Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily food schedule

What does an average day for food/drink look like for you? I haven't been very careful with my diet. For example, I take small sips of drink while eating even though I know I'm not supposed to. I eat things that are high in calories even though I am only able to take a few bites. I figure that of that's the only calories I have all day I should be fine. I sometimes don't get all my Protein in for a day. I am still steadily losing weight but I am worried that it will start to catch up with me if I am not careful.

I barely eat anything in one day. My average day is about 70 grams of protein. I space my shakes out. I will eat a 2 oz can of tuna with crackers for lunch and a few bites of whatever I cook for my family for dinner. For example, last night I had three bites of spaghetti meat sauce with a couple of noodles. Today, so far, I have only had Water and my Vitamins and a few wheat thin crackers(which have 230 calories per serving).

What would you suggest for me to get on track with what it am supposed to be doing and what is an average day of intake for you?

I too am 6 weeks post-op and here is my daily intake

7AM Scrambled egg (about 3 bites and I'm done) / 1/4 of a piece of Canadian bacon (or turkey sausage)

9:30 AM Cottage cheese (1 oz) and 5-6 grapes ( or some other fruit)

11:30 / 12 1.5 oz baked chicken and 1 oz of re-fried Beans

2PM 3 saltines with hummus or pnut butter 1 piece of string cheese

5/6 PM 2 oz of baked fish or chicken, 1 oz green Beans (or carrots or some veggie I can handle)

Throughout the morning between meals I sip on a Protein drink and then drink Water the rest of the time.

This equates to about 600 calories a day and there are some days I can't get that much in.

To get on track----I try to add a new food every week. I pack my lunch each night before bed and first thing in the morning I add everything I'm going to eat into My Fitness Pal. My husband and I eat together and if he wants something not so healthy I make something different.

To be honest I really don't like eating since surgery. While the food tastes good I'm just not hungry - I have no cravings, but my body can feel when it needs fuel - that is all it is. There are still a lot of foods I can't tolerate so I stick with what I know will go down.

Good Luck

I am also struggling with this. I just don't know what to eat!! I literally hate eating now. I am almost 4 weeks out and I am really having regrets. I can't handle the Protein Shakes so I'm practically living on Isopure & string cheese. I get my Protein in but I don't know what to make for my family for dinner. I am right now sitting here trying to find something online & stressing out.

I haven't had my surgery yet but I'm hoping that once I start on solid foods I can eat lean Protein and salads/veggies. My hubby likes rice so right now I always make that for him in a small quantity but I don't usually eat it myself.

My concern won't be "what" to eat ( even if its basic ) because I love to cook so I always research recipes etc and have some paleo cookbooks already - my concern will be "how much" I can eat. Unless of course, food just makes me nauseas - then, Houston, we have a problem! LOL

If you have access to a nutritionist I would get in touch asap and get some help!

The company I am going through has a patient facilitator to follow up with before, during and after surgery so I know I have support and someone to reach out to for advice after. :)

I actually have an appointment on the 6th with the nut again and I plan on asking for lots of recipes. I love to cook also but with my work schedule & my daughters activities it's hard to do a nice family meal a lot of evenings. My husband is trying to be supportive but I know he is getting sick of eating chicken & chili lol. I can't wait until I can eat salads but I was warned it might take up to 3 months to be able to tolerate it.