Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 RNY/Bypass Post Op Support

I am one day post op in Tijuana Mexico my back has been killing me and my drain line is dore aside from that I feel pretty goof

Hey everyone glad to hear everyone is getting along so well! I am 10 days post op and still a little sore but not hurting. I am to the point I want food. Like maybe an egg with some cheese yummmm, or even yogurt. I was on a two week liquid diet before and lost 14 pounds and currently on a two week liquid diet. In 10 days I have lost 20 pounds. So a total of 34 pounds!! Less hip less hip hooray!!! I don't have much energy because I can't seem to get all the needed Protein in. They are so sweet and I am just sick of sweetness!!!! 4 more days, is what I keep telling myself!

Edited by mcmedic13

Hi New Me, My Daughter and Grand Daughter had a gastric sleeve done almost 1 year ago in Tijwana , Mexico. I went as their care giver. I think their big pain was also their back. I believe it is from the co2 gas caused the pain that they used in surgery. Within a couple of days they were doing well, but they walked, walked, walked, and walked some more. They have done extremely well grand daughter has lost 111 lb daughter almost that much. Hang in there it will be better.

I'm six days postop. I've been very lucky; no nausea, no real pain. I'm really not liking Protein Shakes right now. I ordered Unjury and hope it gives me better options. I have lost 9 lbs since Monday. I have approx 100 lbs to lose. Good luck all.

I had Rny on 4/21. I'm so grateful to not have any issues. No nausea or cramping. I'm super thirsty though.

I had Rny on 4/21. I'm so grateful to not have any issues. No nausea or cramping. I'm super thirsty though.

Hey everyone, I'm exactly 3 weeks post op today! I have been feeling GREAT! No pain since 5days post op other then some soreness. I went back to week last Monday so it was 13 days post op & I did great (office work) other then feeling like I had no energy 1/2 way thru the day! I have not had any nausea since I left the hospital. At my 1 week post op appt my dr have me my new menu which consists of scrambled egg, cheese, yogurt, vegetarian refried Beans, mashed potatoes, tuna, & grilled fish. I have been doing great with all the above I've tried! When I go to my 1 month post op next week I get a new menu. I can't wait. I'm getting tired of the same 7 items lol. I lost 21 lbs the first 2 weeks post op & then gained 1.5 lbs & have stayed at that weight the last 6 days. My clothes are definately getting loose on me. I have dropped 1 size. I hope everyone else is doing good & good luck to u all. I will keep u updated!

I had Rny on 4/21. I'm so grateful to not have any issues. No nausea or cramping. I'm super thirsty though. I had Rny on 4/21. I'm so grateful to not have any issues. No nausea or cramping. I'm super thirsty though.

I have been getting down about 50 grams Protein & about 50-60 oz of Water daily & wake up every morning sooooo thirsty. My mouth is so dry! It's been weird. Hoping this passes. Lol

Mywishes85 you are a stud getting in that much Protein. I'm not getting anywhere near enough protein. drinks are gross. I'm eating yogurt but that's it. Luckily I can start on eggs, tuna and salmon tomorrow!

Mywishes85 you are a stud getting in that much Protein. I'm not getting anywhere near enough protein. drinks are gross. I'm eating yogurt but that's it. Luckily I can start on eggs, tuna and salmon tomorrow!

Thank u! But I still need to up it just a bit. At least 10 more grams a day. Sometimes I'm Just not in the mood to drink a Protein Shake lol

Hello friends,

I have been doing pretty well since my surg 4/7. I was doing really well and then on Sunday I'm having extreme pain on the right side of my belly. It still feels like I have stitches that are pulling. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't have this pain before Sunday. I'm walking a lot, but it doesn't seem to help. Someone told me I would regret this for about 2 weeks and This week I'm still regretting it. I can deal with everything else, I just wish the pain would go away!

I am 4weeks post op tomorrow and getting excited to leave puréed foods behind. I have been able to get enough Protein in with Unjury chicken Soup flavored protein and Isopure zero carb. The other Protein Drinks seem so sweet. Incisions are all healed but I still have a lot of bruising. The one heparin shot left a huge bruise the size of a goose egg and even now it is still the size of an egg. I lost 20 lbs at a lb a day but now have stalled. For the last 5 days I have not lost any.

It is great to hear of other people's progress and know I am not alone.

4 days post-op. So thirsty too. Hopefully leaving hospital today. Pain management had been an issue. We finally got it figured out then issues with hospital pharmacy. Ugh!! So I want to go home and deal with my local pharmacy.

I keep looking at my husband and saying I did it, really did it!' Excitement should be an emotion we are celebrating!!

I lost 20 lbs at a lb a day but now have stalled. For the last 5 days I have not lost any.

As terrible as this is to say, I'm so happy that you said that. It tells me that I'm not alone. Like you, I lost 18# in 18 days, then nothing for a week or so... I'm beginning to freak out a little bit, wondering what I'm doing wrong...

Hi All, I think (silly me) I miss counted and now ahead on my diet, but I am tolerating it well, and I don't feel so weak and getting more Protein. I was at a point that all the liquids and sweet stuff made me gag and was I on my pity pot, now I am much better. I look at other diets and post and there seems to be a lot of difference of what is on each stage of eating. Would you share with me what you are allowed to eat? I don't want to harm myself.

Hi All, I think (silly me) I miss counted and now ahead on my diet, but I am tolerating it well, and I don't feel so weak and getting more Protein. I was at a point that all the liquids and sweet stuff made me gag and was I on my pity pot, now I am much better. I look at other diets and post and there seems to be a lot of difference of what is on each stage of eating. Would you share with me what you are allowed to eat? I don't want to harm myself.

I had Rny on 4/21 and I'm on full liquids. Strained cream Soups, sf pudding, Protein Shakes and ff milk. Next week I start pureed.< /p>