Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Imus show suspended due to racial comments

Should Steve Harvey get the boot for his ignorance that I'm listening to right now? I don't think he should.

File a complaint and let's see!!

Now that is IGNORANT!

I would agree with you that was ignorant if I wasn't being sarcastic. And I don't mean I literally wish I was black. I'm trying to make a point. I'm proud of who I am as I think we should all be. Is being sarcastic ignorant?

Sunta - I agree, no surprise. It's funny. Back in college the exact same example was an a-ha for me, in a course I was taking called "Appreciation and Tolerance for Diversity." Also was an inventory we were asked to do at a store, to make a determination on whether or not the store would adequately serve the needs of X other ethnicity. We had to look at things like - the colors of clothing and what skin tones they were complimentary to, the type of hair and skin care products - things as "trivial" as what types of barettes were stocked, what the Shampoo directions were, etc. You know, those hippy free thought classes all of us liberal arts people like to take. (That's entirely my own tongue in my cheek). It was not only an eye opener, it made me very sad... to be able to see the problems that were invisible before, for my own lack of information and understanding.

I would agree with you that was ignorant if I wasn't being sarcastic. And I don't mean I literally wish I was black. I'm trying to make a point. I'm proud of who I am as I think we should all be. Is being sarcastic ignorant?

Depends on who it's coming from:) .

Maybe you could have tried to educate yourself a little better. By you telling this story it is clear that you still haven't learned anything. Why should he except your apology when it's clear you still to today don't even realize how ignorant your comment was. Perhaps that's why he didn't accept your apology.

Have you ever been to the tolerance museum in LA? The Holocaust museum in D.C? The internet is a great source of knowledge (some good and bad). Libraries are great. Talk to people, be willing to listen.

Can you show me where I said He should accept my apology? Didn't I say that if he never forgave me for the rest of his life I would understand? I don't think some of you are quoting me accurately. If I wrote somewhere that he SHOULD accept my apology I certainly didn't mean to because I don't feel that way. But I don't think I did.

You are absolutely right about Al Sharpton not making Imus say what he said. But Al Sharpton will jump on anything he can to get his stupid face on television. And actually Al Sharpton being a race-bating media whore isn't really the issue here. Al Sharpton does not get to decide what people say. Just like we cannot decide what dip-sh-- Sharpton says. But if you had to go through the 35 years worth of Imus shows and the thousands of press conferences that Sharpton has done, who would you say is closer to inciting a race war? I for one think it is Sharpton.

I am not a Sharpton supporter per se, but I think you are way off base. I have met Sharpton and I didn't get that at all...Al jumping his big head in front of the camera all the time doesn't change anything. I completely agree that he's hungry for attention.

Depends on who it's coming from:) .

May I ask you what it is about me that makes it not okay to be sarcastic? And would you also let me know what the criteria is for sarcasm being ok to say. I'm just curious what points I don't qualify for.

May I ask you what it is about me that makes it not okay to be sarcastic? And would you also let me know what the criteria is for sarcasm being ok to say. I'm just curious what points I don't qualify for.

Did I say it wasn't okay to be sarcastic? I see you have taken Imus' firing to HEART, you should start a fan club!:clap2:

Someone said in an earlier post "what if he would have done this in a doctor's office?" That is rediculous. HE DIDN'T DO IT IN A DOCTOR'S OFFICE. He did it on his radio/tv show where he has been expressing his opinions for 35 years. Like people said earlier, they listened to Howard Stern and decided they didn't like his stuff so they turned him off. That is their freedom. You have every right not to support him if he says something you don't like.

MSNBC and CBS would not have fired him if there wasn't the pressure from the groups. GUARANTEED. I am listening to clips on Directv right now of the Steve Harvey radio show. As I type this I am listening to his bit that is making fun of white, southern, rednecks. He is being very stereotypical. A. It's pretty damned funny if you ask me. I'm cracking up.

B. Where is the public outcry from Al Sharpton on Steve Harvey's politically incorrect comments? Oh that's right, he's black so he can say whatever he wants. Geez, wish I was black so I could say whatever I wanted to.

Comparing him to Howard Stern says what about him? Stern is a prejudice, sexist, disgusting human being.

And it's R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S...Couldn't resist after the 10th time!!

Did I say it wasn't okay to be sarcastic? I see you have taken Imus' firing to HEART, you should start a fan club!:clap2:

Actually you did say it wasn't ok to be sarcastic. Well you said it depends on who is saying it. So I am curious which people it is acceptable from and which people it isn't. Also, I should start a fan club for who? I'm not an Imus fan, in fact I think his show is pretty boring. But I do think you have an excellent suggestion as far as starting a fan club for what I am a fan of and the reason I started this thread. Great idea to start a fan club for the First Amendment. Good thinkin' girl!

Someone said in an earlier post "what if he would have done this in a doctor's office?" That is rediculous. HE DIDN'T DO IT IN A DOCTOR'S OFFICE. He did it on his radio/tv show where he has been expressing his opinions for 35 years. Like people said earlier, they listened to Howard Stern and decided they didn't like his stuff so they turned him off. That is their freedom. You have every right not to support him if he says something you don't like.

MSNBC and CBS would not have fired him if there wasn't the pressure from the groups. GUARANTEED. I am listening to clips on Directv right now of the Steve Harvey radio show. As I type this I am listening to his bit that is making fun of white, southern, rednecks. He is being very stereotypical. A. It's pretty damned funny if you ask me. I'm cracking up.

B. Where is the public outcry from Al Sharpton on Steve Harvey's politically incorrect comments? Oh that's right, he's black so he can say whatever he wants. Geez, wish I was black so I could say whatever I wanted to.

:phanvan Since when...Didn't Isiah Washington just get out of therapy.:speechles

Actually you did say it wasn't ok to be sarcastic. Well you said it depends on who is saying it. So I am curious which people it is acceptable from and which people it isn't. Also, I should start a fan club for who? I'm not an Imus fan, in fact I think his show is pretty boring. But I do think you have an excellent suggestion as far as starting a fan club for what I am a fan of and the reason I started this thread. Great idea to start a fan club for the First Amendment. Good thinkin' girl!

Always, glad I could be of assistance! I'm sure Imus will be the president!

Comparing him to Howard Stern says what about him? Stern is a prejudice, sexist, disgusting human being.

And it's R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S...Couldn't resist after the 10th time!!

I agree that Stern is a prejudice, sexist, disgusting human being. You are preaching to the choir about this issue. I couldn't agree with you more. But isn't Howard Stern allowed to have civil rights and liberties? Aren't we all allowed to have that? I hope so, and you should hope so to, because if they take that away from us, then we will not be able to have message boards like this where you and I can both post our opinions even though they disagree. I don't want that taken away from me. I'm sure you don't either.

Have a good weekend everyone!