is my hairloss for today and I'm freaking out. post-183549-14125957300791_thumb.jpg

Hey @@Chez Don't freak out that was exactly what my hair loss looked like (and I cried and freaked out).......but trust me it gets better!!! :)

I was like that and it started a couple of months maybe 3 or 4 months after surgery, then it was bad for a while and now it's almost back to normal so it won't last too long.

And now I am remembering that it has happened to me with every surgery that I have had (not the minor day op's but the more involved ones)

I think that it has a lot to do with the anisthetic, and hormones play a massive part!!!!

I removed the bit about tarot on here because after I wrote it things went quiet LOL....everyone must have thought I was a freak!!!!

Loving getting back into it again and did a night of reading to the public with my class and got great feedback off of EVERYONE that I did a reading for....so it was a fantastic refresher course for me and I am loving being back into it

Hope EVERYONE is going well....it's been so quiet here lately so I guess no news it good news ;)

That's awesome!! Where did you do the tarot course? I'd love to do that. Not a freak at all hun. Sorry I've been so quiet I'm not coping great at the moment with the hair and other stuff I have going on.

Thanks for the reassurance about my hair. It's freaking me out. That's how much hair I lose every brush at the moment. It's happened for 3 weeks. I'm hoping it will be over soon. Trying to up my Protein.

I'm super happy for you getting your great feedback re:tarot. Super stuff xxx

So how are you going with everything?

Thanks chez I think choosing the surgery is a no brainer for me I only think the sleeve is the way to go I am scared of a band seen to many of my friends have trouble with bands and the bypass seems very scary to me!

Wow chez that's so much hair is your hair super thick? I so hope your right leeanne I have such thin hair as it is I don't want to lose more or any if I can help it lol

Are you ok chez no issues with the sleeve I hope? You still recommend Simon? I have my nut appt on October 20th I asked about possible surgery dates she confirmed December early Jan so I am super happy with the time frame.

Leanne sorry Hun I don't think your a freak doing readings is a wonderful talent I would love a reading sometime!!! How are you doing with your sleeve?

Darwin girl where are you would love to hear how you went as well

How is everyone else doing?? It's been very quiet in here

Hope everyone is having a lovely day Melbourne weather is improving finally!! X

Hey guys, slow weight loss for me. Up and down but never going over 89kg so I'm stoked about that. Weighed in at 85.5kg this morning so hopefully it goes down from here, next fill is soon so that should do me good.

My mum saw a surgeon that tried to get her eroded band out, he said he couldn't. She ended up going to another surgeon and he got it out easily about a week or two ago, she's seeing him again this week and it looks like their going for the bypass. Good news for mum! Hopefully by the end of this year she'll have it done!

I've been on another forum "banding together", it's Aussie and they have heaps of sleevers there too! Just thought I'd let you know in case you weren't aware! There's a lot more posts and a lot of info there :)

Hey Bella,

I know what you mean about what surgery to get. I walked in thinking lapband and walked out thinking sleeve. I have no regrets and still recommend Simon.

I'm lucky with my hair it's think but it's thinning. Still, even with that negative I wouldn't change my choice to have the surgery. Good luck with it all!!

Slow and steady Nerms. Good work mate. Awesome news for your mum too.

Chez sorry to hear you are a bit stressed.....it wouldn't have mattered if you had the lap band or sleeve as the hair loss would have been the same.

As far as what surgery to get @@Bellarose100 it has got to be YOUR decision and what YOU feel comfortable with....however I just think that you answered yourself in your reply about how you are worried about getting the band re issues that your friends have had, and that you feel that bypass is too drastic.......so that leaves the sleeve ;)

Just reading between the lines lol

For me I had major issues with the band and 18 months of reop's and just didn't feel it was worth it but depending on how much weight you have to lose could be a deciding factor too.

The sleeve is forever and if you have a bit of weight to lose or have always struggled with keeping weight off then its a great choice but it has to be something that you are comfortable with.

I still have another 40 or so kg's to go and have lost 45 kg's in total from my highest weight.

It's not easy and I am now working hard at losing weight which I knew I would have to do and it is coming off slowly for me....it's not a quick fix and I can no longer eat a normal sized meal but I am a lot healthier than when I had the lap band because I can actually eat whatever I want just in small amounts. With my band everything got stuck with one fill and with lesser fill I could eat whatever I wanted. I did lose weight but I was not as healthy as I am now thats for sure.

Thats my story though and just my opinion.....it is permanant and I am happy with that (most of the time haha)

Btw @@chez I lost the same amount of hair like you after I had the lap band too but it stopped after a while like this time :)

@@nerms as Chez said slow and steady is the best way to lose it anyway....fast is not best ;)

Glad to hear your mums finally found someone to help her :)

Wow @ nerms 85kg is great. Thanks for the info on that other forum I have already been all over it last night and again today lots to read! Love it!

@@LeeAnne yes Hun so true I did answer my own question sleeve feels right for me I am not huge (95kgs right now) been eating up a storm to weigh more for my appts (wrong I know) but I want this surgery bad as I can never maintain any loss long term so I know this tool will help me maintain for the long term!

It's been a busy day I had all the places call me for my next appts so got my

Nut appt 16th October

Psych appt 20th

Dr Jason galanos and bloods 21st oct it's going to be a busy and expensive month!

Then back to Simon for a surgery date I hope!

I did the same thing (eating to gain) because I was scared that I would be knocked back for not being big enough. Turns out my surgeon like to band people at around 92kg, so he made me lose all the weight gained or he wouldn't band me haha.. Crazy isn't it.

I got up to 104, so gained 10kg for it.. Regret it now, could have been 75 instead of 85! But i got what I wanted and would of ended up gaining that weight anyway as it wasn't that hard to do it.

@@nerms yes I am so scared of them saying no because I am to small but the struggle is the same and I still don't live my life to the full at this weight at this weight I feel like I am 120kgs plus to me I am massive I am just not use to this weight I guess!

I started out at 83 to 85 when I was thinking about it last jan so I up the PHI but I Sarum tried a few diets early in the year but all failed and ended up at 87lgs! So gave up bad decide to eat more to gain more so I can get this surgery!!

My plan was to get the surgery booked in and then get back down to 85kg before surgery but then I worry will the surgeon say oh you don't need it after all?? I just want this over I want out of my fat clothes I have nothing to wear!!!! And feel so crap!