Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need new meal ideas!

I work full time, and find it hard to not only eat 3 meals a day, but since I work at a pizza place, I find myself eating nothing but pizza for days on end. I'm not usually hungry, but I need some ideas for quick, easy, and healthy meals. My restriction is still there, I can only eat a cup of food or so at a time. Any ideas? Ps, I'm not a big fan of meat; it upsets my new tummy :(

If you like eggs and they don't irritate your tummy I find soft boiled egg (you can do medium too but my nut said stay away from hard boiled for a while) to be tasty and quick. You can add some avocado if you like that. Soft boiled eggs are filling and high in Protein. All my other ideas that came to mind involve meat. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

@wwled meat upsets my tummy too..... I don't have any ideas..... Can you still lose weight eating pizza every day? Are you??

I'm still losing, but it's stopped dropping as quickly as before. I noticed though, the more I eat a day, the more I lose. I know that sounds weird haha

If you like eggs and they don't irritate your tummy I find soft boiled egg (you can do medium too but my nut said stay away from hard boiled for a while) to be tasty and quick. You can add some avocado if you like that. Soft boiled eggs are filling and high in Protein. All my other ideas that came to mind involve meat. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

I'll definitely try that :) I need to meet my Protein and I know eggs are a good way to do it, thanks for the suggestion :)

Do you like Beans? Tofu? I make a cheese and refried bean quesadilla, and I top it with chopped avocado. eggs are good, try them chopped and added to a dark greens salad with some low fat cheese, and a yogurt based dressing for added Protein. I eat P3 from oscar mayer they are 2 oz packs with cheese meat and nuts, I know you don't do meat, but maybe make your own little packs with cheese, nuts, boiled eggs. Grab and go makes for easier adherence than eating on the fly.

Have you tried Pinterest? I have a ton of recipes on my Gastric sleeve healthy eats board! here is the link http://www.pinterest.com/frenchiew/gastric-sleeve-healthy-eats/

I'm not allowed carbs yet, so I have some carb free ideas.

Shrimp cocktail (very high in protein)

Refried Beans with taco sauce and covered in cheese--I also add a little taco meat, but you don't have to

Boiled eggs made into egg salad

chili (can make meat free but I noticed that the meat is soft if you crockpot all day)

Cottage cheese with fruit (I love with cour apple, cinnamon and a packet of splenda)

Greek yogurt with Kashi Go Lean Cereal

Try more Protein Drinks !! And how about tuna pre make it how about chicken fingers not deep fryed throw them in the oven and bake or bring fish !!

I'll definitely try all of these. chicken fingers tend to make me sick, as well as fish that has breaking on it. Even if I put it in the oven the breading is way too much.

Peanut Butter and bananas/carrots/apples? smoothies made with Protein shake and fruit or yogurt? I don't do cottage cheese, but know a lot of sleevers love it. Also what about meat substitutes? Morning star makes some great meat free sausages, and "burger patties" they are soy, but loaded with Protein. Is there any meat you can do? Can you do chicken salad? What about shaved ham/beef/turkey like from the deli? I take shredded turkey or beef and a jar of premade gravy and warm them up together, then serve them with mock mashed potatoes. (pureed cauliflower), I use some greek cream cheese in the mock potatoes for that creamy consistency and to make them richer.

I work full time, and find it hard to not only eat 3 meals a day, but since I work at a pizza place, I find myself eating nothing but pizza for days on end. I'm not usually hungry, but I need some ideas for quick, easy, and healthy meals. My restriction is still there, I can only eat a cup of food or so at a time. Any ideas? Ps, I'm not a big fan of meat; it upsets my new tummy :(

Go to GNC get the GNC Brand protine drink if you don't eat a lot of meat drink 3 times a day with either soy milk or non fat milk, get lunch meat like turkey, chicken, Greek yogurt, you can do it Sara

I was just told to avoid soy milk, it is being linked to breast cancer, instead my dr said use almond milk, or rice milk. They may be a bit higher in fat or calories depending on which you choose, but they are safer.