Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Imus show suspended due to racial comments

Always, glad I could be of assistance! I'm sure Imus will be the president!

No matter who the president of the First Amendment fan club is, whether it be you, me, or Imus. I think whoever it was should be very proud.

Ok, so he can't call people names but we can call him "ugly old creep". Hmmm.....interesting.

What he said was definately mean and totally uncalled for. I must admit I had never even heard of this guy until all this happened.

I have a question though. People have been talking about is there or isn't there a double standard when it comes to use of words, etc. Remember that movie "White Chicks", where 2 black guys pretended to be white girls? I've only seen parts of the movie and it was good, but my question is.....what would happen if some white guys made a movie called "Black Chicks" and did the same type of thing? Would that be OK or would there be an outrage? I'm just really curious because I do believe there is a bit of a double standard and that's ok by me.

To me it's like - I can call my sister a bitch but I'll be damned if anybody else can! You know??

:noidea: :noidea:

You name White Chicks....I can name lost of movies and television that have tons of stereotypes against minorities, women, age, ....Stereotypes are bad period, but I don't remember any negative ones in white chicks.

A few examples: Soul Man, that dumb Jamie Kennedy movie, Scary Movie, even Walt Disney movies have lots of stereotypes whether racial or otherwise. Shoot on Judging Amy also every Latino was a gang banger...

Really? Actually I did say I shouldn't have said it. My mom used to call me and my twin her little mexi-mutts when we were little. I'm not an oversensitive crybaby about it though. And I don't think my mom was being mean to us. I also think my mom had a wonderful sense of humor. I'm sure not everyone thought that. It is a matter of opinion. Why do you get to decide what is funny? And actually it was insulting to him. Why do you get to decide what is insulting. When I'm called a half-breed I am not insulted whether it is meant mean or as a joke. YOU would have been embarassed to tell this story, I'm not embarassed by my honesty. But I guess that makes you and I different. I learned a valuable lesson in that what I think is funny doesn't mean everyone else will think it is funny. And I actually think I did pretty much say the comment was ignorant....I may have not said it in YOUR words but I was admitting something I thought I had done wrong. Kind of a lesson learned relating to the topic of this thread. Like I said earlier though..Why do YOU get to decide what is funny? I'm just curious how you got that power. I would like it.

That's probably part of your problem...Have you ever thought about that? You are in some serious denial...So, you say your 1/2 Mexican:phanvan I am really trying not to assume stuff. I am really just going off with you are typing here.

Why do you get to decide what's funny? I am just using common sense. My mom always said common sense is just as importants as "book smarts." This has nothing to do w/big words. I have a great sense of humor when somethings funny:)

Well, it's about time someone gave him the BOOT! As a matter of fact it took too long! For you to say black people can say what they want is ridiculous! Howard Stern isn't black and he say and DO everythng on his show! He's another one that should get the BOOT! I am so tired of people trying to take up for ignorance and that includes in the hip/hop, rap, country, alternative, movies, sports and all others that I didn't name! Ignorance is ignorance!!! I am glad he is GONE and that should be a warning for others!! Thanks CBS and MSNBC! As for you wishing you was black...oh you couldn't handle it!

:clap2: :clap2:

Wow, does this seem like hate speech to anyone? It does me. Oh I know, if you are insulting a white person based on their looks it is ok. My bad. I keep forgetting that. silly me:rolleyes:

She didn't say anything about his race. Where'd you get that from?:phanvan

Since you love hip hop you should know it's not all about "gangster/kill people/slap your ho/i'm a pimp, etc."

quote]

Can you point out where I said "It's all about"?

You have only listed negative things about hip hop music. I don't even listen to much hip hop, but I know it's not all about bitches, hos and killing people...

Half the things you listed in your statement would apply to the Sopranos as well...Does that make Imus' statement even more funny to you?:phanvan

Should Steve Harvey get the boot for his ignorance that I'm listening to right now? I don't think he should.

What did he say? If it was something to the affect of nappy headed hos he should be fired.

That's probably part of your problem...Have you ever thought about that? You are in some serious denial...So, you say your 1/2 Mexican:phanvan I am really trying not to assume stuff. I am really just going off with you are typing here.

Why do you get to decide what's funny? I am just using common sense. My mom always said common sense is just as importants as "book smarts." This has nothing to do w/big words. I have a great sense of humor when somethings funny:)

Yes I am half mexican. My mother was full mexican and my father was full Irish, I think that makes me half mexican. It also makes me half Irish. Again, I could be wrong. What am I in denial about? Are you saying it was inappropriate for my mom to call us that? Are you saying I should have been offended by my mom? I would disagree with you saying I'm in denial. In fact, I think I'm being very honest and open even when it does not shed me in the best light.

Again, sense of humor is a matter of opinion. I don't think you have a good sense of humor. That doesn't mean I'm correct. I'm sure you would disagree. And you obviously don't think I have a good sense of humor. Doesn't mean you are correct. You don't get to decide what I think is funny. I don't get to decide what you should think is funny. Do you think political humor is funny? I don't. But I'm sure there are a lot of people reading this who do. What does common sense have to do with humor? How do they even go together? Common sense IS just as important as book smarts but I'm still not understanding the link between common sense and humor.

She didn't say anything about his race. Where'd you get that from?:phanvan

I didn't say she said anything about his race. I said she was spewing hate speech. She said he was old ugy creep. I said that was hate speech every bit as much as Imus nappy headed ho's comment. It just so happens he is white. Are you actually reading what I write? just curious.

embarrassed.gif pleeeese ,pleeease how do you quote somebody???

Have mercy, anybody????

To quote this you would enclose the above with

You can just hit the "quote" button to quote the post you are replying to.

:phanvan

Can you show me where I said He should accept my apology? Didn't I say that if he never forgave me for the rest of his life I would understand? I don't think some of you are quoting me accurately. If I wrote somewhere that he SHOULD accept my apology I certainly didn't mean to because I don't feel that way. But I don't think I did.

Oh, come on....Explain this what was the point of the example you gave?!!? Honestly, I really don't get the point of the story other than to make you look even worse. Eventhough you said you didn't except him to accept your apology, it really sounded like you did. Later in the story you made it clear you didn't even understand why he was still mad since you had apologized. Didn't you also also call him a crybaby:phanvan

You have only listed negative things about hip hop music. I don't even listen to much hip hop, but I know it's not all about bitches, hos and killing people...

Half the things you listed in your statement would apply to the Sopranos as well...Does that make Imus' statement even more funny to you?:phanvan

okay, you are not being honest here. I absolutely did NOT post only negative things about hip hop. I said in my opinion there were just as much self struggle hip hop as negative hip hop. Show me where I ONLY posted negative things about hip hop. You have yet to show me anything you have accused me of so far.

What did he say? If it was something to the affect of nappy headed hos he should be fired.

If you read my comment you would have read what he said. Steve harvey is making fun of white southern people and making racially sensitive, derogatory and stereotypical comments about them. Isn't that what Imus is being accuse of when he said nappy headed ho's? Isn't Imus being accused of being racially insensitive, stereotypical, and derogatory? Can you tell me what the difference is between these two people and why one is worse than the other?