Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was banded May 2013 and lost about 23 pounds but since august I have gained it all back and more so. My band is filled to the max but I can eat with few problems at times and never feel full and yet at times I have stuck issues. I constantly burp even if I only have a drink of tea, I do not have acid reflux but the burping is unreal. Do I have a slip? My weight around my top of stomach looks like I am prego. I am so depressed and disgusted I go back to Dr. On tues but really to sure if he will care. He is not nice if you gain the weight back, so I am nervous. Is this a slip? At times I feel like it is.....the burping is driving me crazy..any suggestions?

Was banded May 2013 and lost about 23 pounds but since august I have gained it all back and more so. My band is filled to the max but I can eat with few problems at times and never feel full and yet at times I have stuck issues. I constantly burp even if I only have a drink of tea, I do not have acid reflux but the burping is unreal. Do I have a slip? My weight around my top of stomach looks like I am prego. I am so depressed and disgusted I go back to Dr. On tues but really to sure if he will care. He is not nice if you gain the weight back, so I am nervous. Is this a slip? At times I feel like it is.....the burping is driving me crazy..any suggestions?

So you've been banded about a year. Sounds like you probably just dieted well to lose the initial 23 pounds, then gained the weight back.....with little to no help from your band....

Sounds familiar to me! Have you had a fluoroscopy check to determine all is well with your band? Thats where I'd start.

I can tell you from my experience they can put a lot of saline in the band, and you may not have adequate restriction. There can be issues you wont know about until they actually SEE what's going on.

It's depressing and aggrivating to think we've went through all pre-ops, testing, surgery and then what.....seems like nothings changed and it's just a diet. I too, stopped going to my surgeon for over a year....I was embarrassed I had gained weight back as well. But I eventually did go back, and my surgeon was very understanding. After all, if I was good at dieting, I would have never needed the surgery. We figured out what the issue was, corrected it, and got my band adjusted correctly for me.

I'm sure your surgeon has seen similar cases where someone has gained weight. I'm glad you've schedule an appointment. Hopefully you'll find out why your band isn't doing what its designed to do. LIMIT PORTIONS and control hunger. It will do this....when properly adjusted. Best wishes!

No slip....my band had come "unbuckled". It happens....VERY rarely.

They could have put max fill in and it wouldn't have done anything to provide the restriction its designed to do.

Fluoroscopy showed it very easily.

Could be a case of dilation of the pouch or esophagus? Can I ask what your normal daily diet looks like for you to not lose weight. Be back in the morning btw.

I'm glad you're going to see your doctor. Make sure you tell him you had anxiety about coming back for a visit since you gained the weight back. No disrespect to any of the doctors and surgeon but, he is working for you.

Well he put more saline in my bad half a cc, not sure this going to put me even more so in the red zone..I will give it a try but may be more restriction which may be what I need

No matter how discouraging it may seem don't give up!!! Evantually things will come together, good luck!!!

<p>No slip....my band had come "unbuckled". It happens....VERY rarely.</p> <p>They could have put max fill in and it wouldn't have done anything to provide the restriction its designed to do. </p> <p>Fluoroscopy showed it very easily. </p>

. Is fluoroscopy another word for x-Ray?! Because that's what I got done to determine if I had slippage!!!!

<p>No slip....my band had come "unbuckled". It happens....VERY rarely.</p> <p>They could have put max fill in and it wouldn't have done anything to provide the restriction its designed to do. </p> <p>Fluoroscopy showed it very easily. </p>

. Is fluoroscopy another word for x-Ray?! Because that's what I got done to determine if I had slippage!!!!

I suppose thats another term for it. They use a machine that can see a contrast Fluid (barium, I think) flowing through the esophagus and through the band area into the stomach. Pretty useful, IMO.

Here's a link that describes it. http://www.hoab.org/fluoroscopy-st-louis-missouri/

Edited by catfish87

I had an upper GI yesterday and the Dr said the band had slipped up stating I had no pouch and the band should be further down around the top of my stomach not around my esophagus. So I will be seeing my surgeon next week. Has this happened to anyone else and what now??

I found out in the er last week my port has flipped. I had too much fill. I had 10.6 in my 10cc band. I was band Sept 28,2013. I've had to go in almost ever week for a fill. I tried to call my surgeon to see what need to be done. That was Thursday morning and I still have not heard back from him. My family is pushing to find another baratric Dr. I'm so confused and discouraged.

@@jammiebp I am really sorry to hear that your going through this and I would definitely be researching an other surgeon and Dr. for follow up care.

There are so many levels to caring for your band and though your doctors and surgeons should know better I have to tell you my friend that you also need to advocate for yourself. We should always know how much fill we have and I know not all Dr.'s and PA's like to give that information because they don't want the bandster to get "hung up" on it, but I think it is something we need to know. It is also our responsibility to know our limits and how to work with our bands, to eat the foods that keep us satiated and no eat around the band. No matter what WLS you have you can always self sabotage and eat around it if you want to, and you will not lose and you can hurt yourself as well.

I am not putting the blame on you, so don't take it that. Just telling you that no matter what you do in the future...don't just trust blindly always question and speak up when you don't understand something or have someone do it on your behalf if you can't. We have to advocate for our health and our care.

Good luck and speedy recover to you!